Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 12:36   #46
BHPian

Congrats on the new car.

Can you provide the detailed breakup of the price of the car along with the difference in price of the audio and floor mats quoted by dealer and what you got outside.

Are you not instaling the mud flaps or is it not available with dealer? Noticed the bottom of the front door is dirty in one of the pic.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Nice set of Wheels! Congratulations! Looks pristine in RED.

The Stanley leather looks Great too.

Wish you miles of happiness
Take Care and Drive Safe
Old 6th April 2010, 15:04   #48
BHPian

Congrats on you new car.

How was the dealership experience? Are the VW guy's different from other dealers.

How are you finding the car while driving in traffic?

Will help us to know the car better.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:41   #49
BHPian

This is an overwhelming response! Thanks a lot for all your wishes, I was similarly curious for last two months about this little beauty. I will try to answer as elaborate as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
hpzone, A 2 DIN HU would have looked much more ***ier. What is the current Odo reading? How about the key question on indian minds? mileage!
Though myself being a mallu, getting jealous, seeing deliveries happening in Kerala much faster than Bangalore whether it is Polo or Figo.
Hmm 2 DIN would have been ***ier! This is a ar for my wife and her only demand was Stanley seat cover so everything else is purely functional.

As per sales guys POLO booking has crossed 250 in cochin and expect long waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations!

Can you comment on the rear set knee space?? From your pictures, I can see that there is not much knee space. Is that picture taken with the driver seat pushed fully back??

Knee space is average and similar to most of the cars in the segment. not like INNOVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman18 View Post
I couldn't figure out the Parking sensor at back bumper ?
Thats painted in RED, and the guys has done a good job I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Congratulations ! It looks great. BTW what specifications for the 3M sunfilms. Its really going well with the polo in red. Last two pics look great.
I dont remember the specs, just asked them to keep it within legal limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
congrats buddy, blazing hot, so jealous, cant wait for mine anymoree!! didnt you receive mudflaps from VW because I dont see them. Nice work with seat covers, how much did it cost?? IMO if you cover steering wheel also it would look great. Can you get us some pics of the lit-up interiors in dark?
No mud flaps installed yet, I will get it by the time monsoon hot Kerala. Pics to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Awesome car and awesome interiors!!
Very many congratulations on your new buy.

1 question - You have a TL. Is the front visibility good enough without the driver seat adjust?

I am 5' 10'' and the visibility is perfect without any adjustments and has a head room of about 6 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Superb pics man. The seat covers look great.

Just one thing - no offense but you could have purchased a better looking HU. The green backlit display doesn't really gel with the rest of the car.

Any external mods in the pipeline?
The backlit is red and looks good with rest of the car. The green part is the letters and is not prominent at night. I will post some pictures to clarify this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Congrats on your Polo.
Can we have some pics of the boot space & engine bay.
Would love to see some pics with all doors open.
Even I was contemplating on new hatchback & Polo seems a wise choice. Pls post some driving experience/s.

pics soon. As this is a second car and mainly used by my wife, no plans for long trip. I will take it around for next few days and post experience.

Raab Rakha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Congrats on the new car.

Can you provide the detailed breakup of the price of the car along with the difference in price of the audio and floor mats quoted by dealer and what you got outside.

Are you not instaling the mud flaps or is it not available with dealer? Noticed the bottom of the front door is dirty in one of the pic.
i didn't enquire about Audio and floor-mats from dealer as the choice was limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Congrats on you new car.

How was the dealership experience? Are the VW guy's different from other dealers.

How are you finding the car while driving in traffic?

Will help us to know the car better.
VW experience was very professional, similar to that I had from Toyota guys. Only thing is they are still learning about POLO and being in TBHP I could ask some smart questions. Thanks to GTO
Old 6th April 2010, 15:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Heard that Kerala was one of main market for VW even before POLO.In Bangalore also dealer is giving all sorts of sales numbers but very few deliveries. Even the display cars have been sold out and only one demo car remains in the showroom.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:03   #51
BHPian

Congrats on the Red beauty! The leather looks good.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:40   #52
BHPian

hpzone, congratulations on your new Polo ! It is a great buy. I got my TDCi Figo yesterday, and Polo was very much in my list till they announced prices. I wanted ABS and Airbags and the Polo variant with those features, was over my budget. May be my next car is going to be a VW :-) Do post more about the driving experience. I loved the seat covers and the interior has an elegant look overall.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic initial report hpzone. Congratulations on getting yourself a robust German hatch. I personally love the looks of the Polo, clean and no nonsense. Your Stanley upholstery looks fabulous and matches the red car well. No plans of alloys?

Looking forward to your ownership experience. Do keep updating this thread as you drive along.

P.S Nice pictures too.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:19   #54
BHPian

awesomeda machaa , looks great in red

Personally , I prefer an all black seat covers , but again its just my personal preference .
How about upgrading to a 15" alloys and tyres? I saw a cool looking alloy for display in one of your pic . Do you know how much does it cost?

PS:- Tyre upgrade is one thing that I ask most of the guys here when they buy a new vehicle , according to Mr Rejo , the looks get enhanced to a large extend if the tyres are upgraded
Old 6th April 2010, 18:15   #55
BHPian

re:

congrats hpzone. That's an awesome looking hatch. Can you post the FE figure?
Old 6th April 2010, 18:21   #56
BHPian

excellent choice buddy !! the polo is as minty as the one with the hole

The pics are well to cover every nook and corners of the car. But i find just one thing missing, Alloys !!! With those looks, the stanley upgrades, that color, the usual steel caps just take away the charm. Any plans on those ??
Old 6th April 2010, 18:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car mate, I hope to own one at a future date , not soon but later on.Keep us posted as you roll in the kms.Good luck and wish you happy motoring.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
excellent choice buddy !! the polo is as minty as the one with the hole

The pics are well to cover every nook and corners of the car. But i find just one thing missing, Alloys !!! With those looks, the Stanley upgrades, that color, the usual steel caps just take away the charm. Any plans on those ??
the wheel caps don't look that bad. unlike the others. on figo too you can live with it. alloys in general are a must i think. but since i read somewhere this car is for his wife. maybe they won't be necessary.

for alloys, i think carbon black alloys on white would look killer. red car demands something in chrome or something special but mean looking. overall the car looks great and thanks for the pics. and info about accessories and stuff. at 4k you can get body colored doors handles and mirrors. great!! personally i would have gone with the all beige creamy leather seats. to match the beige interiors it would have given its more rich feeling. but your seats are deadly looking (kinda sporty!! cool).

err.... these are stupid questions,

* can we get the rear power windows installed somehow in trendline variant? (paying extra/ aftermarket) is it possible. i think the rear window goes down completely in the case of polo when compared to figo's 60%.

*what about the official keyless entry option from the dealer. can you operate windows and stuff like in passat. is it same kinda key or some cheap version? (i am thinking of that desmodronic stuff when i say keyless entry).

*also is it worth going for comfortline version, whats your opinion, as i myself could not find much differences between trendline comfortline.(price justification) power windows, i don't like skipping of climate control and power mirrors.maybe they will have it in the 1.6 verison. as of now. i20 is the best in terms of features.

Last edited by Caramelo : 6th April 2010 at 20:24.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:05   #59
BHPian

the floor mats have fitted very nicely, feels like specially designed for polo from where did you get it? any specific size or car model for which they were designed?
Old 6th April 2010, 22:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if you guys feel the same thing but the center console of the dashboard reminds me of the Alto's dashboard.In fact do away with the steering wheel someone could mistake it for the Alto's interior.Nothing that its seems bad but just a observation.Of course the build quality is much better than the Alto's.

Most Viewed