Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 22:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

I am sure, you made that observation in a jovial mood

Last edited by poloman : 6th April 2010 at 22:40.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
the wheel caps don't look that bad. unlike the others. on figo too you can live with it. alloys in general are a must i think. but since i read somewhere this car is for his wife. maybe they won't be necessary.

for alloys, i think carbon black alloys on white would look killer. red car demands something in chrome or something special but mean looking. overall the car looks great and thanks for the pics. and info about accessories and stuff. at 4k you can get body colored doors handles and mirrors. great!! personally i would have gone with the all beige creamy leather seats. to match the beige interiors it would have given its more rich feeling. but your seats are deadly looking (kinda sporty!! cool).

err.... these are stupid questions,

* can we get the rear power windows installed somehow in trendline variant? (paying extra/ aftermarket) is it possible. i think the rear window goes down completely in the case of polo when compared to figo's 60%.

It should be possible to get the rear power windows installed. But as you said it is pointless with 60%opening

*what about the official keyless entry option from the dealer. can you operate windows and stuff like in passat. is it same kinda key or some cheap version? (i am thinking of that desmodronic stuff when i say keyless entry).

with Highline windows can be operated remotely

*also is it worth going for comfortline version, whats your opinion, as i myself could not find much differences between trendline comfortline.(price justification) power windows, i don't like skipping of climate control and power mirrors.maybe they will have it in the 1.6 verison. as of now. i20 is the best in terms of features.

I too agree that i20 is still the best loaded hatch available, but the ride and handling is much better in POLO. I found the trendline is VFM and hardly any point in going for comfortline. You can get most of the features done like body coloured mirror and parcel tray. Thats wht VW is offering only two colors in Trendline

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
the floor mats have fitted very nicely, feels like specially designed for polo from where did you get it? any specific size or car model for which they were designed?
Its from Automate in cochin, in fact it costs only Rs 600. We were surprised to see a perfect fit for POLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I don't know if you guys feel the same thing but the center console of the dashboard reminds me of the Alto's dashboard.In fact do away with the steering wheel someone could mistake it for the Alto's interior.Nothing that its seems bad but just a observation.Of course the build quality is much better than the Alto's.
Comparing Alto and POLO
could you have a look at POLO interiors before making such a brave comparison?
In fact POLO will be a replacement of my wife's Alto and it feels planets apart.

Few more pictures for the earlier requests, I like the German stickers and many parts are made in Germany/ Czech republic.
Attached Thumbnails
POLO the mint with no hole-img_9739.jpg  

POLO the mint with no hole-img_9751.jpg  

POLO the mint with no hole-img_9753.jpg  

POLO the mint with no hole-img_9754.jpg  

POLO the mint with no hole-img_9759.jpg  

POLO the mint with no hole-img_9763.jpg  

POLO the mint with no hole-img_9764.jpg  

Last edited by hpzone : 7th April 2010 at 00:01.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Comparing Alto and POLO
could you have a look at POLO interiors before making such a brave comparison?
In fact POLO will be a replacement of my wife's Alto and it feels planets apart.
Oh don't get me wrong buddy i was talking about the center dashboard bit, the a/c vents in particular, not the whole thing.No offense meant.I am sure you will find the polo a much pleasurable drive than the Alto , i do not doubt that a bit.

Old 7th April 2010, 09:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Why the heck does the Polo have a warning sticker in German? I couldn't spot a English version either.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:16   #65
BHPian

@sumeeththaldankar,
Even i see a similarity.Polo interiors are not going to win any design competition but as an overall package it seems to be a good proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Oh don't get me wrong buddy i was talking about the center dashboard bit, the a/c vents in particular, not the whole thing.No offense meant.I am sure you will find the polo a much pleasurable drive than the Alto , i do not doubt that a bit.

Old 7th April 2010, 11:33   #66
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy HpZone. It is a beauty indeed.

what is the FE you are getting?

I test drove the polo in Chennai with 3 people in the car and honestly felt the car was underpowered. This is not from a reference point of higher powered cars. I drive an M800. Please don't jump the gun guys. I'm not saying I find the M800 more powerful. But I do think the polo loses out on the power to weight ratio front. In first gear, I found the polo struggling to transmit the power to the wheels. I drive with a light foot but was surprised to hear the sales rep say that german cars need the throttle to be floored to get some amount of power!

The sales rep also said that the TD vehicle hadn't been serviced in a long time and was going for continuous tests.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:54   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Congrats on the new buy HpZone. It is a beauty indeed.

what is the FE you are getting?

I test drove the polo in Chennai with 3 people in the car and honestly felt the car was underpowered. This is not from a reference point of higher powered cars. I drive an M800. Please don't jump the gun guys. I'm not saying I find the M800 more powerful. But I do think the polo loses out on the power to weight ratio front. In first gear, I found the polo struggling to transmit the power to the wheels. I drive with a light foot but was surprised to hear the sales rep say that german cars need the throttle to be floored to get some amount of power!

The sales rep also said that the TD vehicle hadn't been serviced in a long time and was going for continuous tests.
Odo has done only 600km so far. FE seems to be around 14 with 100% AC.

I agree M 800 feels much responsive in first gear, mainly due to the light weight. 1.2 L Engine in such a heavy car is a big compromise between FE, Tax discounts and performance. Hope VW will bring the 1.2 TSI sometime soon
Old 11th April 2010, 10:13   #68
BHPian

Firstly hp, congrats. I think you've made the most sensible choice among the 3 variants for the Polo and the way you've kitted it out is stupendous. You've got maximum bang for your buck. Even though, I had initially thought about going for the Highline, I'm now contemplating saving some moolah and plonking for the Trendline instead. The comfortline would have been nice if it were priced lower. For the additions over the Trendline, the price difference is a tad too high IMO. And since I love the Flash Red, the restricted colour options on the base variant is a moot point.

My accessory pack would be quite similar to yours' and I'd add alloy wheels while I'm at it.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:46   #69
BHPian

Congrates, seatcover looks awasome. Engine bay is like empty, warning in German is funny.
Old 12th April 2010, 00:15   #70
BHPian

Congrats on your new car - Polo looks awesome in red and the Stanley seat covers are very striking.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:16   #71
BHPian

Congrats Hpzone on buying an 'Almost Audi' Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
its going to be a polo and figo parade on TBHP, figo already and polo to follow.
U had my words. Both the Polo and Figo are such wonderful offerings and have the VFM factor without compromise.

I have taken 4 test drives of each (makes 8 in total). Each time I test drive either of the two, I feel thats a perfect buy, but then as you know.

In the performance front, both the Polo Petrol and Figo TDci could kick up dust-storms. Am utterly confused now.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Firstly hp, congrats. I think you've made the most sensible choice among the 3 variants for the Polo and the way you've kitted it out is stupendous. You've got maximum bang for your buck. Even though, I had initially thought about going for the Highline, I'm now contemplating saving some moolah and plonking for the Trendline instead. The comfortline would have been nice if it were priced lower. For the additions over the Trendline, the price difference is a tad too high IMO. And since I love the Flash Red, the restricted colour options on the base variant is a moot point.

My accessory pack would be quite similar to yours' and I'd add alloy wheels while I'm at it.
I totally agree, I would have considered Highlighline if it had ACC, and better ICE (say USB connection and steering controls). So trendline is VFM for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Congrates, seatcover looks awasome. Engine bay is like empty, warning in German is funny.
Thanks, Only thing is seeing German stickers reassures you are buying a German car

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Congrats Hpzone on buying an 'Almost Audi' Hatch

U had my words. Both the Polo and Figo are such wonderful offerings and have the VFM factor without compromise.

I have taken 4 test drives of each (makes 8 in total). Each time I test drive either of the two, I feel thats a perfect buy, but then as you know.

In the performance front, both the Polo Petrol and Figo TDci could kick up dust-storms. Am utterly confused now.
Tough choice, if you plan to keep the car for 2-3 years go for Figo. Anything above 5 years POLO may be worth
Old 15th April 2010, 17:04   #73
BHPian

Congrats HPZOne. Just drove the Polo yesterday. Its awesome. VW have a winner. Your decking up of the car with leather looks terrific. Good luck and safe driving !!!!
Old 18th April 2010, 21:28   #74
BHPian

can u give us some details about lock/unlocking. doors. i didn't get what GTO said in his review on this topic?.

and also in the night interior pic.i can see a lovely red glow just below the AC controls!! what is it?

Last edited by Caramelo : 18th April 2010 at 21:31.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:51   #75

Congrats buddy. The car looks gr8 in red and with those stanley seat covers. It looks classy.
Earlier I used to drool over punto(red & white) & Linea. Now Polo too has been added to my drool-over list.

Take care & Drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks