Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 16:20   #1
BHPian

Test drove the Cedia sports

I test drove the Cedia Sports today after about 2 weeks I got in touch with the dealer. The vehicle was brand new with only 40 kms on the ODO and even PDI was not done. I asked the SP if it was a TD vehicle before stepping into it and he said it indeed was.

There were white protective stickers on the top, boot and front on the black Cedia (black was visible only on the sides) and from a distance it looked really good (as if painted) and attracted quite a few onlookers.

+ves
Need I add more? All things said by many Cedia owners stand true. But here are things at the top of my mind
* One of the best I found to drive from the cars I test drove from 9-20L in couple of months. Actually the only other is Civic MT. I attribute this mostly to the steering feedback (having driven the Alto non-PS for 9 yrs now). I felt something missing in others.
* Excellent visibility
* Black dashboard - Something I like the most as it does not reflect.

Things that my better half cared for herself and my kid
* Boot access from rear seat
* Rear cup holders
(Believe me, together, above 2 are difficult to find. Only other I found was Superb)
* Rear lights
* Good visibility

-ves
* Engine did not sound as refined as say Civic/Corolla.
* Did not engage into 4th gear at times
^These might be because even PDI was not done. I will drive it again on Saturday.
* Navigation is gone - Does anyone have any info on if the Kenwood is capable of a upgrade to handle navigation? Which model is it?
* No wireless remote for the Audio / DVD system (I actually don't know if its provided). But except for Corolla/Civic/Accord none others have controls at the back/wireless remote!
* Casio styled trip meter (I actually don't care about this)

Waiting period is approx 8-9 days. 99% will be booking it on Saturday.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:24   #2
BHPian

as far as my knowledge goes, Mitsubishi usually don't have a test drive car. Its usually that of some unsuspecting customer's car waiting to be delivered that is given for TD to potential buyers.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
as far as my knowledge goes, Mitsubishi usually don't have a test drive car. Its usually that of some unsuspecting customer's car waiting to be delivered that is given for TD to potential buyers.
I don't think that's the case at-least here in Bangalore. When I TD'ed the Cedia sports it was a proper TD car with stickers on it.

Quote:
The vehicle was brand new with only 40 kms on the ODO and even PDI was not done. I asked the SP if it was a TD vehicle before stepping into it and he said it indeed was.
Did the car have the TD stickers or was just a random car from the stockyard ? Some of these dealers are quite good at passing off TD cars as brand new one's to unsuspecting customers.

Just in case you plan to pick up one, make sure you inspect the car at the stockyard itself and use the PDI list provided on the forum.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Did the car have the TD stickers or was just a random car from the stockyard ? Some of these dealers are quite good at passing off TD cars as brand new one's to unsuspecting customers.
No it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Just in case you plan to pick up one, make sure you inspect the car at the stockyard itself and use the PDI list provided on the forum.
Yes I am aware of the list.
Old 7th April 2010, 00:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Same here. All my Cedia TD's (4, IIRC) have been on new showroom cars with the speedo disconnected.

During the last TD, I was told that it was a pre-PDI car. Had just arrived.

Navigation is gone, but I believe it now comes with a rear parking sensor/camera. I think the model no is DDX-5032
Old 7th April 2010, 00:28   #6
BHPian

it was the same here in chennai too.. a couple of years back. Disconnected speedo
Old 7th April 2010, 10:23   #7
BHPian

had TDed the Cedia twice, first about a couple of months back and second last week. on both ocassions it was a new car that had arived at the showroom for delivery.

In my case the delear said he has the pre change verison (with navigation) and was giving a discount of abt 50 k but I think it is the car that he has been using for TD's. this is making me think twice before I go in for it.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:59   #8
BHPian

I just found some answers about navigation/GPS on another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Thanks to rohanguns who is arranging for someone in Pune to call me.
Old 11th April 2010, 01:00   #9
BHPian

I had been to the dealer today (actually its yesterday now) and saw the same car on the display. To be fair to the Pune dealer and Mitsubishi the car does not seem to be a customer car but a display+test drive car. So was the case with and outlander and couple of Pajeros. I test drove it again today. The speedo was connected earlier and even today.

I was supposed to book today but haven't done it yet as
1. website mentioned ex-showroom price as 9.9L but the dealer ex-showroom price (without octroi) is 10.17. I asked this to them and they said the website is not updated. I will call Mitsubishi on Monday to confirm the same but I think its likely that prices have been increased due to excise increase since March.
2. I read few threads on Cedia purchase and the discount offered for sports was ~ 30K. I was initially offered 10K OR a set of basic accessories + teflon coating. Later when I said I dont reqiure finance, I was offered both and thats it.
3. Saw the face-lifted Outlander and was even more confused on whether I should go for it as I liked it at least by look and feel of it. My wife dislikes SUVs and is also not supportive on this thought. Only issue is very low FE in stop n go traffic (as reported by owners in other thread) which is most of my daily drive.
4. News about new Lancer popping up again (not the evo).

So the current situation is if I have to buy now I may go for Civic (top of my mind) but am still not able to decide between Civic, Laura petrol, Corolla.

Most Viewed