Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 14:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
Thanks a lot hari78 and Schoudhury - glad you liked it. More coming and pictures of both swifty and my good ol' Zen will certainly be added to this thread in the next few days.

Unfortunately, I'm off with my trusted swifty to Ooty-Masinagudi-Coimbatore on a 9-day trip starting tomorrow (this was a spur of the moment thing and not at all properly planned) and therefore this will only happen after I am back. In the meantime, I found another set of thoughts I had penned down and will post that in a moment.
Congrats on the great decision! I am pondering about Swift my mind too, just that Figo came along and complicated things.

And hey, I too will be in Ooty from 14th to 18th. Maybe we will cross path (Ooty is a small town) . Mine is a silver Indica (which is indistinguishable from a thousand other silver Indicas) and I havent put the team-bhp sticker on it yet. Does your Swift have a sticker?
Old 9th April 2010, 14:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate. Superb documentation there. Loved the write up.

Its time for the Pics on this thread
Old 9th April 2010, 14:58   #18
BHPian

HI ddis Dude,
Seems that you have a penchant of writing and ensuring with your amazing write-ups that readers do not getup before they finish your thread. It is one of the best story(that to after a year of purchase!)and is laudable. Reading this thread seems that I myself in process of bringing swifty-D home. You have gurus here like Jaggu and Diesel fan that can help you to make most with your Swifty. Do remember to drive at safe speeds as swift is notorious to excite the devil in you. And hey you missed pics again.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:22   #19
BHPian

OK guys - apologize for the delay - but some pics from day 1 and from a trip to Ooty a couple of weeks back.

She behaves really good these days and I am amazed by the handling (from a purely drivers perspective). She's done more than 8500KM's so far and I dont think I ever sat in the rear-seat! I would most certainly prefer the driver's seat any-day

As I said sometime back - now I know why so many people buy her - its not only the mileage and the service guys - I can honestly say! She's one hell of a driver's car and addictive as only a driver would know.
Attached Thumbnails
Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a1.jpg  

Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a2.jpg  

Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a3.jpg  

Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a4.jpg  

Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a5.jpg  

Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a6.jpg  

Mettalic sunlight copper DDiS comes home to papa-a7.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 08:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks hot! When were you in Ooty? I was there between 14th to 18th. Is that hotel Lakeview? (looks like it.)

Any plans for alloys? Or wheel cap at least?
Old 4th May 2010, 20:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Your car looks hot! When were you in Ooty? I was there between 14th to 18th. Is that hotel Lakeview? (looks like it.)

Any plans for alloys? Or wheel cap at least?
Raju,

Sorry - I forgot to tell you - I saw your msg only after I returned from Ooty. I was there from 10th-14th of April. Your right - I was at lakeview - nice drive and nice place - not bad at all!

Alloys - thats the thing plaguing me now man! Dont know what I was thinking when I bought it! I seriously need to change the tyres as well. Have already got the approval from the financier (wifey) - just need to get that done sometime! Too busy/lazy to ask around for an exchange deal - I dont think I'll get much for the 8k+ tyres though.

The tyres though feel seriously inadequate for the car - a tyre upsize is also on
Old 4th May 2010, 21:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was at lakeview too! I agree, it is a very nice place at reasonable rates.

In fact I think I remember seeing a Swift in your color, but not sure. I guess there are many of them in this color . In fact I am thinking of this color when booking my Swift next month.

As we are both in Chennai, maybe we can sync up and go for the tyre upsize together. But it will be at least a couple of months before I get my Swift (if it is Swift ).
Old 5th May 2010, 15:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
In fact I think I remember seeing a Swift in your color, but not sure. I guess there are many of them in this color . In fact I am thinking of this color when booking my Swift next month.

As we are both in Chennai, maybe we can sync up and go for the tyre upsize together. But it will be at least a couple of months before I get my Swift (if it is Swift ).
Hey Raju - all the best with your decision! Make no mistake - after you've driven her around for a few months - both heart and head (and everything else) will say "SWIFT"!!!

Sunlight Copper has become a very common color these days - I guess its the one MUL is making the most of. Someone also said somewhere that this is a slightly expensive color compared the other metallic colors and that touch-ups and repainting jobs would be more expensive. But, this is a very common color - particularly in Chennai - do keep that in mind when you decide. Also, the tyre upgrade and alloys are a MUST! I dont have a plan for that now - but its probably going to be a spur of the moment thing.

I wish MUL released the blue that they have in Alto/Ritz on the Swift.

Hey - if you did see this in Ooty - it was me in all likelihood! Dont recall seeing another one this color - at least at lakeview while I was there. I was in room 44 or thereabouts.

Lets sync up sometime buddy - do let me know if you need any help with your decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks