Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:30   #76
BHPian

have a question to other figo owners, when you brake, just when the vehicle stops do you hear a sound?
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
have a question to other figo owners, when you brake, just when the vehicle stops do you hear a sound?
YES! I just decided to believe its normal. What all a FIAT can do to you..Now i dont like taking my car to the service centre

But seriously. I think its not an issue.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:27   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
YES! I just decided to believe its normal. What all a FIAT can do to you..Now i dont like taking my car to the service centre

But seriously. I think its not an issue.
thanks, also in the first gear. If you accelerate and take your foot of the pedals, vehicle jerks . Does this happen to you too?
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

scorpio, gemi, that creak sound should come only if you are coming to a halt on an inclined road and take your foot off the brake. It's the chassis flexing and it's normal.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:45   #80
BANNED

Quote:
thanks, also in the first gear. If you accelerate and take your foot of the pedals, vehicle jerks . Does this happen to you too?
You mean the jerk is such that it pushes your body forward.. right? This is because once you have reached the 1800-2000 mark & let go of the throttle, the revs go below 1500 quite easily in 1st gear & all that torque that you developed has suddenly gone. <------CAUSE

The feeling is like when brakes are applied. This is common in diesel cars.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You mean the jerk is such that it pushes your body forward.. right? This is because once you have reached the 1800-2000 mark & let go of the throttle, the revs go below 1500 quite easily in 1st gear & all that torque that you developed has suddenly gone. <------CAUSE

The feeling is like when brakes are applied. This is common in diesel cars.
Yes i think so, thanks.

@gilead: it happens when i release the brake, but not on any inclination though, but i know what you mean. when diengaging the hand brake.
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:27   #82
BHPian

today i filled her up again she drank 28.68 litres with the trip meter showing 343.6 km since her last fill up. that gives a mileage of 12kmpl for diesel. Petrol bunk Kamadhenu Indianoil near TTK road. Most of the driving in city with AC except 60 km on OMR.
Now the DTE shows 558 thats mileage of 12kmpl. hope this is just initial running in period issue.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 23rd April 2010 at 23:37.
Old 25th April 2010, 15:30   #83
BHPian

I went to Xenos to check out sunfilms, their i met another Figo diesel owner, he said that FE is 17 on highway and he made a trip to tirupati yesterday. He is also planning to get tiltable steering to his car done. He had apollo's and said that the pulling issue was there and he got his tyres changed by Ford. Infact he lodged a complaint online and Ford came, took his car and changed the tyres.
I have been feeling the pulling to the left, did recent run in OMR and beyond Poonamallee today, so went to the service station at Alwarpet. I met Vinod and Samuel, they suggested swapping the front tyres and check for the issue, they swapped it and test drove it, guess what the left pull is there? suggested i take the car to velachery, also one of the service guys mentioned that Apollo tyres are being swapped to Goodyear all five of them. I have lodged a complaint through their website and also planning to call the customer care tomorrow. Hope they sort this issue soon.
Old 25th April 2010, 15:40   #84
BHPian

Quote:
He is also planning to get tiltable steering to his car done.
How can this be done?
Old 25th April 2010, 15:44   #85
BHPian

Is the fuel efficiency just 12 kmpl for the Figo?? It is something that I cannot beleive despite the reviews quoting the TDCi as one of the best engines available.
Old 25th April 2010, 15:58   #86
BHPian

First day kiss with hyundai

guys here are the pics of the damage that my figu had on the day i took delivery
My Ford Figo ZXi TDCi Colorado Red-img_3080.jpg
paint gone after the kiss
My Ford Figo ZXi TDCi Colorado Red-img_3081.jpg
Impact created a dent on the wheel arch
My Ford Figo ZXi TDCi Colorado Red-img_3082.jpg

Last edited by scorpio07 : 25th April 2010 at 16:02.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:11   #87
BHPian

I got the MRF's - so put pressure and get them changed to GY.

And I'm planning to put the RE35 on my car. I think the silver finish should look good on the green.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:55   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I got the MRF's - so put pressure and get them changed to GY.

And I'm planning to put the RE35 on my car. I think the silver finish should look good on the green.
Awesome, i will get it done in charcoal i think either at Lumar or Solar gauard at Xenos. Looking for the microfiber cloth, its not available
Old 27th April 2010, 11:41   #89
BHPian

As i mentioned in the earlier post about the tyre issue, called up Ford on Monday morning to lodge it at their customer care, mentioned them about the tyre swap at the service station. Evening got a call from one Mr.Azhar from the Alwarpet service centre, asked me to take the car to Velachery. Informed him that i can leave the car at their service centre and pick up the car from there, he agreed and arranged for the Velachery guys to pick it up from their station.

Today,left the beauty at the service station. will post updates
Old 27th April 2010, 15:38   #90
BHPian

Great. The GY's should serve you well.

I bought and received the Jopasu duster and the Microfiber cloth from eBay. Yet to use them, because my driver does most of the cleaning. Got the blue cloth from a local shop and made it ready(boiled with detergent).

I'll be putting the Sunfilm tomorrow at Balaji. Will check the demo pieces before deciding. 3M should be good enough. I'll also be checking some minor accessories tomorrow. My Innova has a superb parking sensor - something called Sonar. Will try to get that fitted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks