Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 19:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
The rear is not as claustrophobic as people have made it out to be
+1 to that. My parents, sitting at the back, never complained. It DOES look claustrophobic from outside. But once you sit, it never really bothers you.

Nice review sir, keep it coming...
Old 14th April 2010, 11:36   #17
BHPian

A couple of display snaps
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00949.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-image_030.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00950.jpg  

Old 14th April 2010, 15:15   #18
BHPian

Congrats akshatverma1979.
You are one of the lucky ones to get the car so fast!
Your red Beat looks great. Eventhough I bought a green Beat, Red is my favourite colour.
Wish you safe and happy miles ahead.
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Congrats akshatverma1979.
You are one of the lucky ones to get the car so fast!
Your red Beat looks great. Eventhough I bought a green Beat, Red is my favourite colour.
Wish you safe and happy miles ahead.
Thanks salbin.have a lot more to write about the car,but i guess ppl are more interested in the Figo on teambhp.by the way,Loved your thread and photos.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:09   #20
BHPian

Akshat,
Let people go on Figo-ing. Figo is also a super VFM car. However, there are lots of readers interested in Beat as well as its another great VFM car as well - so keep your stuff coming!

Im waiting to complete my first service to write my thread!
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks salbin.have a lot more to write about the car,but i guess ppl are more interested in the Figo on teambhp.by the way,Loved your thread and photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Akshat,
Let people go on Figo-ing. Figo is also a super VFM car. However, there are lots of readers interested in Beat as well as its another great VFM car as well - so keep your stuff coming!

Agreed. Iam a big BEAT fan, and yes, would like to know more about your ownership experience with the car.And Iam sure, there are lot many guys interested in it.So you guys, please keep posting.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That should not stop you from writing. There are a lot more people watching the thread than those who actually reply.

I just had a doubt. Is the LCD display a bit too bright for night driving? Does it dim when you turn on the headlights?
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

I just had a doubt. Is the LCD display a bit too bright for night driving? Does it dim when you turn on the headlights?
Yes, it does dim when you turn on the headlights. Else it would have been too bright
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. My parents, sitting at the back, never complained. It DOES look claustrophobic from outside. But once you sit, it never really bothers you.

Nice review sir, keep it coming...
Ditto with me quadmaniac.Even my parents didnt for once even feel claustrophobic.it's quite ok when u sit inside.

Quote:
Akshat,

I agree 100 % about the Figo.In fact as i wrote earlier,I almost bought the Figo for its space.but i guess i've always been a sucker for looks.

Quote:
Yes, it does dim when you turn on the headlights. Else it would have been too bright
Just to add,I think not only the LCD display,but the whole blue backlit central console dims.will check it out tomorrow and reply.

Also thanks for the replies and views.I didnt consider the fact that people might be viewing the thread and not replying.Will be back tomorrow with further comments on the car.
Old 24th April 2010, 07:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Just to add,I think not only the LCD display,but the whole blue backlit central console dims.will check it out tomorrow and reply.
I can confirm this. The whole central console blue background dims out. Well thought out.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:06   #26
BHPian

Well back with the review.First a mishappening.Some idiot yanked off my rear wiper and left
it hanging.I wonder what ppl get from this.but thankfully,The whole wiper as such was not
damaged and the service centre ppl got it fixed again,And didnt charge me anything for the
same.
ACC review-The climate control of the car is AMAZING,and you just have to try it to believe
me.It's already upto 45-46 degrees in nagpur,and the ACC chills the car like anything.And
it's so quick in doing so that i'm already feeling that i've got my money's worth.The pickup
does drop quite a lot in 2nd gear though with the cooling on.the vents are also well designed with no probs in adjusting the air flow.The rear bench doesnt feel left
out at all and the circulation is really good.I feel cold air hitting my neck from behind
when driving.So,over all a 10 on 10 from me to the ACC.

ICE review-The car audio does need an upgrade for audiophiles like me.But for the normal
casual listner,The system is good enough.You wont feel the need for an
upgrade.There's a lack of punch in the Bass,But nothing i can call really bad.The CD reciever is nice with no problems in reading my home written mp3 cd's.radio reception is also clear.my only problem has been the mini USB.havent found an adapter for mini usb to usb in nagpur.ordered one from ebay yesterday.will update whether it reads from my mp3 player after i get it.personally,i've kept the settings at
Bass - 3+
Treble - 2+
rear speakers - 3+
balance - 0
preset equaliser - off
The sound quality i get from these settings is in fact very very acceptable and at par or
better than your wagon R's and other small car OEM supplies.Also i read somewhere within the beat review thread that this car also has speed sensing volume control.Is this true?i didnt feel so as yet.
Old 25th April 2010, 15:05   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Some idiot yanked off my rear wiper and left
it hanging.I wonder what ppl get from this.but thankfully,The whole wiper as such was not
damaged and the service centre ppl got it fixed again,And didnt charge me anything for the
same.

ACC review-The climate control of the car is AMAZING,and you just have to try it to believe
me.It's already upto 45-46 degrees in nagpur,and the ACC chills the car like anything.And
it's so quick in doing so that i'm already feeling that i've got my money's worth.
.So,over all a 10 on 10 from me to the ACC.

ICE review-.my only problem has been the mini USB.havent found an adapter for mini usb to usb in nagpur.ordered one from ebay yesterday.will update whether it reads from my mp3 player after i get it.
Sad to hear about the incident. Even me too wonder about what makes them do this kind of nonsense! Some kind of sadistic pleasure.

About ACC, I fully agree with you. It is definitely The Best In Class. I remember when I was driving to my native, we stopped @ Coimbatore for lunch. When we stepped out of the car, felt like standing near a furnace. We could not even imagine that it is so hot outside. Only one thing missing in ACC.. Outside Temperature display. But for the money we spend we can not expect anything more than this.

I feel that the adaptors with pen drive will be projecting more outwards from the console. That is the reason I went for a MiniUSB->USB2.0 cable along with USB female->female adaptor. The entire thing can be hidden nicely in the cubby hole below. Check my thread for pics..
Old 4th May 2010, 18:41   #28
BHPian

Hi people. here's more of my beat.

Just got my 1000 kms mandatory check done. The service people changed the Beat's rear shockup bushes when i told them about the excessive sound from rear on bumps. They had no idea about the GM circular about rear collar change or anything. Have they changed the correct thing? Coz i dont feel any difference in the sound. And when the car went, My sweet chevy teddy was sleeping on the parcel tray. When they've returned it,It's no longer there. Havent found the time to go back and ask them about its disappearing act. Will do so soon.

The car's running as smooth as ever. No rattles/squeeks yet.completed 1500 kms almost now. Gobbling so many eyeballs in nagpur. It's an amazing feeling.few guys on bikes have followed me and a couple even stopped on red lights and asked details. All youngsters
though. Oldies i guess prefer marutis.

My fuel efficiency is still hovering around the 13-14 mark with 60-70 % AC driving strictly in city. The Fuel gauge falls drastically faster after the halfway mark. just something i noted. Also, if i get a tank fill with the AC on, There is so much petrol smell
creeping in the cabin that i've had to open the windows each time. By the way, The air was in recirculation mode at all times. Is this unique to my car or common with all beats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post

I feel that the adaptors with pen drive will be projecting more outwards from the console. That is the reason I went for a MiniUSB->USB2.0 cable along with USB female->female adaptor. The entire thing can be hidden nicely in the cubby hole below. Check my thread for pics..
I got the Ebay ordered mini USB -USB converter, and what do i realise? The damn thing i already had. In fact 2 of them.My HTC pocket PC phone has exactly the same thing as USB cable and also my Maxtor 320 GB external hard drive. Wastage of hard earned 140 rs. But my problem is, With a USB female-USB female connecter, my pen drive is working fine. All albums/songs display eyc working fine. But my Sony 8GB walkman mp3 is not working. It starts getting charged, but no songs. Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th May 2010 at 18:55. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for moderator approval to edit the original post.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:26   #29
BHPian

Akshat, can you share the ebay link? I'd ordered some $1.29 cable from an international ebay.com link, but that never reached me

Reg. your MP3 player, make sure it's in MSC mode (i.e. shows up as a disk drive in your PC instead of a "Sony player" i.e. MTP mode).
Old 4th May 2010, 19:44   #30
BHPian

Hi Quadmaniac. I dont trust international ebay. Indian ebay is good enough. They have this amazing reassuring payment method called PAISAPAY. Check it out on their site and order only via paisapay. Here's the link for you
eBay India: USB Adapter Type A Male to Mini-USB 5-pin Male +Keyloop (item 120563864618 end time 07-May-2010 21:55:13 IST)

I didn't get the keyloop though in the package. Alsio ordered Jopasu gift pack.
eBay India: Jopasu Gift Pack (item 110523181333 end time 22-May-2010 16:20:13 IST)
Got both things within 4 days. Yet to try the jopasu stuff though.got to know about jopasu from tbhp forums only. Also read about Waxoyl treatment on tbhp forums. Any info on how good or bad waxoyl is?

And how do i convert walkman from MTP to MSC mode. You did guess right. It always comes up as MTP device on my PC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks