Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 21:41   #31
BHPian

I would advice you that it's better to go for a cable instead of an adapter (like the one i've ordered). Like Salbin said. that ways you can stash your pen drive or mp3 player in the cubbyhole, and it'll not be hanging like an eyesore.attaching pics to explain. In fact the best thing to do (and easiest) would be to go to a mobile phone shop and buy a USB cable for HTC phone. simple as that. Again attaching different pics of the adapter i got (along with usb female-female cable) and the HTC cable (long one).
Pics in next post
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00039.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00041.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00043.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00015.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00016.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th May 2010 at 22:02. Reason: Please go through Announcements section before proceeding further. There is file size issue and you can upload upto 30 pics per post. Thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 22:17   #32
BHPian

Thanks to Moderators. Your point about punctuation also noted. Continuing with my experience.

Read in other thread about Low ground clearance. Well, I searched on the net and its the same as i10. Both are equal as per a car site. Still, I HAVE had 2 episodes in which i scraped the bottom on stones i thought i'll easily glide over. The car had 4 ppl at both times though.

And have you guys ever experienced this. I have been driving in some of the worst traffic. In fact my wife closed her eyes a couple of times in the traffic thinking that the car's gonna get a scratch, but somehow i managed to get it away clean. Wife was surprised how i managed. And what happens? I scraped the bumper while parking in the safe confines of my home in the night after returning. What i am worried about though and brought this up was that the scrape should look more like a scratch. But in my car, there were flakes of paint coming off. I am worried if this flaking will extend. Posting the snaps of the scratch too, My beat's First scratch. The flakes have fallen off, but i hope u get my point. I could literally hold the flake and pull it to extend it if i wanted. Is there a difference between paint on bumpers and body? Experts? Moderators?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00011.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00012.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 22:23   #33
BHPian

Exactly Akshat. The ebay item you've given is not enough since the other end needs to be female type (the type a pen drive would go into), which is why you need that long cable.

The one I'd ordered internationally was just that - directly to female type.. but never arrived. Thanks a lot for the pics though!

Good suggestion on the HTC cable though- I'll visit my local cellphone shop!

Btw, I'm a regular ebay.in user - I've also ordered and received the Jopasu car duster :-) .. it just arrived and the packaging looks quite big!

I'm yet to try it out though.. eagerly waiting for my first service. Orange Auto is delaying the process here.

Regarding changing to MSC mode, there must be something in the player itself. For example on my Sansa clip, it's in my Settings menu. Check all the options in the settings menu of your player and you should find the same.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Exactly Akshat. The ebay item you've given is not enough since the other end needs to be female type (the type a pen drive would go into), which is why you need that long cable.

The one I'd ordered internationally was just that - directly to female type.. but never arrived. Thanks a lot for the pics though!

Good suggestion on the HTC cable though- I'll visit my local cellphone shop!

Btw, I'm a regular ebay.in user - I've also ordered and received the Jopasu car duster :-) .. it just arrived and the packaging looks quite big!

I'm yet to try it out though.. eagerly waiting for my first service. Orange Auto is delaying the process here.

Regarding changing to MSC mode, there must be something in the player itself. For example on my Sansa clip, it's in my Settings menu. Check all the options in the settings menu of your player and you should find the same.
The HTC cable also will require the USB female - female connector.But at least it's longer. The USB female cable is easily available. It's china made and you'll find it at local computer suppliers or electronics cable people. Pretty cheap. 30-40 rs only. Better than going through hassles of searching on international sites in my opinion.
Do tell me what they do about the rear collar in the first service. Nagpur guys didnt have a clue about the supposed circular about change of rear shocker collar.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:40   #35
BHPian

I have used one mobile/camera/mp3 player cable similar to the HTC stuff along with one USB female-female adaptor.
Similar to your arrangement except for the female-female adaptor
I think this is the best way to hide the pen drive.
Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-usb-female-female-adaptor.jpgChevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-usb-miniusb-cable.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-p1030359.jpg
So sad to hear about the scratch.
If the metal is exposed it is better to get it touched-up or full painting done before it gets rusted.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Only one thing I need to ask you guy's is, It will support 8 gb or more?
Old 11th May 2010, 22:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Only one thing I need to ask you guy's is, It will support 8 gb or more?
I am using 8GB pen drive as well as a microSD with a small card reader.
Both works fine.
Not yet tested anything above 8GB.
Old 18th May 2010, 01:19   #38

What about AAC files ... (.mp4) ... does the music system support these files ... 90% of my music is in this format ...
Old 18th May 2010, 09:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I am using 8GB pen drive as well as a microSD with a small card reader.
Both works fine.
Not yet tested anything above 8GB.
Thank you for your reply. I am also using 8 GB pen-drive with two converters.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:22   #40
BHPian

Sorry to know about the scratches, akshatverma1979.The silver lining is the fact that these scratches seem to be minor which can be worked upon.
Whats the status as of now? Did u get the touch up job done?
While on the topic, some BEAT owners haven't faced the GC issue , while some have.Sounds strange to me.Could we have more inputs on this issue from BEAT owners?
Old 18th May 2010, 12:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
What i am worried about though and brought this up was that the scrape should look more like a scratch. But in my car, there were flakes of paint coming off. I am worried if this flaking will extend. Posting the snaps of the scratch too, My beat's First scratch. The flakes have fallen off, but i hope u get my point. I could literally hold the flake and pull it to extend it if i wanted. Is there a difference between paint on bumpers and body? Experts? Moderators?
Sorry to hear about the damage. As far as the small scratches and lines are concerned, you can use a rubbing compound which will remove them to some extend. But for the flaking, I would suggest you to get a touch up job done asap before it increases.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:37   #42

Found mini USB connector for Beat

I recently located mini USB adapter for my Chevrolet Beat. Took me 6 months, finally an Ebay user has listed it. Please analyze Seller reputation before ordering.
I works fine with my 4 GB pen drive and doesn't have any cable dangling from it.

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th September 2010 at 13:42. Reason: Removed broken link. Thanks
Old 17th September 2010, 20:59   #43

Heres the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshar1510 View Post
I recently located mini USB adapter for my Chevrolet Beat. Took me 6 months, finally an Ebay user has listed it. Please analyze Seller reputation before ordering.
I works fine with my 4 GB pen drive and doesn't have any cable dangling from it.
Old 7th December 2010, 15:47   #44
BHPian

At 10500 kms now on the meter. Going to get 10k service done in a couple of days maybe. Planning to get ORVMs with LED indicators this time around. Also seeing this discussion on engine oil, i guess i'll get that done too. No problems with the car yet. Still running soooper smooth. Last 3 FE (tankfull to tankfull method) are 13.8 kmpl/14.6 kmpl and 14.98 kmpl respectively with 100% city driving and 20% AC usage. Will update with my service experience soon.
One query- I paid for the CPCOO when the offer came in july/aug maybe. Haven't yet got any documents related to that from chevrolet. Asked service centre wallahs, they said its delayed. But how much? what am i supposed to expect ? Get the stuff via courier ya fir have to collect it in person from the service centre?
Old 7th December 2010, 16:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

With reference to low ground clearance, it is more to do with the front bumper. It sits a little too low to the ground and if not careful, or if you go fast over speed breakers, pot holes, it can bottom out and leave scratches. Thats one of the concerns I have about the Beat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks