Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 20:45   #16
BHPian

@toxic-very sorry to hear mate what happened to your ride.Instead of a happy 2 months motoring review you had to post a writeup about your car stalling.Its surprising to see that after electrical problems Mercs have started having problems with their mechanicals also(although we cant say at this stage what caused failure of the injector).Please do ask the Merc technicians for a detailed explanation of the problem,if its a manufacturing defect or something else triggered this.
Did you rub the lip on the ramp as it looks in the second picture??Ouuchh..
One of my cousins was thinking about a 5 series or E class,I was pitching in for the E class but it looks like I will have to ask him to rethink the decision.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

More about the issues here:
Mercedes BlueEfficiency (OM651) - Injector Problems | Cars UK | UK Car News
Blue efficiency injector problems - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

MB are aware of problem i understand
Old 10th April 2010, 22:09   #18

@Mustang: yes, the lip got a lil bruised while going up the ramp. I still think that its a great car. The dealer here in hyderabad has been very efficient and courteous in handling the issue. Im only hoping that this problem doest reoccur.

Have already written a mail to mercedes and awaiting their reply.

What i fail to understand is how can MB sell faulty cars? Im sure that they are aware of this problem.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:17   #19
BHPian

Sorry to hear this happening to a merc. Anyways today's Mercs are not as they were.

This is a testament to the bullet proof nature of the W124 E250D diesels.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:12   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I was hoping that along with trying to go back to an old school design, the new E class would also have quality that was similar to the older generations like the W124 and before.
Hope Mercedes accepts their mistake and works on removing the bugs.
I read many reviews which said that the cars quality is as good as the old ones, and I hope that is true in the long run.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lets not rush to pin the blame on Mercedes, it can very well be a fuel quality that clogged the injectors.
Perhaps its best to change the bunk.

Its a 2 month old car and still on temp plates, what gives?
Old 11th April 2010, 12:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

I hope they are changing the fuel injectors under warranty. Ask from them a car for standby. Its just 2 months old car.

Sad to see that state of such a lovely vehicle.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:55   #23

Update: Got my car back from the workshop today. All four delphi injectors have been replaced with bosch injectors. The dealer has informed me that they are stocking up on these new injectors and replacing them free of cost on every 250 CDI mercs. Its like seems like mercedes is aware of this problem but are silent on this issue.

Also they have given me a free service coupon to be used with 2 years from today. The dealer was mentioned that they are calling in 250 CDI cars to replace them free of cost.
Old 12th April 2010, 07:18   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

@toxicexpulsion: Good to hear that. I really hope the new E Class is a true Mercedes.
Old 12th April 2010, 07:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

The car looks totally nice. I also had some problems with my E280 CDI when I bought it first.In the first week I had terrible electrical issue and the airbag fault sign wold constantly light up and the seat belts sign was on even if wear our seatbelts. But Benz sorted out the issue with a lot of grace and even offered us a standby vehicle , which we refused to take.
Old 12th April 2010, 07:59   #26
BHPian

@toxic,

Sorry about the car.... slightly OT Question.

Is it a fashion statement to drive around with "Temp" registerations in HYD / AP ...?, I ask this question as I see the highest number of Temp registeration vehicles on the road in HYD.!!

Some times I have also seen cars with scraped bumpers and side walls still running on Temp numbers.?. Always made me wonder.. your pictures triggered the quesiton.

Cheers!
Old 12th April 2010, 08:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Same injector problem with my uncle's car here in Sydney and MB people said they are going to recall all E 250 CDI's to fix this issue. Dunno if the recall is out yet though.

Last edited by spadival : 12th April 2010 at 08:18.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:48   #28

@shivshanker: Its really funny the way you put it! lol

How its works here in hyderabad is that you can wait for the number of your choice. As the current series in not what i am looking for, i choose to wait until the desired series is available.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicexpulsion View Post
@shivshanker: Its really funny the way you put it! lol

How its works here in hyderabad is that you can wait for the number of your choice. As the current series in not what i am looking for, i choose to wait until the desired series is available.
But aren't you supposed to get the registration done within 1 month of purchase of car? I agree that the tax gets paid at eseva right on the day you buy the car but what is the penalty if you overshoot the 1 month stipulation?
Old 15th October 2010, 00:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator: Closing the thread. @toxicexpulsion: Please report post if you want to update the thread. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks