Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 13:09   #31
BHPian

Congrats on your new car.

If it is true that all Joe's would own a Figo, then count me in. Soon I will be buying my first car and it will be a Figo because I'm Joe!
Old 13th April 2010, 13:23   #32
BHPian

Congrats joe. White Figo + Coral dash is a great combo.
It is the best handling diesel hatch. So have fun!
Old 16th April 2010, 01:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I have driven only those run on petrol so far and recently did some test drives of diesels.. For whatever reason, I am not able to feel comfortable with the diesels especially as I start moving the car. Normally, I upshift based on the engine grunt and the pull and downshift when I think there is not much response to the accelerator. Seems like there is something I am missing on how to drive the diesels. The one thing I realized was, coming from a petrol background, it is much easier to drive the figo 1.4 in the city than the punto 1.3. Do we need to keep an eye on the tacho always? Can someone help ? Sorry if this is off-topic
I was in similar fix when I started driving Magnum. As Lambhorgini mentioned above, see to it that you touch 2000 rpm before you upshift. I have got into the habit of looking more at the tacho than the speedo. Once the engine gets over the turbo lag thats when you can feel the real pull of the diesel cars and dont worry about the grunt at these rpm. You can happily push the engine till 2500 to get the best out of it.
Old 17th April 2010, 15:13   #34
joe
BHPian

@anekho, kiku007, xingamazon, //M, kailashnj, joe1980 and gaurav911 thanks for the wishes guys.

@RGK - thanks again yeah the floor tiles are of a similar colour

@sbkumar - well i think its easier to drive the figo on the highway than in the city as a lot of gear changes are required when driving in the city. Highway driving is easier in the figo as once you get the revs up the car pulls pretty easily.
I completely agree with Lamborghini and Sylvan its just a matter of changing gears at a higher speed compared to a petrol.

Added seat covers (rs 650) and floor mats (rs 850) to the car a few days back, its been a week since I got the car and we have done 400kms on it so far. Filled the fuel tank to the brim yesterday to get an idea of the mileage.
A couple of observations - engine vibrations can be felt through the clutch pedal, the car doors lock once it reaches 7kms/hr wish it would unlock once the speed comes down below 7kms/hr but it unlocks only after the engine is switched off, this causes problems when you arrive at a hotel or a shop and the security guard tries to open the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got my Ford Figo ZXI-seat-cover.jpg  

Finally got my Ford Figo ZXI-seat-cover1.jpg  

Finally got my Ford Figo ZXI-mat.jpg  

Finally got my Ford Figo ZXI-mat1.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 08:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oh! Those seat Covers!!! Are they really necessary??!!!!
Old 18th April 2010, 08:39   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Joe, take them off, They dont look good ... The OEM seats are really good and wont get dirty also so soon as they are blackish in color.
Old 18th April 2010, 09:49   #37
BHPian

Maybe he put them for the summer. Anyways they are inexpensive... let him enjoy the hot summer in the "cool" covers and then replace to something graceful for the Figo.. :-)
Old 18th April 2010, 12:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi Joe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
the car doors lock once it reaches 7kms/hr wish it would unlock once the speed comes down below 7kms/hr but it unlocks only after the engine is switched off, this causes problems when you arrive at a hotel or a shop and the security guard tries to open the door.
I do agree that it is a nuisance when you stop at a shop or hotel! Just develop the habit of unlocking it with the driver's side lever.

If indeed it unlocks at the same speed as it locks, just imagine the situation in a bumper to bumper traffic condition. Those motors would die soon with the locking / unlocking they do and it would definetely be a security hazard and a nuisnance.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

@joe,

Congratulations on your new ride.

How comfortable is the rear seat in terms of under thigh support. Please have the 'Mody' stickers removed from your car. I strongly believe that our rides are not advertising billboards for car dealers and never allow them to post any stickers during sale or even during the service etc.

Do stick some Tbhp ones though.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Just develop the habit of unlocking it with the driver's side lever.
@Joe

Buddy, this is just the way we do it in cars that do not have auto lock or unlock feature .
Old 19th April 2010, 17:04   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
@Joe

Buddy, this is just the way we do it in cars that do not have auto lock or unlock feature .
Figo has autolock/unlock feature, the doors do unlock once the key is taken out of the ignition.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:09   #42
BHPian

@ mustang
I think what Joe meant was that when you wan't to give the car for valet parking, at times you don't switch off the engine. In such a case, you will have manually open the door lock.
Old 19th April 2010, 19:44   #43
BANNED

^^ what is the difference in effort when one pushes a button(which is usually located on the middle of the armrest) or when one pulls a motorized lever(which is more conveniently located)?
Old 24th April 2010, 18:58   #44
joe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
well they are not a necessity the reason why we put them on is so that at the time of selling the car the original seat covers still look new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Joe, take them off, They dont look good ... The OEM seats are really good and wont get dirty also so soon as they are blackish in color.
yup thats true but dont want to take a chance and see the original covers spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
Maybe he put them for the summer. Anyways they are inexpensive... let him enjoy the hot summer in the "cool" covers and then replace to something graceful for the Figo.. :-)
yup it does keep the car cool in summer and in a Hyderabad summer anything that helps keep the car cool is must have.
Old 24th April 2010, 19:06   #45
joe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Joe,

I do agree that it is a nuisance when you stop at a shop or hotel! Just develop the habit of unlocking it with the driver's side lever.

If indeed it unlocks at the same speed as it locks, just imagine the situation in a bumper to bumper traffic condition. Those motors would die soon with the locking / unlocking they do and it would definetely be a security hazard and a nuisnance.
yup you are absolutely correct, its just a minor inconvenience nothing more. my dad has the biggest trouble opening the doors cause he looks around for the unlock lever forgetting that he just has to pull the door handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@joe,

Congratulations on your new ride.

How comfortable is the rear seat in terms of under thigh support. Please have the 'Mody' stickers removed from your car. I strongly believe that our rides are not advertising billboards for car dealers and never allow them to post any stickers during sale or even during the service etc.

Do stick some Tbhp ones though.
Thanks for the wishes and yes i have removed the dealer stickers and will be ordering Tbhp stickers soon.

Quote:
@Joe

Quote:
@ mustang
I think what Joe meant was that when you wan't to give the car for valet parking, at times you don't switch off the engine. In such a case, you will have manually open the door lock.
yeah i was thinking about the autocop system where the doors unlock once you have pulled the handbrake which is very convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
^^ what is the difference in effort when one pushes a button(which is usually located on the middle of the armrest) or when one pulls a motorized lever(which is more conveniently located)?
yeah once you get used to it it is very easy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks