Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 15:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Salbin, excellent report, excellent photos, good colour and a good choice.
Drive safe and enjoy her to the tilt.
Thanks bnzjon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Great Review. And some real good pics. I just loved that steering wheel and the seating position and cool dash. I too had booked this car and waited. But the wait got too long and i went and bought the Figo.
Congrats. Drive Safe.
Thanks Gemi.
Yes, I know that . I was keeping an eye on your thread. The waiting is really frustrating. For me, I sold my Santro and then only booked Beat. It was almost 2 months without a car. In fact at the end of March, I even thought of canceling the booking and go for a used sedan. But luckly I got the car in March itself.
Me too considered Figo. Both Beat and Figo are real VFM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
Congratulations on your purchase... the colour is outstanding! and sure will attract a lot of oogles!
How effective is the a/c in the city traffic? Does it drag too much when a/c is on?
Thanks karmania for your wishes.
Definitely it is an eye-grabber, especially with the alloys.
The ACC of Beat is the main feature which attracted me. It really chils. I could test it during my trip to kerala, because it was too hot there. I never felt any drag when AC is on. Till date I was driving with 100% AC only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Congrats!! fab pictures!! some creative angles! great choice of colours! wish you happy motoring!! I heard a lot of bad things about the stereo performance.. what is you take on it?
Thanks Mafia.
The stereo is okay for normal volumes. At higher volumes the sound quality goes down. Generally I dont use high volume. Did not check any CD, as I am using pen drives and memory cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Congratulation on the car. I loved the green one but I have booked Black for me. Expecting it to be delivered by this month end.
Thanks rjvora_2000.
Advance wishes for your new Beat.
The dealer offered me a black BeatLT in the 3rd week after booking. Since I had already made-up my mind for green, so opted to wait for green itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats on ur latest acquisition Salbin.
Waiting to see your ride with new set of footwear. Please post the pics asap.
Keep Rollin'
Thanks Vik0728.
I have few pics with this post. Will upload more pics later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
nice review, good pictures.
Quite dark tints you have there, but I guess its still allowed in Bangalore.
Actually I wanted to go for VLT30% only. But in the last moment decided for VLT20% after seeing that. The visibility is good. Only from certain angles it looks dark, not from all sides. Check the pic with front door open!
Again what I understood is that the visibility changes from make to make - ie. 20%VLT Llumar has got better visibility when compared to 20%VLT film from 3M. I found the colour shade also was better than 3M and Garware and also better matching for the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Salbin, a question regarding the alloys. What happens if later you plan a tyre upgrade? I understand people recommend wider tyres for the Beat. In that case, can you still use your alloys? Or would you have to trade them in for a new pair?
I can use this alloys with wider tyres also. We get maximum resale value for the tyres when it is new. The resale value reduces exponentially with kms driven. In my case, alloys were not in my plan at all. After seeing some of the similar alloys on cars, I decided for a trade-off with remote lock and seat covers which was planned earlier

Here comes some pics of my Beat with alloy wheels:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-34.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-30.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-32.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-36.jpg
More photos coming up...
Old 12th April 2010, 15:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

The car looks really nice in Green
And how much did you pay for the alloys

Cheers
Old 12th April 2010, 15:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The car looks really nice in Green
And how much did you pay for the alloys
Cheers
Thanks Schoudhury.
Check my previous post for details on alloys.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
T
The alloys are Plati model#764
14" x 5.5
This is the one - A Lenso Samurai look alike
Attachment 327053
I got set of 4 for Rs.12800
Since the resale value was too less, I decided to keep the OE rims with me.
Sorry my bad.
Not sure how i missed it .
Those alloy looks great. Im also planing for a good set of alloy for my Ritz so collecting some details .
Cheers
Old 12th April 2010, 17:58   #20
BHPian

Congrats salbin for the Beat. It certainly looks chic with a unique color and nice footwear. Happy motoring.
One query, why didn't they provide the USB slot in the music system. Couldn't understand the logic of this mini-USB thingy.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Im also planing for a good set of alloy for my Ritz so collecting some details .
Cheers
Great!
Any plan for up-size the tyres?
Actually I got inspired to go for alloys after seeing one Ritz with Lenso Samurai alloys. Ritz looks great with alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
One query, why didn't they provide the USB slot in the music system. Couldn't understand the logic of this mini-USB thingy.
The USB slot available on Beat is only mini-USB type. So for using this feature, we need a converter or a cable with the pen drive.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:23   #22
BHPian

1600km Update:

I have crossed 1600kms now.
Checked the FE yesterday.
Got 15.2kmpl.
This was for my regular travel between office and home with 3-4 persons (I do car pooling with my friends) and 100% AC usage.
This time there was lot of idle running of the engine. So I hope the FE to increase further
Till now there is no rattling.
The performance is even better at higher speeds.
The service guy called me 3 days back and informed about the circular from GM on the addition of a collar for the rear suspension shortly based on the availability.
I remember one of the TBHPian mentioning about this in March itself. So I had asked Kropex guys about this during 1st service and they told that they are not at all aware of this!
Since I had asked them earlier, they informed me when they got the official info regarding this.
But I was wondering when Sundaram Motors guys are having info about this a month back itself, why Kropex guys are un-aware about this and getting info only after a month?
Any way I am glad that they showed courtesy to keep me updated about this.
I also got 3-4 phone calls from Kropex asking for the feedback on the buying experience with the sales executive, performance of the vehicle and also the service feedback etc!
Old 17th April 2010, 12:16   #23
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. It looks awesome in green. The alloys give it a sporty look.
Old 21st April 2010, 11:02   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your ride. Wishing you millions of happy miles in it.
Old 22nd April 2010, 08:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congrats on your new car. It looks awesome in green. The alloys give it a sporty look.
Thanks Joe1980.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Congrats on your ride. Wishing you millions of happy miles in it.
Thanks alstonlobo for your wishes.
Old 22nd April 2010, 08:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Which film you have got it installed on the glasses of the car?

Can you please take some more photo's in the sun light and upload on this thread?
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Which film you have got it installed on the glasses of the car?

Can you please take some more photo's in the sun light and upload on this thread?
It is Llumar make.
Visible Light Transmission is 20%
I will try to post more photos by this week end.
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:58   #28
BHPian

While giving your baby for the first free checkup, do remember to instruct your dealer to install the collars for the rear suspensions. And its better if you call them up a week in advance to check if they have the parts in stock or all you will get from them is nothing but excuses.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:21   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Salbin on the great buy. The Beat looks drool-worthy in that gorgeous green. I'm glad companies like Chevy & Ford are providing slightly quirkier colors & not sticking to the plain-jane whites & silvers only.
1200kms in a week?! Awesome!

Quote:
Actually I got inspired to go for alloys after seeing one Ritz with Lenso Samurai alloys. Ritz looks great with alloys.
You're right the Ritz really does look transformed with a good set of alloys, seen a lot of white Ritzs with white alloys; look marvellous!
Your alloys really go well with the car & it looks like there's black accents on them too

Quote:
The USB slot available on Beat is only mini-USB type. So for using this feature, we need a converter or a cable with the pen drive.
Just plain stupid for the company to do this, it would've taken 4mm extra space to incorporate a regular 2.0 usb. Using an adapter no matter how small seems cumbersome

Do comment on rear bench comfort & whether you've found it claustrophobic due to lack of rear quarter glass.
Drive Safe
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Do comment on rear bench comfort & whether you've found it claustrophobic due to lack of rear quarter glass.
If I may comment, its nowhere near as claustrophobic it looks like / as its complained about. Just try sitting at the rear on a test drive. Yes, the plastic is there, but its situated 'behind' your head, and does not obstruct your left-right views.

But yes, it does affect the c pillar visibility to some extent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks