Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 14:47   #46
BHPian

Congrats man, I have too booked the same model .
Dont you just love the interiors in the night. blue dials, coooolllllll
Old 26th April 2010, 15:30   #47
BHPian

Hi
Congratulations. 1700km in just 7days is bit of a stretch. Yeah i agree that the green colour looks brilliant. The look of Beat is very bold. Its like somebody screaming "Look at me now". Hope you add many more miles to it.
Cheers
Old 26th April 2010, 16:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Quite stunning! Excellent pics!
Thanks quad..
Waiting for your detailed review of Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I like the Beat for the rear door handle camoflagued in the door.just like Alfa Romeo !!!and makes the car look like a 2-door
I have seen many people searching for the door handle while having a close look at my Beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Congrats man, I have too booked the same model .
Dont you just love the interiors in the night. blue dials, coooolllllll
Thanks dhall_gagan.
Advance wishes for your new Beat.
The blue illumination is excellent in night, even while looking from outside.
I think after seing Beat Hyundai has copied this blue illumination to the new i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Congratulations. 1700km in just 7days is bit of a stretch. Yeah i agree that the green colour looks brilliant. The look of Beat is very bold. Its like somebody screaming "Look at me now". Hope you add many more miles to it.
Cheers
Thanks drrajasaravanan.
Yes it is a bit of a stretch. Had a great time in my native with the new car
Will be giving some rest for my Beat from next month as I do car-pooling to my office along with my friends and April month was my turn.
Old 26th April 2010, 23:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous pics. Those side views show how front heavy a design it is. Would have loved it if it was a little more longer.
Old 26th April 2010, 23:14   #50
BHPian

Wow! She looks beautiful buddy! If you can, post a pic of the rear windshield from inside. I need to see if the C-pillar obstructs the view.

And they are super-duper-awesomely cool alloys. Can you please mention the profile of the tyres?
Old 27th April 2010, 09:00   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! She looks beautiful buddy! If you can, post a pic of the rear windshield from inside. I need to see if the C-pillar obstructs the view.

And they are super-duper-awesomely cool alloys. Can you please mention the profile of the tyres?

The visibility factor in the Beat takes a Beating. The A pillar and the C pillar obstruct the view. It is something you learn to live with. I am much more confident in driving thatn I used to be in the initial days of the Beat.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Fabulous pics. Those side views show how front heavy a design it is. Would have loved it if it was a little more longer.
One thing which attracted me is the "heavy head" front design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
The visibility factor in the Beat takes a Beating. The A pillar and the C pillar obstruct the view. It is something you learn to live with. I am much more confident in driving thatn I used to be in the initial days of the Beat.
@Cartman:
I will try to post pics of rear windshield.
Mafia has given the answer to your question on visibility.
Me too faced some difficulty in the 1st 2-3 days. But now I am comfortable with it. It is only a question of getting used to it.
I think even Ritz has similar rear view.
The tyres are the stock JKs. Profile is 155/70 R14.
I have seen some of the Beats with Apollo Aclere s. I asked the showroom guys about replacing mine with Apollos, but they said it is not possible. However I am okay with what I am having. As of now no plans to upgrade to wider profile.
Old 27th April 2010, 11:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the car salbin.

can you post some interior night shots?
Old 27th April 2010, 12:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations salbin for a great buy

Car really looks cool with Alloys. Green color is also looking good & sporty. IMO GM should come up with Bright Yellow color also, like we have in Nano, they call it sunshine yellow i guess. It will also look extremely sporty and s***

So do you feel any power lag in Ghat sections with 4 persons on board? Is it capable enough to pull it with AC on with ease?
Old 27th April 2010, 16:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Salbin you have really changed the IMAGE OF THE BEAT, well atleast in my eyes. Looks really cool now and boy do those alloys justify the 14" Fairytale for Beat.

I'm pretty sure you have this in the pipeline but fatter rubber would just soo complete the looks!! Something like 165/65 or 175/60 !!
Old 28th April 2010, 09:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
congrats on the car salbin.
can you post some interior night shots?
Thanks govigov.
Here is one interior night shot. It looks even beter in real than the photo.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-60.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Congratulations salbin for a great buy
Car really looks cool with Alloys. Green color is also looking good & sporty. IMO GM should come up with Bright Yellow color also, like we have in Nano, they call it sunshine yellow i guess. It will also look extremely sporty and s***
So do you feel any power lag in Ghat sections with 4 persons on board? Is it capable enough to pull it with AC on with ease?
Thanks aniketi.
I wish GM comes with yellow and dark red/maroon for the Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Salbin you have really changed the IMAGE OF THE BEAT, well atleast in my eyes. Looks really cool now and boy do those alloys justify the 14" Fairytale for Beat.
I'm pretty sure you have this in the pipeline but fatter rubber would just soo complete the looks!! Something like 165/65 or 175/60 !!
Yes..
About fat rubber - not now, will be considering it after some time.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I wish GM comes with yellow and dark red/maroon for the Beat
You spoke my mind , Salbin. The cool Beat would look hot in dark red / Wine red / maroon colour.
And as Aniketi has asked, did the car feel stressed on the ghat sections ?
Old 28th April 2010, 13:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
And as Aniketi has asked, did the car feel stressed on the ghat sections ?
While going, there was 4 persons on board and the roads were not so steep. But while returning, there was real steep climb. I was driving 100% with AC. There was only myself and my wife in the car while returning. I did not find any abnormal power drop with AC. In the steep gradients with hair pin bends we cannot expect the car to pull in 4th gear because we need to drive really slow. We need to select the appropriate gear taking into consideration the vehicle speed, engine RPM & the gradient etc. I dont think there is any issue if you know the torque vs rpm characteristics of the engine and select the appropriate gear to drive in steep gradients.
If any of you find any loss of power, I would recommend you visit the service station to have a cross check of all the ECU connectors / Sensor connectors to find out any loose connection is there or not. Then ask them to do a diagnostic check of the ECU to find out anything is abnormal with the ECU settings.
Old 29th April 2010, 16:38   #59
BHPian

For those who are having problem with the floor mats getting relocated, here is a simple solution:
Just get 3 to 4 mts of Velcro(male part/stiff side) and paste it under the mat using QuickFix or FeviBond adhesive. Velcro costs only Rs. 5/Mtr and the adhesive less than Rs. 20/-. I did it myself and found the mats does not move from its position!
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-56.jpg
Old 9th May 2010, 20:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
For those who are having problem with the floor mats getting relocated, here is a simple solution:
Just get 3 to 4 mts of Velcro(male part/stiff side) and paste it under the mat using QuickFix or FeviBond adhesive. Velcro costs only Rs. 5/Mtr and the adhesive less than Rs. 20/-. I did it myself and found the mats does not move from its position!
Attachment 340017
Hey Salbin,

Finally booked the Beat. ITs the 1.2 LS Moroccan Blue after much dilly dallying over the Green. Thanks for your advice mate.

Most Viewed