Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 01:09   #46

Sos

I don't know whether this is the proper place to post this. I also doubt if there are many people with Sierras around now. Don't we need a topic for the remaining ones to discuss spares, tips and tricks? If there is one such topic or thread, please guide me as I have not been able to find one on searching.

I was looking for Sierra's original meter console and this guy (Mr. Faiz) who claims to own a spare parts shop in Pune (Star Automobiles, Nana Peth, Pune) seems to be having a lot of them with him, that too new. Since I don't know anyone in Pune, my only option is to deposit the money in his account and trust that he will ship it. Even if he does, I have no idea if its the original Pricol and whether it will work. This is the image he had uploaded in olx:

My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-47188981_1_1000x700_tatasierratataestatesmetersbrandnewpune.jpg

Has anyone bought anything from this guy? He seems to be genuine, but it will be great if someone can endorse his claim.

Also, can anybody tell me where I can procure the following spares? (I don't mind travelling to Bangalore or Coimbatore if I can really get them there) I have no clue what their real names are and if will be a great help if someone can identify them from my description and tell me.

1. Fiber engine guard between driver side front Tyre and power steering box. (my mechanic probably fitted it loosely during a power steering overhaul and it seems to have fallen off after a particularly grueling trip to interior Wayanad) It is a flat piece of plastic screwed to prevent dirt and mud from the wheels hitting the engine.

2. Rear bumper corner pieces (fiber) - left and right

3. Rear bumper - lower piece. (a plastic thingy that begins from the bottom of the rear bumper which masks the petrol tank) Check out the image below.

My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-20150918_141401.jpg

4. Original spare wheel cover. This one: My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-tata_sierra_4.jpg

5. Idle adjustment knob and its cable.

6. Tata logo in the centre of the steering wheel. (lost it)

Most of my spare sources have dried out. They have all stopped stocking Sierra spares. And most of the people I know have sold their Sierras. Even the discussions inside teambhp on Sierra seem to have become silent after mid 2014. That is why this post. Could someone at least give a holler if he/she still drives around the Sierra?

Also does anyone have a soft copy of Sierra's complete spare parts manual? I managed to find an owners manual from Scribd.
Old 14th October 2015, 14:20   #47

Re: My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo

Just a quick update on the meter console order. This fellow Faiz shipped the meter in a plain cardboard box without protection and I received the console in a damaged condition. The least he could ave done is to mark it as fragile so that I could sue the courier company.
My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-20151014_134559.jpg
My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-img_20151008_111131.jpg
On calling him, he started shouting at me saying that I had only paid for normal courier, so he is not responsible for damages. Please be aware of this guy's deals. He advertises widely in OLX and Quikr. He calls himself FAIZ and claims to be from some Star Auto Parts in Pune. Here is the guy's business card which he sent to me before the purchase:
My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-img20150925wa0001.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo-20151014_134610.jpg  

Shreekz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 08:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new (pre-worshipped) Tata Sierra turbo

Very sad. Going by what you have said about FAIZ, it wouldn't be wrong to assume that he might have even put in a damaged console to send to you. When somebody does not have integrity, then nothing can be taken for granted

There are many 'meter shops' in Bangalore. They have refurbished meters for all vehicles, maybe you can take it to a similar shop and have this one fixed
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks