Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 17:09   #31
BHPian

^^ The Active variant of the Punto which is similarly priced as the Figo Titanium, has none of the features on offer, and the quality and finish of the plastics looked very tacky. The A.S.S support was sketchy, and even the sales pitch lacked soul - that's how I felt when I switched my purchase decision from the Punto to the Figo!
Old 6th May 2010, 18:00   #32
BHPian

congrats chaudrysan. It certainly is raining figos in team-bhp
Old 6th May 2010, 19:11   #33
BHPian

"A couple of times the car just seemed to miss a beat and then lurch forward with a "jhutka" when driving in the 1st gear. I don't know whether this is an issue with me, or the car."

My FIL recently got a figo, went for a ride around 200 km, couple of time's it did miss a beat. Can somebody highlight why this happens?
Old 9th May 2010, 13:12   #34
BHPian

Very nice and detailed review and a very good looking car
After the initial hype the issues in figo have croped up and the most important issue being the fuel economy being on a lesser side of such a wonderful engine.
Fuel economy can make a break a car in India (remember another good car the palio)
Drive safe, Enjoy the drive
Old 9th May 2010, 15:18   #35
BHPian

Great Choice in Figo.
I'm also a Ford fan and understand that you are bound to have a soft corner for Figo.
Enjoy your drives.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:26   #36
BHPian

@Smooth Drive - I have experienced it on my TDCi. I attribute it to improper clutch leaving while in higher RPM.

Also during idling at signal, if a/c is ON, these small jhatkas keep coming once in 45 seconds or so. We can feel it inside.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
"A couple of times the car just seemed to miss a beat and then lurch forward with a "jhutka" when driving in the 1st gear. I don't know whether this is an issue with me, or the car."

My FIL recently got a figo, went for a ride around 200 km, couple of time's it did miss a beat. Can somebody highlight why this happens?
I also had a couple of such jhutkas on my new Fiesta as well as sometimes when i drove somebody else's car. What i noticed is that this happens because we are used to clutch release and accelarator push as per our older cars we drive. However, with a new car, we are sub consciously more careful while we drive. Hence, sometimes we dont release the clutch in sync with the accelerator and car doesn't move initially and then we release the clutch in a non-linear fashion, it leads to a jhutka.
This is my theory and i have not felt any jhutkas after i have taken care to sync the clutch and accelerator.
So if after you have driven for some more time and got used to the car, and still feel this jhutkas, then there could be some other issue as well.
Till the time, enjoy your new passion!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks