Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manish - upload a few jazzy pics of your ride for us to admire. Drive safe!
Old 19th April 2010, 21:10   #17
BHPian

Abes, I agree with all the other members here, pls go for a new one, I picked up a used tire which is in fantastic condition, I was told the previous owner had an upgrade of tires and hence the good conditon of tires. The only reason I picked a second hand tire is because my car has done very low mileage and all the tires are in excellent shape. Hence now using the stepny as my front left tire and put the used tire as spare. Any ways I would need the stepny only on a puncture and the tire this tire would surely hold good till I fix the punture.

Recshenoy- The mileage said by your friend is right. In Chennai traffic conditions I get a mileage of about 12 KMPL and on highways above 16-17 KMPL.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your beast! The Pioneer HU looks great! But can you really watch movies while driving? Does it have a provision to output the video to a roof mounted LCD for the rear passengers?

I too am enjoying my Verna SX CRDi thoroughly and have clocked 6000 kms so far. The experience has been very satisfying for me. I am a little unsatisfied with the stock rear speakers, thought the front one are OK. Can you suggest a good rear speaker upgrade to go with the stock HU? My Verna is consistently returning 18 kmpl in the city with 100% AC on. On the highway I am getting a consistent 21 kmpl with 100% AC on.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:31   #19
BHPian

The problem, i felt was not with the speaker but the HU itself. I had at the beginning changed only the rear speakers and the Sound quality became worse as the HU was too underpowered for the speakers. It's only then that I went for the complete change. I think you either change the whole thing or leave it as it is. I am the only person who drives this car and I am not that generous to allow anybody watch a movie while I suffer the city traffic.
Amazing mileage man, are you sure??

Most Viewed