Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 17:53   #61
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My old post in the ford figo reivew:

In a slope, shift to 1st and leave it and start moving (it should and will move up with 4 pax. If the vehicle does not climb then the engine is absolutely useless, only to be thrown out) Even the old Matadors on Ambassdors have easily climbed all slopes

Modern engines are extremely capable of pulling over a slope with ease
Never do a half clutch business - will decrease the power of the engine and clutch plate life and also will not climb(so we rev up the engine which is also useless).
-By instinct we keep the left leg on the clutch and think to avoid jumping forward. No need, release the clutch slowly and easily it should move up in 1st with its full torque.
-Please do not try in 2nd gear.
-Even if there are vehicles at the front and back - need not rev up, should easily move up in 1st. If need to be stationed in a slope precise use of hand brake is best for a longer period and Half clutch can be used without rev up of the engine for a very shorter period of 1 to 2 min.

My apartment has a 45 degree slope for 2 metres and no problem with my figo, but need to test in a hill drive.
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:42   #62
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo TDCi 1050 kms completed

I live in Nagarbhavi Bangalore, Anybody who knows this area and chadralayout knows the steep slopes in and around this area, I have a Figo TDCI and am able to pull up all slopes (some up to 500 mts) without a problem, I shift to 2nd gear after gaining speed and figo still pulls up without a hassle. Yes figo doesnt pull even short slopes in 2nd gear in low speeds, but no problem in 1st gear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks