Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:16   #136
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Brix - how did you feel if you keep 41 at the rear. Is the ride smooth or bumpy as you had only 3 pax and kid

Yes deep blue - I feel Figo is a better highway car than expected by most of us and making us more to drive

Last edited by RGK : 23rd June 2010 at 08:17.
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:30   #137
BHPian

Hi friends
another figo added to team bhp. Got it on Monday after booking on Saturday with harpreet ford Gurgaon. Got essential kit as freebie. Superfast process and delivery. I have bought a squeeze 1.4 titanium with black dash. Thanks to all you guys I could zero in to figo after reading numerous threads on figo. The baleno stays with me for now. Didn't have the heart to sell it for peanuts.

Guys can you suggest the optimum tyre pressure. I normally drive alone but can't get into the hassle of inflating everytime the car is loaded. Can there not be a uniform optimum pressure

Last edited by shivmarwaha : 23rd June 2010 at 08:40.
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:30   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
One more ting - I noticed that the car is veering towards the left if I leave the steering alone. Noticed this only on the highway, not in the city. Dont know how to diagnose it.
My tires are MRF.

Strange, the TD FIGO and one of my friend's figo were pulling to the left (it had only run 2k Kms on it and the other is about 800Kms old) any other Figo owners noticing the same behavior?
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Hi friends
another figo added to team bhp. Got it on Monday after booking on Saturday with harpreet ford Gurgaon. Got essential kit as freebie. Superfast process and delivery. I have bought a squeeze 1.4 titanium with black dash. Thanks to all you guys I could zero in to figo after reading numerous threads on figo. The baleno stays with me for now. Didn't have the heart to sell it for peanuts.
Congrats shivmarwaha .

Open a new thread and post the pictures and your experience.

Enjoy many many miles on your Figo.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:19   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I hate to touch that temperature knob. Maybe I'll use that next time.
No harm. From the images posted here, very few people touch that knob which is stuck at the maximum always.

It helps a lot in controlling the temperature to bearable level.

Quote:
No - I think letting outside air come inside does perk up the driver substantially. Its a theory, but its all I've got.
Sorry about that comment. If it is comfortable for you, you can use the fresh air method. Fresh air cannot do harm, anyway!
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:56   #141
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
No harm. From the images posted here, very few people touch that knob which is stuck at the maximum always.

Sorry about that comment. If it is comfortable for you, you can use the fresh air method. Fresh air cannot do harm, anyway!
I kept in 9 o clock position and felt comfortable. I increase it if it is very hot.

About opening for fresh air, you should be driving in a good and less polluted road (if you find anyone), because since it intakes air from outside, the smokes caused by other vehicles may also come in.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:13   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Brix - how did you feel if you keep 41 at the rear. Is the ride smooth or bumpy as you had only 3 pax and kid

Yes deep blue - I feel Figo is a better highway car than expected by most of us and making us more to drive
My mother, wife & daughter slept very soundly at the back. No bumpy feeling at all. Very comfortable. And the ride was for 7 hours with 2 half hour breaks in between. It was that comfortable.

Quote:

Guys can you suggest the optimum tyre pressure. I normally drive alone but can't get into the hassle of inflating everytime the car is loaded. Can there not be a uniform optimum pressure
Congrats Shiv. Good choice. I think you should follow the recommended PSI given in the sticker on the passenger side door. If you feel it scrapes a lot, try adding 2-3 PSI more in the tires respectively. That seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Strange, the TD FIGO and one of my friend's figo were pulling to the left (it had only run 2k Kms on it and the other is about 800Kms old) any other Figo owners noticing the same behavior?
The service center swapped tires. I'm yet to feel that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Was just kidding about that theory trrk. I did try that knob last night - and felt that I was enjoying the nice warm air at the other end of the spectrum. I was using the heater in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
About opening for fresh air, you should be driving in a good and less polluted road (if you find anyone), because since it intakes air from outside, the smokes caused by other vehicles may also come in.
Yes - I switch off the AC if I see a vehicle emitting smoke in front. Been driving like that all the time.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:23   #143
BHPian

BTW - I did my first service today. Gave it at 10.15am and took it back at 1.15pm.

Gave it at Alwarpet - City Workshop.

Complained about the left pulling and as mentioned above he swapped the tires. I felt it was now veering towards the right - but I need to check it in long distance.

The vehicle seemed bit slower and the AC too seemed less cold, but could have been the afternoon heat. The waterwash was simply excellent. I wanted to ask if they do that separately for a small cost.

New Cost : 1230.

Here's the bill.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-firstservicefigobill.jpg  

Old 1st July 2010, 17:55   #144
BHPian

I filled Diesel today and got a DTE of 701. I had done half highway and half city. Gotta check the earlier ODO figure for mileage.
Old 1st July 2010, 21:02   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
I have heard that this was problem with the stock appollo tyres (not sure) and they have been discontinued??

I sure did hear about this problem elsewhere too. And in my PDI i noted that i am getting MRFs as stock, should I reject them or what?? help!
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:14   #146
BHPian

Quote:
I filled Diesel today and got a DTE of 701. I had done half highway and half city. Gotta check the earlier ODO figure for mileage.
This is an amazing figure. My 10 days old figo diesel returned an average of 13.5kmpl with ac 100% on in city. May be i should wait for couple of tankfullsfor the average to normalise. but 701 km on DTE is awesome.
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:13   #147
BHPian

Quote:
This is an amazing figure. My 10 days old figo diesel returned an average of 13.5kmpl with ac 100% on in city. May be i should wait for couple of tankfullsfor the average to normalise. but 701 km on DTE is awesome.
Oh yes - wait till you hit around 2500KM and complete the first service.

Go in a variety of speeds but keep them hovering around 100 and the rpm in 2000-2300 rpm. I did that for my diesel.
Also keep the tires properly inflated. Recommended pressure is mentioned in the passenger side sticker.
And before switching off the car wait 30 seconds for the turbo to subside.

I think this and proper sane driving will reward you in terms of mileage.
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is really good. You know what? Reading all these threads on Figo has put so much of pressure on FE on my mind. I am getting my car tomorrow and I am mentally preparing myself to not to bother about the FE and enjoy the car (this being my first car) let's if I can really do it. FE calculations are too tempting for you to ignore them!
Old 5th July 2010, 13:22   #149
BHPian

My relative drove down from Bangalore to Chennai in a Petrol Figo and he got 15kmpl. His vehicle is brand new and he was driving mostly in the 60-70 range as it was a long time since he drove a car.
Old 5th July 2010, 14:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW - I did my first service today. Gave it at 10.15am and took it back at 1.15pm.

Gave it at Alwarpet - City Workshop.

Complained about the left pulling and as mentioned above he swapped the tires. I felt it was now veering towards the right - but I need to check it in long distance.

The vehicle seemed bit slower and the AC too seemed less cold, but could have been the afternoon heat. The waterwash was simply excellent. I wanted to ask if they do that separately for a small cost.

New Cost : 1230.

Here's the bill.

The petrol figos oil filter was some Rs 110-/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks