Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 18:25   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The petrol figos oil filter was some Rs 110-/
So thats why its lesser. I overlooked that point.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:51   #152
BHPian

@Brix,
can you post pictures of your packy poda mat. I see you writing them in the other thread. And how much do they cost.
Also, while TD ing one of the vehicles (may not be figo, i forgot which one actually), I saw vinyl mats , transparent, but durable. WIth this you can use some good looking mat/cloth underside and it would look good..
Old 27th July 2010, 17:45   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
@Brix,
can you post pictures of your packy poda mat. I see you writing them in the other thread. And how much do they cost.
Also, while TD ing one of the vehicles (may not be figo, i forgot which one actually), I saw vinyl mats , transparent, but durable. WIth this you can use some good looking mat/cloth underside and it would look good..
Sure. Here it is. I got the picture from Google - but this the middle one is what I'm using. Its actually difficult to clean but catches all the sand and dirt in the small holes.

Cost me 1125. Very nice quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-images.jpg  

Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-packypodasetsab9.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 12:37   #154
BHPian

thanks for the pictures Brix. Now a novice question. Are the mats supposed to be made for a specific car ? or its like a general one that'll fit any car.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:03   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
thanks for the pictures Brix. Now a novice question. Are the mats supposed to be made for a specific car ? or its like a general one that'll fit any car.
Those are Universal mats. Can fit on most cars.

BTW - the middle one I have just saved me today. I had kept a bottle of spray fluid in the rear mat and somehow it leaked. All the small holes in the mat held most of the fluid in them. So only a bit of it spilled to the car floor mat.
Old 30th July 2010, 07:10   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Cost me 1125. Very nice quality.
1125 for Packy Poda mats. Sorry dude but you got taken for a ride. Packy Poda mats do not cost more than Rs.700-800max any colour. You get them everywhere.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:45   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
1125 for Packy Poda mats. Sorry dude but you got taken for a ride. Packy Poda mats do not cost more than Rs.700-800max any colour. You get them everywhere.
I got them at Spar in Mantri Mall. I know its more expensive in a mall, but I was happy to get it anyway. Ignorance at the moment. I'm wiser now though.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:56   #158
BHPian

Filled the tank again. With 100% City driving I got 14.878 kmpl. Its inching towards the 15kmpl figure. I'm happy.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:34   #159
BHPian

UPDATE:

Got the USB Aux Cable done at Chennai Ford today.

- Neat piece of equipment. I think this is an upgraded version as it came with a female USB port AS well as an iPod port too. Cool !!!! Correct me if I'm wrong- the older ones did not have the iPod port right?
- The guy used two 'U' shaped prongs to ease out the HU. And routed the wire through the glove box and into the cup holders. Didnt wait for a tip either.
- Chennai Ford really rocks, the guy was working at an incredible pace to complete my job ASAP. Compared to MPL - Chennai Ford is a rocket. And MPL never has stock of anything. Chennai Ford seems much better at everything.
- The cost of the cable is Rs.1152 inclusive of taxes.(I am recalling this from memory).
- Total time taken from entering the gate to exiting it is 40 min. Awesome.
- I find that the quality of the song is boosted while playing from the USB. Dont know for sure, but the folder name does not pop up when playing. Otherwise I'm happy.

All in all - I'm very happy to have got this cable. Been waiting a while to get my hands on it.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:10   #160
BHPian

Brix, now that you have got it, pls post a picture of the same. What is your opinion on the 1.1K price for the same? There was lot of heat generated earlier in the figo td thread regarding the overpricing compared to 50-100 bucks usb cables.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:36   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Brix, now that you have got it, pls post a picture of the same. What is your opinion on the 1.1K price for the same? There was lot of heat generated earlier in the figo td thread regarding the overpricing compared to 50-100 bucks usb cables.
I'd say its fine.

#1 - Its proprietary
#2 - It looked complicated enough to be worth atleast 400.
#3 - Most of the circuitry must be inside the HU, so this is a way to mop up costs from the cable.
#4 - Must be a high demand accessory, and the dealer may get a big cut out of it.

50-100 bucks is baloney. Even simple USB cables cost that much. A DVI cable costs 200.

This unit came from Mexico, I think. Had some spanish(I think) on the box.
But the good thing is, its cheaper from the 1400 quote I got earlier. No service charge for installation and it comes with the iPod port too. Win !

Picture - yes, I need to take a digicam to shoot it. Will try to do it today.

Last edited by Brix : 17th August 2010 at 18:38.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:11   #162
BHPian

I tried to take a pic - but most of the cable is hidden. Only visible part is two leads. One is a iPod port and the other is the USB female port. I'm too chicken to take apart the console - so no pics for now.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:34   #163
BHPian

Hey Brix,
Long time bro, so does chennai ford have it in stock? any idea about that.

The mats i have is the one on the far right, i picked it up for 600 bucks in GP road.

Good to know that your car is giving good mileage.
Old 19th August 2010, 15:53   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey Brix,
Long time bro, so does chennai ford have it in stock? any idea about that.

The mats i have is the one on the far right, i picked it up for 600 bucks in GP road.

Good to know that your car is giving good mileage.

Long time no see scorp. Been busy with your new job?

Sheesh - I always slap myself when I see the GP Road price. I'm kind of allergic to the traffic and lack of parking space there. Else I'd go there anyday.

Will PM you the number of the Chennai Ford accessories in-charge. He really took care of me.
Old 27th August 2010, 21:26   #165
BHPian

UPDATE on the USB Cable I got.

Looks like the iPod port is useless for this HU. I plugged in an iPod and it did not play. Looks like the HU has also got to be compatible. Mixed parts probably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks