Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 17:47   #181
BHPian

Re: Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.

Second Service

Service Workshop consideration

I initially booked a service at Chennai Ford Arumbakkam, but later reverted when I read the bad reviews.I also chose this over the Alwarpet SC because:
-Alwarpet SC is cramped and might not have more advanced equipment. -When I specifically requested Wheel Alignment there, he swapped the tires. And that did not work in my case.
-OMR SC is away from the city and hence more likely to be moderately crowded. Service might be better.
-Someone has posted that OMR SC took a great deal of care in attending to a particular problem.

I hence gave the Figo Diesel for second service at OMR MPL Ford Perungudi, Chennai.

On 19-APR-2011
Gave it yesterday(19-APR-2011) at 10.00am. Was expecting it the same day, but the SA later called and mentioned he needs more time. Happy that he told that early enough.

Gave for general service, along with the following points:
Low Engine Oil
Rear Shocks noise:Shocks make noise when passengers sit in the rear seats
Wheel Alignment:The car does not move in a straight line. Deviates to the left.
Braking noise:When the car is on full load, and brakes are applied at speeds less than 5KM, there is a sound while braking. Same sound happens when going down a steep slope and braking.

On 20-APR-2011
I called the SA today and he wasnt picking up the phone. So I called the Service Center and they finally asked me to come at 3.00 and pick it up. I landed there at 1.00 as I didnt have transportation. This was one point I was sore about.

After I landed there, the car was undergoing Wheel Alignment. I got a person to do a road test for me and he said there was a lot of cabin noise due to loose calipers in the roof. This was a very correct observation. And a guy was put on the job to correct this. He came with a rubber mallet and removed the rubber beading and was punching in the callipers correctly. +1 to MPL for this.

They again took a road test with a more senior person and then I guess all the work seemed completed. They got a boy to clean the car again as it was a very dusty area.

I tested the shocks for noise and it didnt seem to have any. The corresponding work done was removal and lubrication on the shocks.
The brakes seemed OK too. He mentioned that he had cleaned the brakes and removed brake dust.

Finally it was over and I paid the bill which came to Rs.1764. More reasonable than the bills I used to get from Maruti for my WagonR.

(Attached a copy for reference)

Post Delivery
I took the car back and while driving to my Office I noticed that it did not pull to the left as was the case earlier. However it did seem a bit more tight. Probably some nuts tightened.
Cabin noise was also reduced.
Did not notice any brake noise too.
Vehicle seemed more free and accelerated better.

Overall I'm quite happy with this Service Station.
Points where they could have improved:
-Shuttle service to atleast the main road.
-The SA had left his phone for charging. I mean, whats the point of writing the mobile# in the slip anyway.
-The reception had Zero idea about the status of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-figo_iiservice_bill.jpg  

Old 21st April 2011, 11:22   #182
Senior - BHPian

^^ Wheel alignment should not be charged for you in the second free service, so you should get the refund. I got my wheels balanced and aligned for nothing during the second service.

And why Low Engine oil? Is there a leak or the engine is drinking oil?
Old 21st April 2011, 15:40   #183
BHPian

I asked him if it was covered under warranty and he mentioned it did not. Probably I should ask the Customer Care.

I kind of felt it was low - but it seemed to be all right. Probably the filter was clogged. Only recently I learnt to see it properly using the dipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ Wheel alignment should not be charged for you in the second free service, so you should get the refund. I got my wheels balanced and aligned for nothing during the second service.

Old 21st April 2011, 15:55   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I asked him if it was covered under warranty and he mentioned it did not. Probably I should ask the Customer Care.

I kind of felt it was low - but it seemed to be all right. Probably the filter was clogged. Only recently I learnt to see it properly using the dipstick.
Warranty is different, as part of second free service wheel alignment and balancing should be done free of cost, it is mentioned in your hand book check it.

By the way, how is the mileage?
Old 21st April 2011, 15:56   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is normal first servivce engine oil replacement, is it not?

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st April 2011 at 15:59.
Old 21st April 2011, 16:54   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
It is normal first servivce engine oil replacement, is it not?
Brix clearly mentioned in blod that Low engine oil was a complaint during second free service. While replacing the oil is norm, low engine oil is not!
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:05   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty is different, as part of second free service wheel alignment and balancing should be done free of cost, it is mentioned in your hand book check it.

By the way, how is the mileage?
Will check the book! Thanks,

Mileage is constant. 15kmpl in the city with AC. Highways, did not check this time. Should definitely be 20+.
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:12   #188
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you crunching the miles happily. I am still having the brake noise. Many have got the pads replaced under warranty. But my A.S.S still refuses to help me with that.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:39   #189
BHPian

Yes Brix!

I can also confirm that Wheel alignment is free @ the second service. In fact as part of your second service all labour should be free. That's what the manual says.

Just got mine done. Although there was a bit of hue and cry raised by the Service Advisor about adding non-genuine alloys and wheels. (I have 195/55R15s )

BTW, when you mentioned 'shuttle service to main road'. Is the service centre so remotely located that you need it? Just wondering.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:46   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Good to see you crunching the miles happily. I am still having the brake noise. Many have got the pads replaced under warranty. But my A.S.S still refuses to help me with that.
Thats bad. Must be something big then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Yes Brix!

Wheel alignment is free @ the second service.

BTW, when you mentioned 'shuttle service to main road'. Is the service centre so remotely located that you need it? Just wondering.
I need to check the manual. Bit lazy.
Yes, the S.C is a bit far from the main road. They got some interior plot and takes some time to walk. And its real hot, so I wanted to be in pristine shape when going to Office.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:21   #191
BHPian

I got a tip for Figo users with USB.

I listen to Audio books. But sometimes it can be a pain when the stereo set plays the files in some order without regard to the human sorted filenaming system.

For ex - The player would read the files in this sequence : 01, 10, 02.

I found a solution for that. Apparently, the player reads the files off from the USB in some order it was written. That can be fixed using the software FAT Sorter.

More details are here:
Sort MP3 files on MP3 Player

I used this software and the files are played off exactly in the same order they were meant to be played.

Cheers !
Old 22nd March 2013, 18:05   #192
BHPian

I gave my vehicle for 3rd year service today. It has clocked around 22000 KM and had some noise in the front wheel. The supervisor had said that the noise was due to a caliper which would be replaced under warranty.

The final cost of the service is - Rs.4827. I guess this was quite reasonable.

Attached the bill below for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-figo3rdservice.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks