Old 20th April 2010, 19:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Congrats Brix! Drive safe & have fun!
Thanks Mustang! I will indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post

I think you too are going through the same learning curve as me ! I though there was a problem with remote opening of boot, until gemi gave me the tip of pressing 2 times in quick succession. Same observation as mine about the sun visor being very close to head. But then I reduced my seat position to lowest and it is ok now.

The spare key without remote - that's a big concern indeed. The original one can be lost or in few years time, become unusable..Then what we will do ??
Ah - seat height adjustment. I need to learn that also. Tried fiddling with the lever, but the seat did not budge.

Yeak. 3K for a duplicate key. <groan>

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congratulations Brix. Drive safe & have fun
Thanks @anachronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
If you are going to keep your car parked under the sun for long periods, getting a windscreen film might make sense too. I have Garware in mine (not on the windscreen) and it's the most VFM film out there. I got it done at MPL itself. I have a medium grey and the pic is there somewhere on TBHP if you want to see. Specs will be similar to 3M etc.

If you are keen on 3M, get it done at Balaji Car Care in Teynampet. They are 3M's official distributor in Chennai as well. I got my car's paint protection second service done there yesterday and they did a good job. In fact, even if you go through MPL, its the Balaji guys who will come there and do the work.
I'm skeptical about Garware, but its my prejudice. Yes I have seen that picture of your Aquarius Blue Fiesta.
I park in the shade mostly, but just need good protection anyway. Windshield not necessary though.

I'll try the Bajaji guy. Near my place.

Thanks for the super inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Balaji agencies gave me a quote of 4500 for RE35 windows and rear windscreen and 3500 for RE75 for front one, also there is CR70 for Front that is 6k for front alone.

For Lumar, there is an agency in Kasturi Ranga road, haven't checked it out yet?. It should be around 3500 for rest, will check it and let you know.
WoW, thanks. Thats helpful scorpio. But, guess you havent done the tinting yet?
Old 20th April 2010, 19:10   #32
BANNED

@Brix & other figo/ford owners : In case you are facing any issues or need help then you can PM me about it as following all the ownership threads is becoming quite difficult for me & excessive field work is not helping the cause.

If you do this then it will be easier for me to get your questions in a specific msg & hence it will be really easy for me to reply.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:43   #33
BHPian

Congrats Brix on the Squeeze. Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
The spare key without remote - that's a big concern indeed. The original one can be lost or in few years time, become unusable..Then what we will do ??
@Revy: Not to worry, the keys are quite sturdy and can take a lot of abuse in my opinion. It's the same as the one on Fusion and I have not yet changed the battery. The range is the same as it used to be 4.5 years back.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:13   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Ah - seat height adjustment. I need to learn that also. Tried fiddling with the lever, but the seat did not budge.
SHA is a joke, ignore it. It works like a see-saw.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:36   #35
BHPian

Seems like finally the gang has shifted base here!

Brix, finally you made it, Congrats. 22-Mar to 20-Apr does'nt seems to be a abnormally high waiting period for new launch. I am sure you would have forgotten all past issues dealing with the Sales guys as soon as got the
car!

Suggest you read the manual end-to-end if not already done so.

Does the Figo comes with variable speed adjustment for the wiper?

Regarding tints, you can select between 3M (Balaji) or Solarguard (Xenos). Huper-Optik is offered at Chennai-Ford by Opulent/Waxoyl guys and appx 1.5-2K costlier than 3M.

Is System-D additive mentioned in the Figo manual?

Did not see any mention of paint protection etc? Did you opt for it?

Before anything else, pickup some microfibre cloth & Jopasu duster to keep your ghost squeaky clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
SHA is a joke, ignore it. It works like a see-saw.
I had this opinion till I did a little experiment! On a red signal, I adjusted from low to high, keeping the top part of the bonnet as a marker relative to a fixed point to the vehicle in front. A visible difference was felt, however, for a 6.1" guy like me, it hardly made much of a difference. Does the Figo have steering tilt ajdustment? If not, the seat height adj will be useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@Brix & other figo/ford owners : In case you are facing any issues or need help then you can PM me about it as following all the ownership threads is becoming quite difficult for me & excessive field work is not helping the cause.

If you do this then it will be easier for me to get your questions in a specific msg & hence it will be really easy for me to reply.
That was a nice way of reminding us to bugger off Thanks for putting up with all c**p that came your way.
Old 20th April 2010, 22:28   #36
BHPian

yet to get it brix, planning to check out lumar before going for 3m
Old 21st April 2010, 13:03   #37
BHPian

@brix
Congratulations and wishing you many miles of happy Green Ghosting. I think yours is the first Sqeeze review on this forum.

@sanjayc
The SHA of Figo is not like a typical SHA as you would expect, i.e. the whole base platform does not rise or fall when you make the adjustment. Instead, it swiwels like a see-saw around a point. This results in a minor height adjustment since your back will go up or down, but the rake/angle of the base of the seat also changes with this.
Old 21st April 2010, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Yeah - it feels lively. Was quite dull in the other threads. The old "josh" is back.

The short time period was because of the incessant calls I made. Else it would have been 6 weeks. Yes, for the rest - all if forgotten and forgiven.

I have to open the Glove box and see whats inside. Lazy bum that I am.

Will check on the stuff you asked. Am afraid I might break something.

The guy at the dealer mentioned that Turbo Diesel is not recommended. Will check the Stsyem-G. Hearing it for the first time.

microfibre cloth & Jopasu duster - I should get this at any shop right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Seems like finally the gang has shifted base here!

Brix, finally you made it, Congrats. 22-Mar to 20-Apr does'nt seems to be a abnormally high waiting period for new launch. I am sure you would have forgotten all past issues dealing with the Sales guys as soon as got the
car!

Suggest you read the manual end-to-end if not already done so.

Does the Figo comes with variable speed adjustment for the wiper?

Regarding tints, you can select between 3M (Balaji) or Solarguard (Xenos). Huper-Optik is offered at Chennai-Ford by Opulent/Waxoyl guys and appx 1.5-2K costlier than 3M.

Is System-D additive mentioned in the Figo manual?

Did not see any mention of paint protection etc? Did you opt for it?

Before anything else, pickup some microfibre cloth & Jopasu duster to keep your ghost squeaky clean.

I had this opinion till I did a little experiment! On a red signal, I adjusted from low to high, keeping the top part of the bonnet as a marker relative to a fixed point to the vehicle in front. A visible difference was felt, however, for a 6.1" guy like me, it hardly made much of a difference. Does the Figo have steering tilt ajdustment? If not, the seat height adj will be useless.

That was a nice way of reminding us to bugger off Thanks for putting up with all c**p that came your way.
Old 21st April 2010, 15:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Microfibre cloth - Yes.

Jopasu duster - AFAIK none of shops here sells it and guys here have bought it from ebay.
Old 21st April 2010, 15:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Will check on the stuff you asked. Am afraid I might break something
Just check the wiper stalk at the right of the steering - does it have a circular ring with nos 1,2,3 etc..In Fiesta it has upto 6 I think..with this you can adjust at what speed the wiper blades operate.

Quote:
The guy at the dealer mentioned that Turbo Diesel is not recommended. Will check the Stsyem-G. Hearing it for the first time.
Your's is diesel engine, right! Don't even utter the word System-G..this is for petrol. System-D is for diesel. I am not talking about Turbo or premium diesel..System-D is a small 200ml bottle which you can get at the dealer itself...anyway for the time being you can forget about it.

Quote:
Jopasu duster can purchased from ebay. Check for more details here in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ni-review.html

In case you buy the gift pack, you will also get the microfibre cloth. Otherwise, you can get walk into Xenos @ Nandanam www.xenos.co.in
Old 21st April 2010, 16:19   #41
BHPian

Just saw it from eBay. But will check Xenos as some people mentioned that the handle was broken when it came from shipping.

Looks good. Thanks Sanjay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Jopasu duster can purchased from ebay. Check for more details here in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ni-review.html

In case you buy the gift pack, you will also get the microfibre cloth. Otherwise, you can get walk into Xenos @ Nandanam www.xenos.co.in
Old 21st April 2010, 16:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Just saw it from eBay. But will check Xenos as some people mentioned that the handle was broken when it came from shipping.

Looks good. Thanks Sanjay.
At Xenos you cannot get jopasu..You can get microfibre cloth though.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

congrats. its a brilliant car. Why the squeeze, I couldnt understand that bit!
Old 21st April 2010, 17:21   #44
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I think color is mostly personal choice. Chill, Moon dust silver, Grey are also nice but they did not look new at all. When all the colors are parked I found White, Black and red looked new followed by Squeeze.
Infact i started liking Coral IP. It does not look bad.
As per Gemi's feedback about black dash getting too much hot I think Zxi & Titanium buyers can go for Coral dash
Old 21st April 2010, 18:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Good question. There are a lot of ladies in my house and they ALL chose that color. I'm personally color indifferent. So I just went ahead with this.

I did however see the new gen Fiesta in this color and loved it. Reinforced my decision. Every time I see my car, I imagine it with those lines.

One risk - this color really stands out. And my relatives will know it if they see it. Silver, Chill and other common colors are as good as invisible.
Good for secret agents.

Attached sample pictures.( I hope the color shown below IS Squeeze green)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think color is mostly personal choice.
As per Gemi's feedback about black dash getting too much hot I think Zxi & Titanium buyers can go for Coral dash
Not personal for me. It was a public choice. But I still dont like the Coral dash. Probably if I spent 2 weeks with it, I might get used to it.

Dash color is more important to me than outer color.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-fiesta.jpg  

Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-2011_fiesta_08_lr.jpg  

Last edited by Brix : 21st April 2010 at 18:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks