Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 17:26   #121
BHPian

guys, i have a diesel figo, and my drive is predominantly in city, from royapettah via anna sali to guindy and back. other travel will involve in congested areas around vadapalani and couple of trips in OMR, ECR and Velachery. Earlier 2 tank fills gave me 12 kmpl and the recent one gave me 13.7 kmpl with 20% highway driving. Seems like its improving, claimed figure for Figo diesel is 15-16 and if i hit 14 plus would be good mileage.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:13   #122
BHPian

My daily run is 10+10. So I will only get this mileage. And its through Kotturpuram->Madhya Kailash->Perungudi.

So I can congratulate myself on the short commute, but I got to give up on the mileage.

I'm not sad. I'm not happy either.

I did get my warning about getting a diesel benefits only if I drove long distances. But I failed to include the parameter of F.E.

I'm sure it should get better after the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
@brix since you are in chennai.
My daily run is from camp road to mcity at around 9 AM in the morning and back at around 6.30-7 in the evening. I also occasionally drive to shollignallur on some days. I have been consistently getting 16 and I am quoting 16(actually seem to be getting more than that) to put a margin of error just in case i am doing something wrong in calculating the mileage. I have not yet had the first service done. done around 2300 k.

I saw that you seem to be getting 12 which in my opinion is very less. You should get it checked.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:45   #123
BHPian

Did a run from Chennai-Pondicherry. I had already run some 200KM in the city. And then the trip to Pondicherry. So if I assume that the City drive gave me around 13kmpl, then my trip to Pondicherry has given me a mileage of 19+kmpl.

I mostly drove at 80km/h, and A/C was full on.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:26   #124
BHPian

The FE figures during city commutes do sound really depressing.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:59   #125

Had taken my Figo (1.4 Exi ) on a drive to Goa. Tire pressure was 32 psi for the front and 30 for the rear. Measured the FE using tankful to tankful method as suggested.
Did a full tank on the Mumbai Pune Expressway, ODO at 2149. Filled up again in Goa at ODO 2743. Filled in 31.9 litres, giving a FE of 18.62. Did a full tank again while returning at Pune, ODO at 3375. Took in 33.7 litres, giving a FE of 18.75

The above numbers are with A/C 100 % on, 2 passengers, Avg Speed 100-110 kmph on NH4 till Kolhapur and 60-70 on the Sankleshwar -Sawantwadi-Goa leg.

To be honest, I am surprised at these numbers. All along so far, during my frequent Mumbai Pune commute, I've been averaging 14-15 kmpl.
Too add to my suprise , the DTE flashed 810 on the last full tank !!! It's been showing around 610-650 for the past fill ups.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:56   #126
BHPian

One more ting - I noticed that the car is veering towards the left if I leave the steering alone. Noticed this only on the highway, not in the city. Dont know how to diagnose it.
My tires are MRF.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:57   #127
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I doubt tires are not the culprits for veering towards the left or right. If need to check then need to replace with other brand in the front. My car has come with Goodyear.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:04   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Did a run from Chennai-Pondicherry. I had already run some 200KM in the city. And then the trip to Pondicherry. So if I assume that the City drive gave me around 13kmpl, then my trip to Pondicherry has given me a mileage of 19+kmpl.

I mostly drove at 80km/h, and A/C was full on.
did you check with the dealer on why the FE is low in cities ? When I went for TD they were claiming 16kmpl surely in city I thought it would give 14-15 as Fiesta gives that much
Old 8th June 2010, 17:21   #129
BHPian

It seems to be a common phenomenon and its not a guarantee.

I have a bad habit of living with the current state of affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
did you check with the dealer on why the FE is low in cities ? When I went for TD they were claiming 16kmpl surely in city I thought it would give 14-15 as Fiesta gives that much
Old 21st June 2010, 19:38   #130
BHPian

Did a trip to Bangalore. Following are the notes:
- Mileage achieved on the Chennai-Bangalore leg is 19.26. Out of which 30KM was city. And the rest highway. Average speed: 90km.
- Once the optimum temperatue is reached, it rides like a Petrol. Or more like a tiger.
- A/C is beyond all expectations. Simply chilling. Rear passengers too feel the chill.
- If you feel its too cold, press the button to open the external vents. They kind of keep the temperature very optimum.
- If the button is ON for internal circulation of air, then I tend to feel sleepy. Probably too much CO2 or my imagination.
- I filled 36 PSI in front and 41 PSI in rear as I was carrying 3 people with luggage. Never encountered a scraping(except one at Poonamalee)
- The fuel lid spiral wire always comes in the way of closing the lid.
- I had my first puncture in Bangalore. A nail did it, and I got it patched for 120 bucks at a local tire shop in Malleshwaram.
- The Boot is gigarnomous.I fitted so much stuff and more of them. Used the front passenger seat too for stuff. Not a whimper of protest.
- I put Formula 1 dash polish on my dashboard and it really shines. Sometimes I can see the silver indents reflect on the windscreen. That is a downer.
- My steering keeps going towards the left, no idea why - but I will get that fixed during service.
- The rear glass could have been bigger. Its just enough.
- I repeat, the windshield really gets dirty. Probably the angle makes it attract dust and grime. Insect splats are quite spectacular.
- Highway hangover is pronounced in this car(the tendancy to drive fast even after reaching the city).
- The engine is really a piece of work after 2000 KM. Wait for it to set. After service, it should probably be better.
- I put in this brand of Floor Mats called Packy Poda and they are really nice. No smell and they cover that small steering wheel groove that I tend to keep my foot on.
- I drove for 7 hours and didnt feel the strain at all. Especially the riding posture and ergonomics. Neither did my 1 year old baby girl. Or my Mom and wife. My Mom felt it was way more comfortable than an Innova.
- The radio seemed scratchy most of the times. No idea if its a firmware problem. Otherwise, for the rest of the sources, its pretty awesome.

So my take - awesome vehicle to own. I dont have qualms on recommending it.

Most of the complaints of the Figo will be from the fresh owners. As it progresses they will form a camaraderie with the car.

Cheers !
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:22   #131
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
- Mileage achieved on the Chennai-Bangalore leg is 19.26. - -
Congratulations, that is a good mileage.

Quote:
If you feel its too cold, press the button to open the external vents. They kind of keep the temperature very optimum.
How do you keep your temperature knob? At 9 0' clock position itself it should keep even rear seat passengers happy with fan at the most in position 3. With only front passengers even that would be too much.

Quote:
- If the button is ON for internal circulation of air, then I tend to feel sleepy. Probably too much CO2 or my imagination.
Imagination!
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:58   #132
BHPian

Brix, so you enjoyed your first long trip ! Yes, it is very good and comfortable for long journeys. I am eagerly waiting for my next trip.

To all those who feel a bit disappointed on city mileage of TDCi - please be a little patient ! I too was getting about 14 initially and after 1st service, I see a marked improvement. Now I am consistently getting 16 KMPL which is very good for Bangalore traffic situation.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:29   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Congratulations, that is a good mileage.

How do you keep your temperature knob? At 9 0' clock position itself it should keep even rear seat passengers happy with fan at the most in position 3. With only front passengers even that would be too much.

Imagination!
Thanks trrk !

I hate to touch that temperature knob. Maybe I'll use that next time.

No - I think letting outside air come inside does perk up the driver substantially. Its a theory, but its all I've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Now I am consistently getting 16 KMPL which is very good for Bangalore traffic situation.
Thanks Revy - You just reminded me. I filled my tank at Reliance. That could also be a factor as to your excellent mileage. Where do you top your tank?

I've enjoyed the drive so much that I'm going to try out new places. I've actually never done much long distance driving before. The travel bug just bit me. And I'm using the diesel ointment as a medicine.
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:03   #134
BHPian

It is such a pleasure to drive her on the highways that I fear, the money saved on diesel will be squandered on more running.

With the monsoon onset, temperatures have dropped. With AC off, she is just too sweet.
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:20   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks trrk !
I've enjoyed the drive so much that I'm going to try out new places. I've actually never done much long distance driving before. The travel bug just bit me. And I'm using the diesel ointment as a medicine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
It is such a pleasure to drive her on the highways that I fear, the money saved on diesel will be squandered on more running.
With the monsoon onset, temperatures have dropped. With AC off, she is just too sweet.
Speaks volumes about a car. The Figo is a fantastic car, it really is a joy to drive. You folks chose well.

Thanks for sharing the ownership experience as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks