Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 18:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Monster is coming : Audi A4 3.0 TDI Special Edition !!!

Am in quite a hurry here as am still at work. Couldn't wait to share the great news with you guys so just a quick post. As a result of certain sequential events and a phone call yesterday ( all of which i will share later in complete elaboration ) we decided to take a quick round to the Audi West , workshop at Kalina , Mumbai around 5 hours ago. The Audi West showroom is due to open on the New Link Road, Lokhandwala in May-June this year but as of now they are operating from the Audi West service centre itself which is in Kalina. Lots of discussions and detailed thoughts later, we reached upon a conclusion and decided to go book the Special Edition Audi A4 3.0 tdi. For those who might not be aware, the A4 3.0 tdi is not due to go on sale before august 2010. ( that is what the audi guys told us) . Call me very lucky, the 1 that we have gone for is the same a4 that was on display at the auto expo in Delhi earlier this year. It has the Audi Exclusive packaging that is available on NO OTHER A4 in the entire nation. Its a CBU. Fully loaded to the brim. No possible feature that is left out. The colour is NOT the usual IBIS (correct me if im wrong) white that is seen on Audis that we see on the road but an entirely different white alltogether and the glow and luster is unfathomable. She was surrounded by many A4s but her shine was something completely different. I apologize in advance if this so called PREview is NON sequential and haphazard but i am in quite a hurry yet just HAD to forward the news to all of you. Have just a teaser for now...more pics a few days later. Oh & yes...cannot disclose the price and other details here but all i would say is , we bargained and managed to bag a Rs.6.5 lakh off on the price they were originally asking for & yes did a thorough check up of the car...absolutely flawless , no issues atall. Audi had bought down 3 cars from Ingolstadt for the expo in January, an r8 , an a6 and an a4. The r8 has been bought by the current owner of Audi west, the special edition a6 got sold last week and the a4,...well...we were the lucky ones. Registration and other formalities would begin tomorrow. Delivery date - 30th April. More pics later , as of now ,just a teaser
Attached Thumbnails
The Monster is coming : Audi A4 3.0 TDI  Special Edition !!!-img00212201004201410.jpg  

Old 20th April 2010, 18:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Beautiful car this is. And it is a torque monster! Do upload pics soon.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congrats! Beautiful car this is. And it is a torque monster! Do upload pics soon.

thanks man & i wont be seeing the car for the next 7 days ATLEAST so pics would have to wait. Trust me im the most impatient . Nonetheless would put them up ASAP
Old 20th April 2010, 23:01   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! A4 is an absolutely fantastic car! I once owned an A4 (in the US) and just loved it. By the way please pardon my ignorance, but is this (the special edition) Quattro? I belive the non-Quattro Audis are not in the same league as the Quattro Audis. At least a few years back, they used to have Quattro as an option and also sell "ordinary" FWD cars to those who do not opt for Quattro. I don't know if that is still true now or is Quattro there now on every Audi by default (which I strongly feel should be the case).

Once again, congratulations on the fantastic car!

Regards,
-AD
Old 21st April 2010, 09:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Congratulations! A4 is an absolutely fantastic car! I once owned an A4 (in the US) and just loved it. By the way please pardon my ignorance, but is this (the special edition) Quattro? I belive the non-Quattro Audis are not in the same league as the Quattro Audis. At least a few years back, they used to have Quattro as an option and also sell "ordinary" FWD cars to those who do not opt for Quattro. I don't know if that is still true now or is Quattro there now on every Audi by default (which I strongly feel should be the case).

Once again, congratulations on the fantastic car!

Regards,
-AD

yup it is very much a quattro & loaded to the brim with every possible feature 1 could ask for
Old 21st April 2010, 10:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats ! A great car, for a great price(I suppose)
I hope you still will be the first owner on paper ? How much has the car been driven ?
Awaiting more pics and report...Enjoy !!
Old 21st April 2010, 10:42   #7
Team-BHP Support

Heres one of many pics i took at the auto expo :

People really seemed to love the alloys!

More pics : link
Old 21st April 2010, 10:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow the alloys are a complete drool maal. The car is looking smoking hot !!
Old 21st April 2010, 12:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats ! A great car, for a great price(I suppose)
I hope you still will be the first owner on paper ? How much has the car been driven ?
Awaiting more pics and report...Enjoy !!

Yup trust me the price is great, couldnt have gotten any better. Just waiting for the formalities to go through. The car has HARDLY been driven atall. It was transported from Delhi through trolley after the auto expo and since it has no registration it hasnt even been out on test drives & yes i would be the first owner on paper.

Audi West had kept these 3 - "the exhibition CBUs - R8 , A6 & A4 special editions" in a compound Behind their service premises. Reason being , the R8 is already owned by the owner of Audi West and they wanted some true car lovers & who are passionate about their cars to buy the A6 and A4. When we reached there, the A4 was kept under curtains. Must say , was completely dazzled when i saw it, especially because of the glossy white colour.

We were initially to wait for the launch of the new 5 series at the Grand Hyatt on 2nd of May ( had the invitation for its launch) and then research a bit before landing upon the final decision. But this A4 was so dam attractive and alluring, dad told them, give me a good price now and 'l seal the deal. Issue closed, rest is history. 6.5 lakhs out of the original quote and she is ours !

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 21st April 2010 at 12:32.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Heres one of many pics i took at the auto expo :

People really seemed to love the alloys!

More pics : link

This IS THE EXACT CAR WE BOOKED ...yes the alloys have been replaced though. Wouldnt have minded these but my dad would be driving it more than me and he has no intentions of breaking his back ! lol.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:13   #11
Team-BHP Support

Congratz and the car looks yummy, i rate them one of the best wrt road presence. Do keep updating the ownership experience also.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz and the car looks yummy, i rate them one of the best wrt road presence. Do keep updating the ownership experience also.

Thanks & yes will keep updating regularly
Old 21st April 2010, 17:56   #13
BHPian

Congrats and the car looks great! Do post some pictures, especially interiors when you get time
Old 21st April 2010, 21:00   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
This IS THE EXACT CAR WE BOOKED ...yes the alloys have been replaced though. Wouldnt have minded these but my dad would be driving it more than me and he has no intentions of breaking his back ! lol.
I'm actually glad you switched the alloys. These are "Different" but not my taste.
Which ones did you get now? hope they aren't the regular dual spoke plain jane 17inchers.
You'd need atleast 245 rubber to keep this beast glued to the tarmac so make sure they don't skim you down on that.
Also, is this car lowered? It looks so from the pic at the expo, I'd have it raised to the levels of the CKD models if I were you.
Old 22nd April 2010, 09:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

That thing is a beauty !

You certainly are a lucky chap

Will look forward to more photos.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks