Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 18:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Read this post of GTO. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1755116 Petrol model also comes with insulation.
That is incorrect. I confirmed from VW dealer and also from owners.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:10   #62
BHPian

Congrats buddy. Red polo is a true beauty.
Old 28th April 2010, 23:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That is incorrect. I confirmed from VW dealer and also from owners.
If VW does not give this in any of the Petrol cars, then I am sure that this will be available as an after market fitment, after some time. There is hardly any rocket science required to manufacture it.
Old 29th April 2010, 02:24   #64
BHPian

Nice review there, Gaurav. Polo is surely one of the best hatches in the market, hope that it doesn't have any problems that other VW's typically give.

P.S : Your signature is really hilarious
Old 29th April 2010, 14:51   #65
BHPian

Hii..Gaurav..Congratulations on your Red Hot Number!! Really appreciate your Extensive review !!
Booked a Diesel one a few weeks back too.
Just got curious about the WARRANTY Part of your review,does it get VOID if one gets the Music system from the Market?(I believe must be something to do with the wiring being cut)
If so,Is it easy to have a Music system bought outside connected well with a one piece wiring,keeping the warranty intact?
Old 29th April 2010, 17:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinsumant View Post
Hii..Gaurav..Congratulations on your Red Hot Number!! Really appreciate your Extensive review !!
Just got curious about the WARRANTY Part of your review,does it get VOID if one gets the Music system from the Market?(I believe must be something to do with the wiring being cut)
If so,Is it easy to have a Music system bought outside connected well with a one piece wiring,keeping the warranty intact?
To add to this question:

Do you have wiring diagram in user manual? If so, we will know the details of the connector that is provided to connect the music system. Further, we can modify the wiring on the music system's side of the connector.

Since you have got the system installed on your Polo, Can you share the details?
Old 29th April 2010, 20:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2010 at 18:15.
Chethan B G is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th April 2010, 20:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congratulations for the SX4, a real VFM sedan. Do let us know your experience with the Polo.
Thanks buddy.
Had a small look at Polo today and even though I was not offered a testdrive as I was a little late , I must say that I am very impressed by the cars build quality. The doors opened like nothing ive opened before. much more heavier(and probably sturdier) than my SX4. say goodbye to rattles. the plastic quality is great as well. I think that the Trendline version is priced really well. I asked him about the service costs and spare part prices and he clearly declined that he was not at the authority to give a quote for anything or even provide me a soft copy. he told me that i can get the neccessary details from the workshop, but at the same time assured me that the prices are very reasonable and even the long term spares are not gonna be a pain. I told him about the horable spare part pricing of Fabia and he told me that Fabia and Polo are 2 different cars and that service costs of Polo are more in line with that of it direct compition like punto and i20. The booking period he told me was ranging from 3 to 4 months.

Quote:
Yup thats what the sales person told me. You change the music system or procure any other part of the car from the market other than them (like horn or central locking), your cars warranty is BOOOM!!!(gone,duh). The dude seemed really serious about all the non aftermarket policy of VW. he also told me that the OE music system and speakers are from Kenwood and we cant have em, and even if we do go for a aftermarket kenwood music system we will not be able to connect with the cars radio antennae as wiring is allready predone. hence we gotta stick with the overpriced lame looking music system from them. Obviously Gaurav has allready showed him whose their daddy but still the warranty part scares me. Though luckily the salesperson told me (unlike what i had read somewhere in Teambhp) that the standard alloys of the car can be fitted on the trendline version, though at 70K+(for a set of 4) i dont think anybody wanna do that.

Now this whole non aftermarket policy is a new thing to me. I understand that shoddy wiring from outside can be really hazardous. IIRC a couple of years ago a honda city zx caught fire and was burnt to dust just because of a short circuit in its aftermarket central locking system. Luckily unlike most of you guys i dont "pimp" my car up with shiny alloys and fancy music systems. OK now heres a joke, how much the sports kit of the polo costs.........Rs.1.6 lacs!!!! though it does have some really fancy alloys but still???

anyways ill be going for the testdrive tomorrow and update.

Jai Hind.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

@gupta_chd and prateekm - Thanks Guys. Red certainly looks great and I hope it will serve us well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Your signature is really hilarious
Thanks, since it was only the first quote which was my signature till I bought the VW, I was finding it hard to change the signature to something relevent to VW. At the same time, getting rid of Mitsubishi Quote was a big NO NO. So, this is what I ended up updating my signatures to .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
To add to this question:

Do you have wiring diagram in user manual? If so, we will know the details of the connector that is provided to connect the music system. Further, we can modify the wiring on the music system's side of the connector.

Since you have got the system installed on your Polo, Can you share the details?
Thanks Sachin. Congrts for the booking. Hope you get your car soon.
@ Sachin, Chetan and Zero cool, the warranty will only be void if you cut the car's original wiring. And yes, Chetan you are absolutely right, the car's orignal wiring has couplers at the end. These are fitted with the connectors and wiring is modified on the music system's side. Thats exactly what my installer has done in my Polo and thats exactly what he did in my cedia. However, the radio antenna wire as zero cool said has an absolutely new coupler at the end and its connector will only be available from kenwood. My installer has placed order for the same and expected it sometime this week. I will confirm with him tomorrow. For the time being I am only listening to the songs in USB. Although there is no connection between the car's wiring and the antenna cable, but VW being still new to market and warranty part still unknown, my installer thought its not worth cutting even the antenna wire. Otherwise, there is no problem cutting the antenna wire and pluggin it directly into the music system. My installer regularly works on cars including porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc. he said that all these cars come with couplers. The warranty only goes void if the cars original wiring is cut.

If VW would have been so firm on the warranty part, they would have given the car with basic necessities including a music system. Its the dealers trying to mint money of customers. Why is the essential package an addition to the cost. They could have easily increased the overall price which would have included a music system. VW very well knows how to compete with the likes of Suzuki and Hyundai. Its the dealers who are finding this hard to digest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Thanks buddy.
Had a small look at Polo today and even though I was not offered a testdrive as I was a little late , I must say that I am very impressed by the cars build quality. The doors opened like nothing ive opened before. much more heavier(and probably sturdier) than my SX4. say goodbye to rattles. the plastic quality is great as well. I think that the Trendline version is priced really well. I asked him about the service costs and spare part prices and he clearly declined that he was not at the authority to give a quote for anything or even provide me a soft copy. he told me that i can get the neccessary details from the workshop, but at the same time assured me that the prices are very reasonable and even the long term spares are not gonna be a pain. I told him about the horable spare part pricing of Fabia and he told me that Fabia and Polo are 2 different cars and that service costs of Polo are more in line with that of it direct compition like punto and i20. The booking period he told me was ranging from 3 to 4 months.

Yup thats what the sales person told me. You change the music system or procure any other part of the car from the market other than them (like horn or central locking), your cars warranty is BOOOM!!!(gone,duh). The dude seemed really serious about all the non aftermarket policy of VW. he also told me that the OE music system and speakers are from Kenwood and we cant have em, and even if we do go for a aftermarket kenwood music system we will not be able to connect with the cars radio antennae as wiring is allready predone. hence we gotta stick with the overpriced lame looking music system from them. Obviously Gaurav has allready showed him whose their daddy but still the warranty part scares me. Though luckily the salesperson told me (unlike what i had read somewhere in Teambhp) that the standard alloys of the car can be fitted on the trendline version, though at 70K+(for a set of 4) i dont think anybody wanna do that.

Now this whole non aftermarket policy is a new thing to me. I understand that shoddy wiring from outside can be really hazardous. IIRC a couple of years ago a honda city zx caught fire and was burnt to dust just because of a short circuit in its aftermarket central locking system. Luckily unlike most of you guys i dont "pimp" my car up with shiny alloys and fancy music systems. OK now heres a joke, how much the sports kit of the polo costs.........Rs.1.6 lacs!!!! though it does have some really fancy alloys but still???

anyways ill be going for the testdrive tomorrow and update.

Jai Hind.
First of all, the Fabia is further heavy than then polo. Its skoda's after sales and expensive spares that have drowned the sales of the car. Otherwise, it was overall a much better car than the swift, i20 or punto (1.2).

Fabia (PQ24 platform) and Polo (PQ25) may be two different platforms but the two cars share a lot more than the same parent company. They have same engine (polo euro 4 compliant, fabia euro 3), share a lot electrical parts, power window switches, tyres and much more. If spares of Fabia are high, spares of Polo (especially engine part which are still being imported from Germany) wont be less than 75-80% of fabia. Ideally, they should compete with Swift, i20 and Punto, which I feel they will. But after having asked the wheel cover price, I am a little doubtful.

If you get the the work done from a right installer and pay him his dues, you wont face any problem with the car. The car is fitted with an immobilizer and you wont need a center locking. Even if you get the ICE done outside, just take care that you dont let them cut the wiring.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th April 2010 at 23:06.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.
Did a mistake as part of the learning curve. May be got a bit over exited. I will make sure that it does not repeat.
Old 8th May 2010, 03:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

@Gaurav,

Just discovered this thread and Congratulations on the Polo.

BTW Gujrawalan town is across the Ring road from Model town on one end and the Wazirpur industrial area across the GT road on the other end. Gujrawalan was/is an important District now Division and Capital city of the Disvision itself in undivided Punjab/ present Pakistan. It is also known as the 'city of wrestlers'.

Similarily Mianwali is also a District there smack bang on the river Indus. Parvez Musharaff is planning to build a farm house there. In case your familiy is from Mianwali and interested to know about their ancestral homeland check this out Mianwali Online
Old 11th May 2010, 21:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
If you get the the work done from a right installer and pay him his dues, you wont face any problem with the car. The car is fitted with an immobilizer and you wont need a center locking. Even if you get the ICE done outside, just take care that you dont let them cut the wiring.

car ICEing is now open attach and shut it job these days! they have wiring which comes with the package. you have special plugs which are only attached to the car wiring! and lo and behold you get a new music system in your car without any mess! but end of the day it depends on the installer and how they work with what stuff they work!
Old 16th May 2010, 13:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Khoj, I believe I missed this post. Hows the streak blue treating you. Time for an initial ownership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@Gaurav,

Just discovered this thread and Congratulations on the Polo.

BTW Gujrawalan town is across the Ring road from Model town on one end and the Wazirpur industrial area across the GT road on the other end. Gujrawalan was/is an important District now Division and Capital city of the Disvision itself in undivided Punjab/ present Pakistan. It is also known as the 'city of wrestlers'.

Oh .. ok I knew that there is a place called Gujrawalan in Pakistan but didnt know that theres a Gujrawala town in Delhi. Thanks.

Similarily Mianwali is also a District there smack bang on the river Indus. Parvez Musharaff is planning to build a farm house there. In case your familiy is from Mianwali and interested to know about their ancestral homeland check this out Mianwali Online

Ya.. I know that.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
car ICEing is now open attach and shut it job these days! they have wiring which comes with the package. you have special plugs which are only attached to the car wiring! and lo and behold you get a new music system in your car without any mess! but end of the day it depends on the installer and how they work with what stuff they work!
Absolutely Caramelo, car ICEing has has become so easy these days that I sometimes feel that more people should start doing DIYs... hehe.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

gaurav

From your parents perspective how is the rear seat comfort in terms of seat comfort, travel over the bumps etc at in traffic speeds, ease of ingress and egress and the cooling from the air con for the rear seat especially during afternoons these days.

I am thinking of replacing our Swift zxi with either the Polo or the Figo for use by my parents who need a small hatch to be driven around to places of their interest near our house in a say 10 kms radius hence the focus on everything to do with the rear seat.
Old 21st May 2010, 02:24   #75
BHPian

hey does the base verison comes with MFD?? i can see the central screen between speedo and tacho! is it complete display or more features are in only top version!

a bit of clarity on this issue please! also are the offering any alloy wheels as accesories ? and can u import a particular model of alloy wheels through VW! (if you request them whatever)

Last edited by Caramelo : 21st May 2010 at 02:25.

Most Viewed