Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2011, 10:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Bought a new Xylo E8 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawann View Post
But I would be very wary of driving it at very high speeds (120+) since the body roll is definitely there. But 100 - 120 kmph should not be any problem at all.

Completely agree, there's a need to be cautious around turns and never try going on high speeds, on a straight road, ride is great. That said, I know its the same for an innova or other similar vehicles, in fact a the xylo handled better speeds than scorpio in comparison (my opinion).
Old 17th April 2011, 10:56   #47
BHPian

I'm really looking forward to the coming weekend, planning to drive to Mumbai and back. No plans to stop during the drive to mumbai except bio breaks and food. Lets see how everything plays out, read some great reports on the site for BLR-MUM drives, will take a camera and post pics when I'm back.
Old 17th April 2011, 16:36   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurd View Post
I'm really looking forward to the coming weekend, planning to drive to Mumbai and back. No plans to stop during the drive to mumbai except bio breaks and food. Lets see how everything plays out, read some great reports on the site for BLR-MUM drives, will take a camera and post pics when I'm back.
BLR-MUM will be a piece of cake for the Xylo. The roads are very good and the facilities aplenty on the highway. Just make sure to leave BLR as early in the morning as possible and the same applies to Bombay as well.

That apart, it is a breeze. Bon Voyage.

Last edited by n.devdath : 17th April 2011 at 16:37. Reason: grammatical correction
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2011, 01:38   #49
BHPian

2 new pics, more a response to the Hella and Nudge guard on the Xylo, plus a nice image of the Xylo taken somewhere enroute to kundapur earlier this year
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a new Xylo E8 ABS-deadatnite.jpg  

Bought a new Xylo E8 ABS-xy.jpg  

ankurd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 22:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
BLR-MUM will be a piece of cake for the Xylo. The roads are very good and the facilities aplenty on the highway. Just make sure to leave BLR as early in the morning as possible and the same applies to Bombay as well.

That apart, it is a breeze. Bon Voyage.

Thanks! I started on the 22nd, read in the forums of starting at 3 am, but was a little ahead of that too, started at 2 am. Beautiful roads, reached at 4 pm, took me 13 hours. Stopped once to tank up which lasted my stay and roaming in Mumbai. Stopped for food (45 mts) lost an hour before Pune as there was an accident ahead of us. So ideally, the drive can we done within 11-12 hours non stop.

Got back, started at 2 in the afternoon of Sunday and reached late night at 3:30. Stopped for coffee at CCD after tumkur for 20 mts, and refuelled 10 mts, thats all.

Drive was great, i think the roads of Karnataka are better than Maharashtra as there's a lot of undulations on the road due to melted tar on the MH side. The Pune Mum expressway was simply superb. Was feeling proud as an indian driving thru NH 4 and comparing it to some drives i've done out of India.

Driving into the Pune toll and the thane creek toll was a little chaotic, all others were ok, not too expensive either, in all less than around 800 bucks one way.

Met some painful drivers, slow driving on the right lane drivers, crazy speeding drivers, but the roads were broad enough to accommodate all.

Xylo behaved so well! Not one issue (toughwood), great support from the Hella lights at night, extremely nice rest while my wife shared the drive and i rested on the "almost" flatbed. I think with every long drive, I get more convinced that the Xylo is a great Indian vehile to buy! The AC was fabulous, no noise, great at speeds (varied on the upside from 120-140), the DDIS showed an average of 87 kmph one way and 89 on return, which I think is fantastic.

Also met an unreleased, covered in black canvas Hyundai car, test driving on the expressway , unfortunateky couldnt take any snaps to post here.

I think my drives from Bangalore to the Kundapur/Karwar side was much more painful due to the roads, and this one, double the distance is so much nicer! Hope to do another Mumbai trip sometime later this year!
ankurd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 12:09   #51
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Had a quick query- did anyone feel that the service standards at SKS automobiles at bannergatta road, bangalore, is going down? I used to like the place but last 2 transactions has kept me thinking if I should consider India garage....

Gave the vehicle for servicing, no calls on sat evening from the advisor telling me there will be a delay to deliver, it's mid day mon and no calls still until I called and the guy casually said he had no updates as they were waiting for a spare part.

Went there a few days ago to replace an electrical wiring, took 10 minutes, but to ghetto that, it took 3 hours of waiting, and all service advisors were on a 2 hour long meeting, and customer support tells me no job cards are opened after lunch, even if there is a small repair or an emergency.

Feedback anyone ?

Thanks
Ankur
Old 7th December 2011, 22:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Had a quick query- did anyone feel that the service standards at SKS automobiles at bannergatta road, bangalore, is going down?
Ankurd: not sure if you are yet considering changing your service center, Sireesh Auto has a service center in Jakkur the service manager there came highly recommended by M&M when my friend had faced an issue, if you live in the north BLR, you can try this place out.

I am yet have my scorpio go for first service (due next week) so no first hand info yet.

Quote:
1. Maxi Care and underchassis coating - around 8k
Also I wanted to know more about this Maxi Care coating, I bought it at Sireesh and they are offering the same, I have googled and searched through this forum but not much info about this - how has been your experience with it, does it belong to a known brand, any input you could provide would be helpful.

thanks!
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:41   #53
BHPian

Went ahead with the lube change, got Castrol Edge and had M&M service centre do the engine flush, change of the oil filter and then had the Edge poured, let's see what noticeable difference I can make out.
Old 11th June 2013, 18:06   #54
BHPian

Sorry for not having been active for a long time. Much has happened in my vehicle ownership status to begin with - wife bought a used elantra (petrol) in excellent condition about a year ago and now while satisfied with the vehicle, the "jeep" bug hasn't quite gone off my mind and bucket list - so we're selling the elantra and have booked a Thar. Thats big for me, finally getting close to what i wanted, esp since the Thar has AC. No plans of hard top and other niceties - i have the Xylo for that.

Now, back to the Xylo. Upgraded the ICE:

Amps - Hertz
Front door- component from Hertz
rear door (middle door if that closer to reality) - JBL components
2DIN system from JVC, has all the works
Added the rear camera in addition to the sensors.

What else, clocked 50k kms and the tires had some wearing off, in fact two needed replacement so got 4 Yokohama 215/75R 15 AT/S. Great tyres, felt less bumpy right after the tyre replacement.

How is the Xylo doing at 50k - GREAT. No complaints, no nagging issues, zilch!

I do owe a visit to a certain "Chand-bhai" in old bangalore to get my hella's refitted , but i would do that once the Thar comes and will do both the fittings there.

I did have an interesting situation a few months ago in coastal karnataka - tyres got stuck as i ventured too close to the sea near a fishing village . What was amazing was two boatsmen helped pull the vehicle out using the pulley they use to pull their large boats in- effortless!

Other than that, the Xylo is doing well, castrol edge was a good idea, and so was keeping my visits to the Mahindra Service center regular.

Signing off..had been reading a lot of Thar threads and thought i'll check in to my thread as well. Looks like i can be more regular here.

Cheers!
ankurd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 10:30   #55
BHPian

Hello again everyone- just a quick update that I heard my Thar should be delivered in the coming week. Mods: I will start a new ownership thread on the Thar and continue on this too with updates on the Xylo.

I did want a quick advice on the Xylo. There's an issue with the low beam for a while, hasn't bothered me but it should be fixed and I am focusing on getting someone to address it. Whenever I start the car first time or after almost an hours' gap, the low beam doesn't turn on. Asked Anant cars service center, Erstwhile SKS, and few others to look- all say they have fixed the issue, some loose wiring but the issue is back the next day I start the car. Each time the low beam won't come on, except when the car wold suddenly hit a bad patch of road and voila ! The low beam switches on, or after a run of 5 Kms.

What could the issue be? Loose wiring, maybe , but would anyone help me find the specific issue? If loose wiring then where, or do I need to change the relay set? Something is causing this and its not being fixed.

Other than that, there's one sound on the drivers seat- I may have forgotten to mention but the drivers seat broke, yes! Broke one day on the highway, fortunately M&M agreed that to be a manufacturing defect and replaced the seat under warranty. The sound is that of the seat belt harness, i think i need to get that checked. My extended warranty has another year to go, so all is well.

Thx-A.
Old 20th June 2013, 06:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
There's an issue with the low beam for a while, hasn't bothered me but it should be fixed and I am focusing on getting someone to address it. Whenever I start the car first time or after almost an hours' gap, the low beam doesn't turn on. Asked Anant cars service center, Erstwhile SKS, and few others to look- all say they have fixed the issue, some loose wiring but the issue is back the next day I start the car. Each time the low beam won't come on, except when the car wold suddenly hit a bad patch of road and voila ! The low beam switches on, or after a run of 5 Kms.

What could the issue be? Loose wiring, maybe , but would anyone help me find the specific issue? If loose wiring then where, or do I need to change the relay set? Something is causing this and its not being fixed.
I had a simillar issue in my old Santro, and the culprit was the fuse socket got corroded and not getting proper contact. After a thourough cleaning, the problem solved. I may not be sure if that is the case here, still I suggest you to check this point also. Also see if there is any issue with the relay.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 13:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
I had a simillar issue in my old Santro, and the culprit was the fuse socket got corroded and not getting proper contact. After a thourough cleaning, the problem solved.
Thanks Rajesh. I will look into this. I had the relay and related wiring replaced once. At that time, there were burnt wires, however - the primary issue didnt resolve.

I plan to check the fuse box and replace the fuse and use a sandpaper to roughen the edges of the brackets just in case. Will do that today! Many thanks for your suggestion again!

Best. A.

Most Viewed