Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 11:24   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
"9845067188" I got this contact number after a lot of search and struggle, its nippon service contact number in Bangalore. Try please !!
@thelightening, thanks a ton mate, I called them and they said the default code is 1111. Gonna try it later today and if it's correct I'll change it.
Old 13th August 2010, 20:48   #347
BHPian

I hope the code worked . did it?
Need to try this out on my friends new waggy.
Today,when asked for a USB connecter the MGA guys were like
Initially told that Waggy dont have a USB option then upon showing the dash pic with Usb button , they said they dont know and no such device is available with them and humbly advised me to get it from outside. Buying a maruti (or all other cars) is a real experience.
I just can't imagine how these guys will sell the kizashi ,if it ever arrives.

Last edited by bullboy : 13th August 2010 at 20:54.
Old 14th August 2010, 11:26   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I hope the code worked . did it?
Need to try this out on my friends new waggy.
Today,when asked for a USB connecter the MGA guys were like
Initially told that Waggy dont have a USB option then upon showing the dash pic with Usb button , they said they dont know and no such device is available with them and humbly advised me to get it from outside. Buying a maruti (or all other cars) is a real experience.
I just can't imagine how these guys will sell the kizashi ,if it ever arrives.
@bullboy, yup the code worked. Thanks.

As for the USB option, it's an add-on card that you need to purchase. MGA hasn't started selling it as yet, should be available soon as per the dealer. I guess it would be a costly option, cos I found the same card being sold in the UK for around 120+ pounds by the Suzuki dealership. Details are available on the Internet. If it's sold in India for more than 5k, it's definitely not worth it. I didn't manage to locate a similar model for sale on the net elsewhere. As for now fingers crossed on the price.
Old 14th August 2010, 12:24   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryN View Post
NUT-Case, Clevermax and Eddy

Thanks for your fedback and suggestions.

Well as Eddy has mentioned in his Signature, "Parking Space" is my biggest criteria. I do manage to Squeeze My Wagon-R and 2 other 2 -wheelers inside our portico just right. Any more increase in width and one of them will have to stand out of our house and if length increases then the car will have to go out. That is why i am comfortable with "small" exterior dimensions of WagonR. If i need to park outside i might be going for something big like an Innova, Xylo or something on those lines.

Ncase, Sorry to hear that New Wagonr is struggling to cope with AC in 1st and 2nd. My Old wagonr also struggles, that is why as soon as i near a speed breaker i switch of he AC and manage with the blowet till i go beyond 30 Kmph speed. I thought this is because my WagonR has become realy old.

Looks like i will continue with my old trusted wagonr for some more time. It still gives me 17-18 kmpl on highways, takes me upto 120 if i am in a mood for a few seconds otherwise moves on song at 90-100kmph. Does everything right and i will remain faithful for a couple of more months if not years. Will gift them a new pair of shoes for more miles of fun.

Thanks

Hi,

I am surprised at what you say about switching off the A/C when approaching a speed breaker. I have been driving a Wagon R for the last 8 years (first the Wagon R MAV and now the last model Wagon R Vxi) and have never had a problem with pick up with the A/C on. In fact, the A/C in my car is on as long as the engine is running. You can easily go up to 140 kph if you want again without any problem.

Regards,

SS
Old 17th August 2010, 09:46   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
@thelightening, thanks a ton mate, I called them and they said the default code is 1111. Gonna try it later today and if it's correct I'll change it.
Can you please let me what you did with the pin and whats the use of that?
Old 22nd August 2010, 07:21   #351
BHPian

Wagon R Vs Estilo

Hi everyone! I am in the process of buying a new car with a sub 4.5 lac budget meant mostly for city use. I never considered the K 1 liter engines till i came across this thread from eddy and an ownership thread from nut case. Now I am hooked to the idea of buying a wagon r or that was what till i saw a black estilo with a 20k discount.I was told its the same engine and stuff except for the dash mounted stereo and the price comes down to 4.16 vs 4.41 for wagon r. a personal observation was that the boot space in estilo seems decent and the wagon r wouldn't carry a luggage for those occasional runs to the railway station or airport.And yesterday, while browsing across the web, i found the logan 1.4 petrol priced rather well(4.89lacs). Currently these three cars seem to have my attention.I have had good drives in the logan taxis when i used to reside in bengaluru as the distance from home to aiport was a good 70kms and i used to prefer the logan for such drops. Did a test drive of wagon R but not the estilo. so cannot comment on WR vs estilo. I was wondering if you can help me solve this dilemma.
Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2010, 12:41   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
Hi everyone! I am in the process of buying a new car with a sub 4.5 lac budget meant mostly for city use. I never considered the K 1 liter engines till i came across this thread from eddy and an ownership thread from nut case. Now I am hooked to the idea of buying a wagon r or that was what till i saw a black estilo with a 20k discount.I was told its the same engine and stuff except for the dash mounted stereo and the price comes down to 4.16 vs 4.41 for wagon r. a personal observation was that the boot space in estilo seems decent and the wagon r wouldn't carry a luggage for those occasional runs to the railway station or airport.And yesterday, while browsing across the web, i found the logan 1.4 petrol priced rather well(4.89lacs). Currently these three cars seem to have my attention.I have had good drives in the logan taxis when i used to reside in bengaluru as the distance from home to aiport was a good 70kms and i used to prefer the logan for such drops. Did a test drive of wagon R but not the estilo. so cannot comment on WR vs estilo. I was wondering if you can help me solve this dilemma.
Thanks!
if you are considering the Logan, you can consider the Indigo eGLX as well. You are facing exactly the same dilemma that i was in for nearly three weeks. The indigo is around 481k on road and with 17k worth of insurance free, its a rather delicious package! And the Mumbai dealer i had contacted was giving mudflaps and floor mats and teflon free as well. But A.S.S & build quality of TATA () put me off the indigo, as well that of Mahindra put me off the Logan that i had started reviewing.

Maruti is ofcourse the brand you can trust blindfolded. Talking of MS, i "sat" in the Estillo, WagonR and Ritz. All three have similar dimensions, build quality of estillo and the waggy are similar while Ritz is notch better leaca aside the increased power and associated fun.

I would suggest, if you can stretch the budget slightly, go for a Ritz Lxi and pack in an ICE, front power window kit and the rear parcel tray. The costing is as per below for Ritz Lxi(OTR Mumbai):

Basic OTR: 461,419
Discount: 15,000
Discounted Price: 446,419
ICE (MGA): ~17,000 (on higher side)
Rear Parcel Tray: ~1,000
Front PW kit: ~7,000
Total Accessories: ~25,000
OTR with acc: 471,419

Above all these, whether its the waggy or the Ritz, you will have to shell out extra ~12k for teflon, antirust, sunfilm, mudflaps and floormats.

I know i sound like a SP for Ritz but that car has just swept me off my feet and i keep trying to coax new car buyers to buy it!

Also, for your information, i eventually booked the Waggy Vxi (w/o ABS & Airbags) last on 16-Aug 'cause i couldnt sell the above thoughts to my parents!
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:18   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Can you please let me what you did with the pin and whats the use of that?
The default PIN is for your security alarm (WR2010 VXi model only). It's used to disarm the alarm. You can change the default to a separate one as specified in the car owners manual.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:48   #354

Hi Guys,

I had booked a Wagon R Vxi (Blue) in the last week of June (2 months back). The date of delivery on paper (booking slip) was 2 months and verbally the sales rep had promised that he will get it for me in 1 or 1.5 month max. It's been 2 months now and still they are saying the Blue Vxi models are yet to arrive and not giving me the exact dates of its starting from factory (forget delivery to me). They pick up and answer my calls pretty promptly but I keep getting the same diplomatic response

"Sir, It (batch) should have been dispatched from factory yesterday...looks like it hasn't still...we will check and let you know...In any case, it should start in a day or 2 and you will get in 8 days from the date of dispatch".

In between all these, the price for my booked model has gone up by 6k. As expected, prices on delivery date will be applicable to me (even T&C in booking receipt says so...ok I understand). But had I got the delivery in 1 or 1.5 months as promised by the rep, I wouldn't have been in a situation to fork out this additional 6k . From a thread on tbhp, i understand a dealer didn't pass on the price increase to a customer (It was a Ford Figo though) that was booked earlier. I'm somehow unable to digest 6k increase for WagonR. I had opted Wagon R for its VFM, FE, A**, and resale value. It was a decision from mind...Heart was set for Figo. After all this, I sometimes contemplate cancelling the booking and going for Figo . Ofcouse Figo prices have also gone up from August (one more reason to ). But wifey is stymieing this temptation who believes our decision is still fine and asks me to be patient. The thought that jogs in my mind is how can a company like MUL, with so many options available for a consumer in the market, can't do proper demand forecasting and capacity planning before the launch. Why should I buy something from a Co that is making a consumer wait for so long when he can chose an alternative and get it within 2-3 weeks?.

Ok...let's keep reversing the decision aside ...For now, what you guys suggest? Should I make some noise with the sales guy/dealer regarding impact on my OTR because of the waiting period? I will have atleast a reason to smile if he gives me some discount to compensate the price rise.

Regards
CheNad

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2010 at 15:05. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 25th August 2010, 15:07   #355
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Chenad, write to Maruti. They will surely intervene and ensure you get a realistic delivery timeline.

BTW, we all hate waiting periods, but any popular car has a backlog over the initial weeks. Its inevitable.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:26   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
Thanks!
I would suggest Wagon R anyday . New wagon r is not just cosmetic changes , its a new platform with increased length and breadth . I was not a fan of previous generation wagon r due to its suspension and the gear box . Earlier Wagonr s were of the same platform of that of alto ( i read so ) , in fact the dash was exactly the same as that we get in an alto . The new Gen wagon r is definitely a great improvement over the previous generation one .
Better suspension
Better Gear box and gear shift
K series engine
Futuristic ( atleast contemporary ) interiors ( Dash )
Huge space at the rear
Tilt steering in Vxi model
14"wheels in Vxi
Good visibility

Infact if we see the Estilo up close , it has the previous generation wagonrs suspension , long throw gear shift , Not generous rear legroom. The rear bench seats are not so comfortable .
I am not a fan of the new beige dash of Estilo , looks cheap .
However , the boot space is more than that of the new wagonR .

I would again strongly recommend WagonR as I cant see much life left for the Zen Estilo aka Estilo on Indian roads .With wagonR , though its a decade old name , its new on everything else .

Hope it helps .

Ps :- If you want to get confused , I can suggest couple more options almost in the same price range
Old 28th August 2010, 18:17   #357
BHPian

MODS: If this is to be posted somewhere else, please do the needful and i apologize for the same!

Hi guys,
I had booked a white wagon-r with ABS and AIRBAGS on 25th of may. The dealer, popular motors, had promised me delivery in 2 months but now its been more than 3 months and there is clue of my car. The dealer is saying that they are not receiving cars from maruti, which i found is true after inquiring with some other dealerships in cochin. But i have seen that some people from other states have received the cars(vxi with abs). Knowing this, i called Anytime Maruti at18001800180 and lodged a complaint stating the delay and got an immediate reply from popular stating that i am in No.3 priority and that they would do their best to get the vehicle.

My problem is not with the dealer, as they cant do anything more. But people who have booked VXI abs are very few and from the cochin dealership i came to know that not even a single wagon-r vxi with abs has arrived yet, from the time of launch of the car!. I find that ridiculous! what say guys? Anyways to contact any maruti officials? would it be of any use?
Old 28th August 2010, 18:34   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
But people who have booked VXI abs are very few and from the cochin dealership i came to know that not even a single wagon-r vxi with abs has arrived yet, from the time of launch of the car!. I find that ridiculous! what say guys? Anyways to contact any maruti officials? would it be of any use?
Actually the highest variants of the car I guess are made to order (they are not fast moving off the shelf you see). Same thing happened to me after I placed my order for Black i10 Asta. The SP told me in 5 minutes after some phone calls that the factory does not have this in the yard, and they are going to actually build the car after the dealership places a order for the same. He also requested me to please not back out of the deal later, as a black top end AT i10 (which costs more than i20 magna) shall be next to impossible to sell. In a way he was correct - I have only spotted 1 white i10 Asta AT on road till now.

But after all that - 3 month is enough to break one's patience.
Old 25th October 2010, 15:37   #359
BHPian

Did a TD of the WR2010 VXi yesterday. But I'm more interested in the CNG variant. Vipul Motors, Noida is offering me the 3rd year EW free, MGA worth 5100 and a cash discount of 3100. They're also giving me a exchange bonus of 15k for my old Santro. With these kinds of discounts, is there a better deal on the market for CNG vehicles? The CNG variant is ~4.5L OTR, and with the discounts it fits into my budget quite nicely. The reason I'm also tempted for this deal is because of the i-GPI sequential CNG kit in the new WagonR. If I go with the new i10 1.1, and choose Hyundai to do the CNG kit installation for me, the cost comes out to be ~5L OTR, and I still get the same cramped i10 against the roomy WagonR. The noise levels are distracting yes, but I don't think there's a better equipped CNG vehicle present in the market right now at this price level.

Last edited by kanuj : 25th October 2010 at 15:38. Reason: Added subscription to the thread.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:53   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Did a TD of the WR2010 VXi yesterday. But I'm more interested in the CNG variant. Vipul Motors, Noida is offering me the 3rd year EW free, MGA worth 5100 and a cash discount of 3100. They're also giving me a exchange bonus of 15k for my old Santro. With these kinds of discounts, is there a better deal on the market for CNG vehicles? The CNG variant is ~4.5L OTR, and with the discounts it fits into my budget quite nicely. The reason I'm also tempted for this deal is because of the i-GPI sequential CNG kit in the new WagonR. If I go with the new i10 1.1, and choose Hyundai to do the CNG kit installation for me, the cost comes out to be ~5L OTR, and I still get the same cramped i10 against the roomy WagonR. The noise levels are distracting yes, but I don't think there's a better equipped CNG vehicle present in the market right now at this price level.
Yes it makes quite a lot of sense specially with the kind of space and fuel efficiency it offers. Seems like a good deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks