Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 21:52   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

One doubt,Vxi has both ABS and Airbags as separate options or we can go for individual features?
Old 30th August 2011, 22:31   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
One doubt,Vxi has both ABS and Airbags as separate options or we can go for individual features?
Hello BoneCollector, one cannot opt ABS/ Airbag separately. It only comes together in the Wagon R. You can expect a price increase of around Rs. 30,000 from the VXI variant. I myself own a Wagon R VXI with ABS and Airbags. For any details, you can go through my thread and hope it helps you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...r-vxi-abs.html

If you have any doubts, please feel free to ask.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 18:16   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys, any idea on the *real world* FE of this engine ? Will 14-15 kmpl be an over-estimate ?

Real world in the new wagon r is 13/14 kmpl consistently in real mumbai traffic with ac hundred percent on and my wife driving. ( i may stick out my neck to say that i may get 15 kmpl in this car with 90 % ac on )

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2012 at 12:05. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 11th November 2011, 18:49   #379
BHPian

My May 2010 All New Wagon-R has clocked 20k and has been consistently giving me 15-16km in a daily drive consisting of 50% Highway and 50% city conditions with AC. Absolutely no niggles, rattles or problems so far, BUT......

The three pot has a flat spot between 15kmph and 25kmph. You have to keep this car in the power band often in slow moving traffic. It would not be eager to take off from sudden slowing moving speeds in 3rd gear and have to get down to 2nd the very instant.

You may wonder why such an emphasis on the power band, coz by the time you are done with the circus, the FE would have already taken an impact. With A/c the problem only compounds. The good thing however is even after wrenching the three pot for being in the power band, the FE never went below the 13kmpl mark in heavy traffic situations. The only time the FE went down in similar situations was when the car was still below 1k.

Friendly bhpian -Nut-Case did identify and highlight this issue back in June 2010, but I recognized it only after the first service. I should add that the problem has eased a little bit after the car crossed 5k. I'm beginning to wonder if I got used to the 3 pot.

Recently a non-petrol head friend after driving the car for short distance asked me if my car was running on LPG He assumed the flat spots were due to the fuel!
Old 30th December 2011, 23:37   #380
BHPian

Got a new Wagon R Green (CNG) to replace my old Wagon R Duo in the first week of December.

Got 4 tires upsized to 175 x 70 x R13 Micheline XM+, it does wonders to the ride quality and grip, improves the stance as well. Retained the OEM tyre as the 5th one because there is not enough space between the CNG tank and the rear seat to slide the broader tyre into the tyre well

My daily commute is around 74 KMS from Thane to Goregaon via Ghodbunder Road, that translates to 50% light to medium traffic and 50% medium to heavy traffic. Have done ~1300 KMS as of today. Have found the milage to vary between 18 to 27 Km/Kg of CNG depending on the traffic conditions with AC on 80% all the time. Yet to do highway cruising. Somebody with more sedated driving style would definitely extract more milage.

Positives:
• Way better ride quality than the previous generation Wagon R
• Much better suspension setup. Vertical movement is well controlled w.r.t. the previous generation Wagon R, is less bouncy as well. The suspension is well suited for the city.
• Spacious for 4 adults. With me (5' 10) on the drivers seat, a 6 footer can be accommodated in the rear.
• Build quality is much better than the previous Wagon R.

Negatives:
• Design quirks:
- Driver side AC vent on the center console is positioned behind the steering wheel, a part of the steering wheel gets real cold after some time!
- The left OVRM gets obstructed slightly by the black strip between the left window and the front quarter glass
• On bad roads can feel slight later movement of the suspension.
• NVH level inside the cabin could have been better.
• Finally the bane of all tall boys, body roll, however the Michelines do mitigate this to an extent and inspire better confidence on the curves.
Old 31st December 2011, 02:30   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ crisp feedback sumith
Have you also faced undershifting issues(3rd to 2nd) when you have to take off from slow moving traffic?
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 11:31   #382
BHPian

Thanks vigsom :-)

No, I haven't faced any under shifting issues. Infact the transmission has been a pleasure to use unlike my previous Wagon R. However, as KameshR has mentioned above there is a flat spot between 15 to 25 KMPH in second gear.
Old 5th January 2012, 17:49   #383
BHPian

Just drove home my VXI yesterday from the showroom. By the time I got into the car and started driving I pretty much knew what to expect thanks to this thread.

Really everything has been covered here and nothin much new to update.

Traded in my almost 8 year old 70000 KM 800 for 85K .... think thats good value.

The OEM tyres are Apollo ... my 800 had come with CEAT and lasted me thru 60000 kms ... hope these ones measure up as well.

Cant figure why the keyless locks do not have a weak battery signal. Had a harrowing experience with my earlier car when the battery in the remote died off after the car was locked in a hotel's parking lot ... with the immobilizer locked, just couldnt get the car started. The first thing next day, I had the keyless system taken off

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Also, in earlier WagonR, while shifting between first and second gear, you would often rub your hands and the gear lever with your co-passenger, is it the same in this as well,
In fact in overdrive the Gear lever knob is knocking against my left knee ... that can be pretty uncomfortable on a highway drive.
Old 15th January 2012, 23:18   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti WagonR :Tyre/Rim upsize for Vxi

Hi guys,i have searched everywhere but not getting exact answers.Is there anyone who has got a TYRE/RIM upsize done for the Vxi?

Did you go for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Will go by your advice and keep it at 30.I am planning to upgrade and also upsize the tyres as soon as i get the car. I find not many choices of sizes in r14 tyres . Will have to check that. Will increasing the width and keeping pressure a little lower than recommended affect FE too much?

The Lxi model comes with 144/80/R13 . They give upsized tires of 155/65/R14 in VXI. So i wonder how much wider we can go without the tyre fouling with the shock coil springs.
Old 15th January 2012, 23:44   #385
BHPian

Never did go for the upgrade. Decided to use the oem tyres and rims till i need a new set. Have done about 30,000 km on the odo. The tyres are fairing very badly mainly because of a serious case of misalignment by the *** after a service. By the time i figures out what was going on the tyres were shot. So will be replacing the tyres soon and will consider an upsize at the time.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:25   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case
Never did go for the upgrade. Decided to use the oem tyres and rims till i need a new set. Have done about 30,000 km on the odo. The tyres are fairing very badly mainly because of a serious case of misalignment by the *** after a service. By the time i figures out what was going on the tyres were shot. So will be replacing the tyres soon and will consider an upsize at the time.
Do let me know about it when u go for it.Thanks in advance.
Old 10th February 2012, 23:58   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,i have searched everywhere but not getting exact answers.Is there anyone who has got a TYRE/RIM upsize done for the Vxi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post

Got 4 tires upsized to 175 x 70 x R13 Micheline XM+, it does wonders to the ride quality and grip, improves the stance as well.

• Finally the bane of all tall boys, body roll, however the Michelines do mitigate this to an extent and inspire better confidence on the curves.
Hi,had previously asked this question but somehow had missed your post.Can you tell me how much you paid for them.Also if you could post a snap for the same.The Vxi comes with 155/65/R14 and i see you have upgraded to 175 x 70 x R13.Did you go for a rim change also?

Question to all the people having Vxi,the center console has a button marked 'USB'.Has the system got a USB drive?If yes,location of the same and if no,has anyone connected a USB drive to it?I have booked a Vxi with delivery expected in another 2 weeks.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th February 2012 at 00:01.
Old 14th February 2012, 23:23   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,had previously asked this question but somehow had missed your post.Can you tell me how much you paid for them.Also if you could post a snap for the same.The Vxi comes with 155/65/R14 and i see you have upgraded to 175 x 70 x R13.Did you go for a rim change also?

Question to all the people having Vxi,the center console has a button marked 'USB'.Has the system got a USB drive?If yes,location of the same and if no,has anyone connected a USB drive to it?I have booked a Vxi with delivery expected in another 2 weeks.Thanks in advance.
Hi BoneCollector,

Did not go for Rim change, for Vxi 175 x 70 x R13 won't fit, I believe your rim size is R14, mine (Lxi) is R13. However, you can calculate your tyre size here:

Tire size calculator

Just make sure its within 3% (2% if you want to be really conservative).

Have attached the pics. 4 tyres cost me ~9800 Rs.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img00188201202140921.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img00189201202140923.jpg  

sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 00:06   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are not having VXI, but opted to have the VXi music system installed as MGA. The entire music system package cost us around Rs. 9.5 IIRC.
Yes, it has that USB button, but till date I am not able to locate the USB port. The only option is to have Aux-in, which is provided.

IIRC, even ACI did mention in their long term review of Wagon R that USB button is provided, but the slot is not. Another issue is what if one has more than 6 stations for radio ? How to reach the 7th radio station. I have not gone through the separate manual provided for the music system.
If anybody has any update on these two issues, do put up.

Regarding our Waggie, it has now completed around 30K kms. and I had my first breakdown. I also witnessed a crash of Micra in my ORVM and helped the occupants. Bit tied down on time, would provide updates on my car and also start another thread on Micra crash.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:43   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Yes, it has that USB button, but till date I am not able to locate the USB port. The only option is to have Aux-in, which is provided.

IIRC, even ACI did mention in their long term review of Wagon R that USB button is provided, but the slot is not. Another issue is what if one has more than 6 stations for radio ? How to reach the 7th radio station. I have not gone through the separate manual provided for the music system.
If anybody has any update on these two issues, do put up.
I recently purchased WagonR VXI and spent some time understanding all its features. USB Button is provided but to use it you need to purchase a separate USB adapter which seems silly not to include given the proliferation of USB devices as portable storage for media.

The Music system supports 18 FM channels. When you press the FM button, you get the first 6 channels on the buttons numbers 1 to 6. To get the next six channels, press the FM button again and it says FM 2 which means its the second set of 6 FM channels. 7th channel will be available on the button numbered 1 and so on.

I am surprised that you got a separate manual for the music system because I didnt. I had to do a lot of RnD myself to understand even how to set up the time .

Also, here is a question to all WagonR owners and test drivers, do you feel that the gap between the second and third gear is a little too wide? Since my waggie is still in its running-in period, I avoid going above 2500 or 3000 RPM. And sometimes when I shift from 2nd to 3rd between 2k and 2.5k, i feel lack in response to the accelerator until it crossed 2K. I feel that there is a general lack of power below 2K in most of the gears.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks