Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 06:44   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post

Thank you! The 9.5 to 11.5 just scared the hell out of me. My nano just swings me a little over 16 kmpl with bumper to bumper in BLR. If Ritz is able to offer anything above 14 kmpl justifies the 1.2 ltr engine. I love the interior and waterfall console of Ritz , also to mention the the slick sure slot gear shit.
Now you know my next question, how much would I compromise on safety without ABS? By nature I am a sedate driver, but at times the adrenaline rush brings the kid back in me and I floor it... Don't want tax on emi too.

Thanks to all who responded before!
Didn't notice you are in Bangalore so in your budget, Ritz ZXi goes out of the window. The Ritz currently being used by my brother in Gurgaon is a VXi and was purchased before I got hooked on to TeamBHP so thats without ABS. And when I look back, I feel I should have gone in for ZXi. But there is a huge price difference between my place and Bangalore. ABS is important as Ritz has a gem of an engine and loves to wallop if accelerator padel is pressed. It can give you neck jerking acceleration. So having an added safety feature is good. WagonR also has a K series engine but thats one cylinder short than Ritz and that does matter. Another noteworthy thing is that the build quality of Ritz is much much better than WagonR. If you plan to go in for Ritz VXi, get a tyre upgrade immediately. It improves handling but may compromise on FE though very little. We had to send Ritz to Gurgaon and take WagonR as this car was for Dad's use and his driver was not ready to drive Ritz. If you are planning for Ritz, i'll suggest that you try to extend your budget and go in for ZXi. Or else WagonR VXi with ABS is fine. If you already have a Nano, Ritz is a better option.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 13th May 2014 at 06:49.
Old 14th May 2014, 00:07   #542
BHPian

Today I took test drive of wagon R 2013,vxi. I was dumb struck, couldn't believe how much engine noise filtered right into the cabin. I wish Maruti had worked a little bit more towards the noise insulation. I was big time disappointed, also the mid range didn't had torque either. The sales advisor gave me some crap that I had to swallow - stating its a test drive vehicle 25 k on the odo, due for service, air filter needs replacement bla bla, but wifey seemed to like the roominess and found the interiors acceptable and thinks good enough to graduate from nano, I have suggested home ministry that we take a test ride in a Ritz and take a call, wish me luck!

Last edited by MadTiger : 14th May 2014 at 00:12.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:20   #543
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Today I took test drive of wagon R 2013,vxi. I was dumb struck, couldn't believe how much engine noise filtered right into the cabin. I wish Maruti had worked a little bit more towards the noise insulation. I was big time disappointed, also the mid range didn't had torque either. The sales advisor gave me some crap that I had to swallow - stating its a test drive vehicle 25 k on the odo, due for service, air filter needs replacement bla bla, but wifey seemed to like the roominess and found the interiors acceptable and thinks good enough to graduate from nano, I have suggested home ministry that we take a test ride in a Ritz and take a call, wish me luck!
Maybe some issue with the Test drive car.

Normally the K10 engine is refined enough and the cabin insulation is decent enough for a car of its class. Only thing that is of bother is the wind noise and tyre noise on the current Waggy.

And the mid range is actually the strong point of this engine. Its the low end where it struggles.

P.S. Above inputs are based on my past ownership of K10 Waggy and having driven a lot of small cars in same segment.

Last edited by DCEite : 14th May 2014 at 15:22.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 17:41   #544
BHPian

Guys I ve just joined Team BHP. I own a two year old Maruti WagonR VXI (Bought it second hand @12000 kms ) I'm having issues with the reverse gear. Finding it extremely difficult to slot it into the reverse. I tried with another WagonR and the same result. Any suggestions?
Old 14th May 2014, 18:03   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns94 View Post
Guys I ve just joined Team BHP. I own a two year old Maruti WagonR VXI (Bought it second hand @12000 kms ) I'm having issues with the reverse gear. Finding it extremely difficult to slot it into the reverse. I tried with another WagonR and the same result. Any suggestions?
Hello and welcome to TBHP!
Sorry to hear about the problem you are facing with the WagonR, which is generally a very nice, practical and reliable work horse. Now, may I please ask this question if you are slotting the gear correctly? I am asking this because you are experiencing the same problem in another car too. At times, when the cogs & gears are misaligned, just a slight move ahead in a forward gear may make the slotting into reverse easy. Try that and report back.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 18:14   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
At times, when the cogs & gears are misaligned, just a slight move ahead in a forward gear may make the slotting into reverse easy. Try that and report back.
Way back in 2006 when I was taking the delivery of my WagonR after the Second free service from the ASC, I had mentioned about this "Problem" of not being able to slot in reverse gear and all he said was what you have mentioned above.

I always follow the same practice in case I find it difficult to slot in reverse on any occasion. To be honest, I don't want to call this as an issue at all as I have seen many mentioning about it with other cars also and the solution is as easy as this trick.

In fact, the moment my wife started to drive my beloved WagonR (I am sure I wanted to type beloved before WagonR ), I had given this tip pro-actively and since past 6 months of her driving, she never came to me complaining about this at all!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 18:20   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Way back in 2006 when I was taking the delivery of my WagonR after the Second free service from the ASC, I had mentioned about this "Problem" of not being able to slot in reverse gear and all he said was what you have mentioned above.
Whenever I talk, think or see a WagonR, the first person to come in my thoughts is you, without a doubt. Your stellar ownership experience tells us about how well a lifeless car can also respond to the love, care & affection a person bestows on his cars.

About the reverse gear issue, at times, I face the same in my jelly bean too and this is the first & only thing that I do to get over it.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 09:31   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Hello and welcome to TBHP!
Sorry to hear about the problem you are facing with the WagonR, which is generally a very nice, practical and reliable work horse. Now, may I please ask this question if you are slotting the gear correctly? I am asking this because you are experiencing the same problem in another car too. At times, when the cogs & gears are misaligned, just a slight move ahead in a forward gear may make the slotting into reverse easy. Try that and report back.

Regards,
Saket
an
Thanks a lot Sir. I tried the same way and it's a lot better than before. And as you said WagonR is the perfect vehicle. You would laugh on hearing this but I and my dad used to ogle at every WagonR on the road before we bought one
ns94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 23:41   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Whenever I talk, think or see a WagonR, the first person to come in my thoughts is you, without a doubt. Your stellar ownership experience tells us about how well a lifeless car can also respond to the love, care & affection a person bestows on his cars.

About the reverse gear issue, at times, I face the same in my jelly bean too and this is the first & only thing that I do to get over it.

Regards,
Saket
I am the proud owner of a black 2007 wagonR Lxi (christened as Black Beauty by my better half) and due to my less usage, could log only 27000 kms till date. But since I have booked a Honda city and have parking space for only one car, I decided to send it to Kolkata to my dad. But the car has been so flawless and faithful all these years, except of course the reverse gear hitch, that I decided to give it a befitting parting tribute.....I drove it down from Faridkot to Kolkata, 2050 kms in 3 days flat. And we keep discussing the highway behavior of bigger sedans, trust me wagonR can put many of them to shame. I covered almost 700 kms per day with my wife and children. It was literally a fill it, shut it and forget it experience. I guess with such a reliable breed, a minor flaw like the reverse gear hitch is acceptable.
Old 9th October 2014, 10:19   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
And we keep discussing the highway behavior of bigger sedans, trust me wagonR can put many of them to shame. I covered almost 700 kms per day with my wife and children. It was literally a fill it, shut it and forget it experience. I guess with such a reliable breed, a minor flaw like the reverse gear hitch is acceptable.
I wouldn't call the reverse gear problem as a hitch. In fact, it is present in many cars I have driven. WagonR is indeed a great vehicle. However, some handling and other related dynamics are inherent problems of a tall boy design and WagonR is no exception to it. But yes, on grounds of reliability, it has to be stellar. Most Japanese cars are known to be reliable to the core, as if life depended on it and again, WagonR is no exception!
Hope that the car will continue to serve your dad faithfully. Wishing him happy miles ahead.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 11:47   #551
BHPian

Just a query. In my office complex there is a porch which my wagonR used to climb comfortably with a ground clearance of 165mm and wheelbase of 2400mm. However, my colleagues Accent with a ground clearance of 172mm used to scrape its belly quite often. Is it because of the 40mm longer wheelbase in case of accent or a problem with this particular car's suspension set up?
Old 9th October 2014, 12:05   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just a query. In my office complex there is a porch which my wagonR used to climb comfortably with a ground clearance of 165mm and wheelbase of 2400mm. However, my colleagues Accent with a ground clearance of 172mm used to scrape its belly quite often. Is it because of the 40mm longer wheelbase in case of accent or a problem with this particular car's suspension set up?
A car with softer suspension set up is more likely to scrape than one with a stiffer suspension, if the ground clearance of both are same. Also, technically, the term ground clearance is used to denote the distance of the lowest point of the car from the ground. It may happen that for one car, the lowest part is at a point where it is less vulnerable & vice versa.
In case of inclines, cars with longer wheel base may have issues with ground clearance as the middle part of the car may take a hit when the front wheel is done with the incline and has reached the flat area and the rear wheel is still taking the incline. Hope that makes it little clear.

Regards,
Saket
Old 9th October 2014, 17:35   #553
BHPian

My wagonR of late has developed a new problem. There is a constant rattling sound from the front whenever the car is driven over undulations. The noise somehow disappears when the brakes are applied. I visited the Maruti authorised service center and they diagnosed it as play in the front calliper clips. New calliper pins were installed and the noise subsided. But yesterday after driving peacefully for over 2300+ kms post calliper pin change, the noise emerged again. Visited Alok Automobiles today and was assured that the noise would disappear by machining the existing callipers. Though the problem was diagnosed correctly by the Maruti Service Centre, the solution was incorrect. Any other wagonR owner facing a similar problem?
Old 9th October 2014, 19:14   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My wagonR of late has developed a new problem. There is a constant rattling sound from the front whenever the car is driven over undulations. The noise somehow disappears when the brakes are applied. I visited the Maruti authorised service center and they diagnosed it as play in the front calliper clips. New calliper pins were installed and the noise subsided. But yesterday after driving peacefully for over 2300+ kms post calliper pin change, the noise emerged again. Visited Alok Automobiles today and was assured that the noise would disappear by machining the existing callipers. Though the problem was diagnosed correctly by the Maruti Service Centre, the solution was incorrect. Any other wagonR owner facing a similar problem?
In last 4 months, my Wagon R has undergone replacement of front strut mounting, both arms replacements, various bushes,caliper greasing and steering overhauling on different occasions but the problem still persists. There is rattling from front when car goes through a pothole. I've resorted to threatening now for early resolution. Hopefully it should be ok on next visit.
Old 23rd October 2014, 20:01   #555
BHPian

My Waggy has crossed 42k and has been pretty good. Offlate, i notice a humming sound coming from the car and this keeps rising as the speed increases. But the resonance is so prominent at around 50kmph and when i fully press the clutch and just let the car move, the noise more clear as the engine noise decreases. I initially thought it might be a worn-out wheel bearing but during the 40k service, the SA said the bearings are totally fine and he told me it's tire noise! I changed my tires to MRF some months back and have already done 4500km but i've never felt them to be this noisy or infact i can't relate this noise to a tire noise. Can anyone help me out as to what else do i need to check? My car's warranty gets over in December so if there's an issue, I would want to get it fixed before that!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks