Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2015, 14:52   #601
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Hi Guys,

I have purchased a used Wagon R i.,e 2008 VXI variant.

I park the vehicle outside, from last 3 days it was raining heavily, today when I opened the left front door, rain
water was clogged inside near the legs i.,e near the mats and below the seat.

What could be the reason.
Thanks,
Old 24th September 2015, 18:13   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have purchased a used Wagon R i.,e 2008 VXI variant.

I park the vehicle outside, from last 3 days it was raining heavily, today when I opened the left front door, rain
water was clogged inside near the legs i.,e near the mats and below the seat.

What could be the reason.
Thanks,
Hi,

I think its time to give your WagonR's door/window beadings a check. Most probably a worn out beading would be the cause.
Also check if the door and window glass close properly and check out for rusted roof(as you said its a secondhand car).
blueeyed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 21:18   #603
Senior - BHPian

When we are expecting an all new generation WagonR to hit the indian roads?

Any concrete info?
Old 11th January 2016, 14:56   #604
BHPian

Purchased Wagon R VXi AMT in Dec 15. Have done close to 600 Kms so far. A very spacious car and with the ease of AMT in Bangalore's heavy traffic it certainly is a very useful car. The rear bench is the favorite place for the family - it is very comfortable with the right bench height and back rest incline.

Have a few gripes though and wanted to check out with other owners on their experience :

1. The steering seems to be on harder side. I also have an Ertiga and I feel that its steering is more pliant and easy to turn. Not sure if it is right to compare but I do feel it is a bit harder on the Wagon R which is surprising given that it is a much lighter car.

2. Getting persistent rattling noises from left rear of the car. It seems to originate from behind the rear bench on the left side when the car drives over rough/bumpy roads. Any typical issue with rear suspension in the Wagon R ?

Any other Wagon R AMT owner's on the forum ? What sort of mileage are we getting from this ?
Old 11th January 2016, 15:14   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Purchased Wagon R VXi AMT in Dec 15.

Have a few gripes though and wanted to check out with other owners on their experience :

1. The steering seems to be on harder side. I also have an Ertiga and I feel that its steering is more pliant and easy to turn. Not sure if it is right to compare but I do feel it is a bit harder on the Wagon R which is surprising given that it is a much lighter car.

2. Getting persistent rattling noises from left rear of the car. It seems to originate from behind the rear bench on the left side when the car drives over rough/bumpy roads. Any typical issue with rear suspension in the Wagon R ?
Congratulations on the new car. I've a 4 year old Wagon R Vxi ABS and have been happy with it. I was very happy to see this baby come in AGS avatar, so much so that I feel this might be the replacement for my current Wagon R whenever I plan to change it.

Regarding your queries -

1. The steering on my Wagon R has been on the harder side since purchase and I used to think that its like that till I drove 2 different Wagon Rs. One was a LXi and another was a Vxi. Both had very light steering. I'm still unable to understand the reason behind it. The steering has been the same even after replacement of entire steering column. On the other side, the steering of Ritz is super light when compared to Wagon R.

2. The rattle can be due to the rear seat belt latch hitting on the inside of C pillar. My car suffers from a rattle from passenger side due to the seat belt latch hitting the B pillar.

Hope this helps.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 15:15   #606
BANNED

Quote:

I. The seat might not have pushed back correctly after folding it.
Ii. It may be because the seat belt clip hitting the panels.
Iii. May be from incorrectly fixed parcel tray.
Iv. May be from incorrectly fixed speakers on parcel tray.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 15:14   #607
BHPian

Thanks BoneCollector and romeomidhun. Will check out the points mentioned by you.

One suggestion for Maruti. The drive mode labels (M/D/R/N) next to the AMT gear shift should be illuminated all the time. Right now they light up only when parking lights are switched on. In shaded or partially dark places (such as basements) it is difficult to make out the drive mode without switching on the lights. One can see the mode indicated on the OSD but then it is easier if it is illuminated next the gear shift.
Old 13th January 2016, 09:33   #608
BHPian

One query- The car came with NC67L1 music system installed. Does this unit get a remote ? I see an aperture on the facia which looks like a receiver for remote signal.
Old 14th January 2016, 12:59   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any other Wagon R AMT owner's on the forum ? What sort of mileage are we getting from this ?
I bought a Wagon R AMT a week ago and I have this exact same rattling issue from the rear left. The noise is distinctly plasticky so I don't think it's from the suspension. I have ruled out the seat belt and the parcel tray. The split seat is firmly in place as well. I suspect that the plastic panel on the left boot wall is the culprit. Did you manage to identify the issue by any chance?

My car has done just 200 kms so it's too early to comment about the mileage. It's gotta run at least a tankful to get a reliable figure. From what I can make out, I think it should be about 14 to 15 kmpl within the city with the AC on.

Quote:
One query- The car came with NC67L1 music system installed. Does this unit get a remote ? I see an aperture on the facia which looks like a receiver for remote signal.
No remote.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th January 2016 at 13:00.
Old 14th January 2016, 14:56   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I bought a Wagon R AMT a week ago and I have this exact same rattling issue from the rear left. The noise is distinctly plasticky so I don't think it's from the suspension. I have ruled out the seat belt and the parcel tray. The split seat is firmly in place as well. I suspect that the plastic panel on the left boot wall is the culprit. Did you manage to identify the issue by any chance?
Hi Gilead

No - haven't been able to zero in on the culprit. In the process though I discovered that one of the rear seat's seat safety belt receptacle is faulty - it is not able to lock in the safety belt buckle. Ironically there is a big "OK" sticker on the receptacle.

I have also noticed the front is a bit jumpy and causing a few rattles. I had reduced the tire pressure to 32psi (from the insanely high 50 rolling out from the dealer's place) - maybe I should go a bit lower.
Old 14th January 2016, 15:51   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gilead

No - haven't been able to zero in on the culprit. In the process though I discovered that one of the rear seat's seat safety belt receptacle is faulty - it is not able to lock in the safety belt buckle. Ironically there is a big "OK" sticker on the receptacle.

Don't take me wrong but I hope you are trying the correct receptacle. If its the center, lap belt receptacle, the 3 point seatbelt won't lock in it. It has happened with me in early days with Wagon R.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 14th January 2016 at 15:52.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:25   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Don't take me wrong but I hope you are trying the correct receptacle. If its the center, lap belt receptacle, the 3 point seatbelt won't lock in it. It has happened with me in early days with Wagon R.
Thanks Bone Collector for pointing this out. I realized that I was trying to plug in the safety belt into the lap belt receptacle. The correct receptacle had slipped under the seat through its slot.

Rattles continue - I am giving the car for 1st service tomorrow - hopefully will be rattle free when I get it back.
Old 27th January 2016, 15:09   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Did you manage to identify the issue by any chance?
Car came back from its first service. The rear rattling issue seems resolved. They zeroed it down to the MGA installed reverse park assist module not being fixed firmly inside the rear bumper. I could not make out where it is installed but am happy with the rattle going away. Do check for this in case you have opted for this unit.

I am still not happy with the now "muted" rattling coming from the front portion of the underbody. The SA said they have greased all the joints. Will need to keep a watch on it.

I can now report a mileage of 14.6 on a tank-fill to tank-fill basis for this AMT car. How does this compare with manual transmission Wagon R ?
Old 28th January 2016, 12:54   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car came back from its first service. The rear rattling issue seems resolved. They zeroed it down to the MGA installed reverse park assist module not being fixed firmly inside the rear bumper. I could not make out where it is installed but am happy with the rattle going away. Do check for this in case you have opted for this unit.
I don't have the parking module but I managed to fix the rear left rattle by pulling out the boot wall plastic panel and fixing it firmly again. I don't have any other rattles but the other noises are typical for Maruti's build. I doubt anything can be done about them unless you want to add weight by damping the car.

My wife is learning to drive on our Wagon R. She's been mostly driving it in first and second gear at low speeds. The tankful to tankful mileage is 10 kmpl. I believe this would be the worst case scenario mileage.

The TCU overheating warning light came on once when she was repeatedly attempting a "hill assist start". It went away after the engine was switched off for a minute. Do not attempt to make the car crawl uphill in D without accelerator input. This is one corner case that can easily mess up the AMT.

Overall, we love the car. It's nimble, spacious and has great all around visibility. The gear shifts are very smooth and we barely notice them.
Old 29th January 2016, 07:36   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can now report a mileage of 14.6 on a tank-fill to tank-fill basis for this AMT car. How does this compare with manual transmission Wagon R ?
I barely get 12kmpl from my Manual WagonR with AC on about 70% of the time. My commute in the morning is traffic free and on the outer ring road maintaining a constant 70-90kmph and evenings are not that choked, but traffic is there. In that case your car is giving fantastic mileage.

Most Viewed