Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 10:52   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Car came back from its first service. The rear rattling issue seems resolved. They zeroed it down to the MGA installed reverse park assist module not being fixed firmly inside the rear bumper. I could not make out where it is installed but am happy with the rattle going away. Do check for this in case you have opted for this unit.

I am still not happy with the now "muted" rattling coming from the front portion of the underbody. The SA said they have greased all the joints. Will need to keep a watch on it.

I can now report a mileage of 14.6 on a tank-fill to tank-fill basis for this AMT car. How does this compare with manual transmission Wagon R ?
The rattle comes from loose jack and tool kit hitting the boot, the rear seat belt receiver joyfully playing in the boot space and sometimes, when the rear seats are not properly locked. There is a hook between the rear seats and the B-pillar to tug in the seat belts safely but no such thing for the front seat belts. The front belts will continue rattling if you are travelling alone.

Do check for loose wheel liner and mud flaps as a source of rattling. Another rattley part is the plastic surrounding the wiper assembly below the windscreen.

Regarding the FE, I consistently get 15+kmpl within the city with 100% AC. The worst is 13+ when driven with a very heavy foot and extreme traffic conditions. Highways have returned 17.5-18.5 kmpl at +/-100kmph crusing speeds, 100% AC. This is what I have been getting over the past 15k kms.
Old 19th February 2016, 00:44   #617
BHPian

I own a 4 year old Wagon R with the stock battery. The Maruti service advisor has been insisting for over a year now that the battery needs to be replaced immediately but I am still resisting the change. How do I know its time to replace the battery?

When the key is inserted and is one step from cranking the engine, the battery indicator glows till the engine is cranked and running. Does the battery sign glow indicate the life of the battery?
Old 19th February 2016, 02:23   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
I own a 4 year old Wagon R with the stock battery. The Maruti service advisor has been insisting for over a year now that the battery needs to be replaced immediately but I am still resisting the change. How do I know its time to replace the battery?

When the key is inserted and is one step from cranking the engine, the battery indicator glows till the engine is cranked and running. Does the battery sign glow indicate the life of the battery?
My 2004 model Wagon R's battery told me it was dying when it refused to start the car on first crank.
Within a week the car went completely dead.

That was the day I changed the battery.

As long as battery indicator is not on when engine is running, I think you are fine.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 17:33   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Uneven brake pad wear:

I used to take a random look at the brake pads everytime I used to get the wheels aligned and rotated(six months once). All the while, I used to spot them to still have good life left in them though the car had covered 33500kms. In comparison, my SX4 has required brake pad replacement every 15000kms or so.

I got a set of Bosch Brake pads from Amazon and wanted to swap them since I had heard reviews saying that they are soft and have good bite. The TVS girling pads doesnt have good bite and requires considerable force on the pedal to stop, even in slow speeds. And I got the Bosch pads for an unbelievable 260 bucks for a set. Hence, whether or not necessary I wanted a swap

When I opened up the brakes for the swap, I was shocked to find out the condition of the existing pads. They were like this:

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_0020.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_0021.jpg

As seen, the right side pads are heavily worn out compared to the left side. The outer pad on the right side is nearly dead compared to the inner pad. The left side has a near fresh looking outer pad and slightly worn out inner pad.

I was surprised to see this. Is this normal? Or are the calipers on the left not working properly? Braking doesnt cause any drag to the right which should happen if the right side is braking more. If not how can the right ones wear out so much whereas the left pads are still so good? I recently serviced the car in february and even then the SA did not point out to the worn out pad and told it will go on till the next service. I came to notice this just because I got the bosch pads. To add to this, there is no wear indicator on these brake pads. My SX4 had metal ends that would scrub against the disc and create a squeal to indicate that the pads are worn. Nothing of that sort on these. These are the new bosch pads:

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_0025.jpg

Supposedly soft and gives better biting. I think this will wear out faster, but for the price paid, I would be okay replacing the brake pads every 5k kms, as long as it gives good braking performance. Havent used the car much since its a weekend, but initial impression is good except for a humming noise they make when braking from speed.

Last edited by audioholic : 9th April 2016 at 17:35.
Old 18th April 2016, 14:28   #620
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The IRVM in our new WagonR (review is here) is way too short, so looking at some alternatives.
Are any other Maruti cars' stock IRVM compatible for a direct replacement ? Appreciate your inputs on this.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:32   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded the tyres on their WagonR (preferably VXi)? I am looking at upgraded the stock 155/65 R14 spec tyres to 175/65 R14 and I am worried about the tyres scrapping the wheel wells. So has anyone done such mods (on stock wheels)?

Also, among the makes, which one is preferable: Yoko A-Drives, Michelin XM2 or Falken Sincera? The priorities are a plush ride, much better dry and wet grips and not being prone to punctures. I'm okay with slightly less tyre life if it comes as a trade off.
Old 25th May 2016, 09:12   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The IRVM in our new WagonR (review is here) is way too short, so looking at some alternatives.
Are any other Maruti cars' stock IRVM compatible for a direct replacement ? Appreciate your inputs on this.
I had a similar opinion about my swift's IVRM (2005 model). I picked up a local one from an accessory shop that clips on the existing IVRM. Been using it for 11 years without any issues.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 11:31   #623
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I had a similar opinion about my swift's IVRM (2005 model). I picked up a local one from an accessory shop that clips on the existing IVRM. Been using it for 11 years without any issues.
Thanks!
Is this clip-on type mirror a Day/Night mirror ? That would be a nice and simple fix then
Old 25th May 2016, 11:44   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks!
Is this clip-on type mirror a Day/Night mirror ? That would be a nice and simple fix then
No it is not. My swift did not have a day/night mirror, so for me, it was a simple fix.
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:05   #625
E63
BANNED

I do not really know whether to post this in the Ignis thread or here, so here it goes.

Considering the fact that the WagonR was launched in 2010, that makes it 6 and a quarter years old, and the competitors(Eon, Kwid and Redigo, I'm looking at you) have pushed the game forward in the tallboy design philosophy, while still managing to undercut the wagonR.

So is a replacement due? Is Ignis going to be the replacement? Was ccelerio meant to be the replacement?
E63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:50   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
So is a replacement due? Is Ignis going to be the replacement? Was ccelerio meant to be the replacement?
Ignis was to replace Ritz, not Wagon-R. Wagon-R is consistently selling > 10K a month (and is in top 5 in terms of sales), why would MSIL ever think of replacing it?

Only thing it missed was an automatic option (as opposed to say i10), which has been covered by plonking an AMT box.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:56   #627
E63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Ignis was to replace Ritz, not Wagon-R. Wagon-R is consistently selling > 10K a month (and is in top 5 in terms of sales), why would MSIL ever think of replacing it?

Only thing it missed was an automatic option (as opposed to say i10), which has been covered by plonking an AMT box.
Fair enough. But isn't a WagonR replacement due anytime soon, considering its been 6 years since the WagonR launched. Also, what could it be?

Last edited by manson : 23rd September 2016 at 20:22.
Old 22nd June 2016, 19:32   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Considering the fact that the WagonR was launched in 2010, that makes it 6 and a quarter years old, and the competitors(Eon, Kwid and Redigo, I'm looking at you) have pushed the game forward in the tallboy design philosophy, while still managing to undercut the wagonR.

I hope when you said launched in 2010, you meant WagonR with K-Series engine (1.0L). WagoanR (1.1L ,16 Valve, 4 Cylinder) were launched way back somewhere around 2000.
Also, I don't think WagonR will be replaced by Ignis, nor the Celerio was meant to be the replacement of WagaonR. WagaonR, Alto-k10, Celerio, all have same 1L engine (but different chassis) and all are selling in good numbers. In fact, Celerio was the replacement of A-Star and Zen Estilo, both of them had same 1L engine, but were not generating much numbers for Maruti. I think Ignis will be a class above WagonR and meant to be more premium and with a new platform.
Blue_Pearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:42   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fair enough.

But isnt a WagonR replacement due anytime soon, considering its been 6 years since the WagonR launched. Also, what could it be?
Actually the current WagonR is too long in the tooth. It is high time for Maruti to come up with an all new gen.

Now but the point is that they (read Maruti) is not too concerned with its aging just because of the fact that no other small car offers as much practicality as the WagonR does.

Combined with factory fitted CNG variant, it makes one heck of a small family city car even for those who have a segment higher car for highway runs.

I am myself awaiting for the all new WagonR to show up so that I can replace my WagonR with just another WagonR!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:52   #630
E63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
I hope when you said launched in 2010, you meant WagonR with K-Series engine (1.0L). WagoanR (1.1L ,16 Valve, 4 Cylinder) were launched way back somewhere around 2000.
Also, I don't think WagonR will be replaced by Ignis, nor the Celerio was meant to be the replacement of WagaonR. WagaonR, Alto-k10, Celerio, all have same 1L engine (but different chassis) and all are selling in good numbers. In fact, Celerio was the replacement of A-Star and Zen Estilo, both of them had same 1L engine, but were not generating much numbers for Maruti. I think Ignis will be a class above WagonR and meant to be more premium and with a new platform.
Yes. I meant the current one. The one launched in 2010, and the one whose Team-BHP review was done on 23rd of April, 2010. The one in whose thread we all are participating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Actually the current WagonR is too long in the tooth. It is high time for Maruti to come up with an all new gen.

Now but the point is that they (read Maruti) is not too concerned with its aging just because of the fact that no other small car offers as much practicality as the WagonR does.

Combined with factory fitted CNG variant, it makes one heck of a small family city car even for those who have a segment higher car for highway runs.

I am myself awaiting for the all new WagonR to show up so that I can replace my WagonR with just another WagonR!
Exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking of getting an Alto K10, but then I thought that the WagonR offers more practicability and a higher ground clearance(was wrong about this one, though 165 for wagonR vs 160 for k10, hardly a difference).
Then I decided to check the official Team-BHP review and was shocked to find out that the Wagon is already 6 and a quarter years old, and no test mules or rumours of a new model coming.

Last edited by manson : 23rd September 2016 at 20:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks