Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2014, 21:35   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

It is most probably wheel bearing noise. That is the most likely culprit here. Get a second opinion from another dealer before warranty expires.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 09:18   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
It is most probably wheel bearing noise. That is the most likely culprit here. Get a second opinion from another dealer before warranty expires.
Going to Popular MASS today. I infact checked the noise again yesterday. It kicks in noticeably at around 45 - 50kmph and keeps increasing and post 80kmph the noise was much more prominent. And another thing that i forgot to add is at these speeds, the vibrations in the driver footwell/footboard is much more than before. Hope they too agree to listening to this noise! Will update as soon as i get the test drive done.

Cheers
Old 25th November 2014, 14:26   #558
BHPian

Maruti Wagon R XRest Spied

The Wagon R XRest that was showcased at the Auto Expo this year was spied here in India. Looks like the car is at the brink of its launch.

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/11/car...d-launch-soon/

Source : MotorBeam

Note : Pics below are taken from the internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-marutiwagonrxrestfrontthreequarters.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-marutisuzukiwagonrxrest-3.jpg  

Last edited by karzzexped : 25th November 2014 at 14:27. Reason: To provide the necessary copyright
karzzexped is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 15:09   #559
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Wagon R XRest Spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzzexped View Post
Looks like the car is at the brink of its launch.
Not really. A spotting of this decked up WagonR on public roads doesn't necessarily hint towards a launch. It could just be that the expo WagonR has been put on official duty by Maruti.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 15:18   #560
BHPian

Re: Maruti Wagon R XRest Spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not really. A spotting of this decked up WagonR on public roads doesn't necessarily hint towards a launch. It could just be that the expo WagonR has been put on official duty by Maruti.
Oh I am not aware of this. Thanks though.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:35   #561
BHPian

Guys, any idea how much the tail lamp cluster costs for Wagon-R? My father's Wagon-R was hit by a two-wheeler from behind last night and the tail lamp now sports multiple cracks. The bulbs are working fine but I guess the outer casing needs to be replaced..

Last edited by satan's_valet : 23rd December 2014 at 11:37. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 6th January 2015, 08:29   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

My little less than 3 year old Wagon R (13650KMS) had a lot of steering shuddering and some noise coming from RHS front. The first visit was in May for the same issue. I told them that the steering has some issue which they rejected and said its something else. That time, they replaced the front strut mountings but the noise persisted. I again took it to them in June wherein they detected it to be damaged front swing arms which I asked them to replace under extended warranty. But the noise and shuddering persisted. I was able to feel the shuddering and noise but not them. The car made another visit in August wherein the steering assembly was opened and found to have water inside it due to broken seal. There was some damage also but they said that it did not warrant any change and noise will go. Alas it did not solve the issue. So I gave a nice feedback to Maruti citing all the issues and how they've failed to resolve it inspite of pointing the fault. This Sunday I took it again to the workshop and literally threatened them that if they don't solve it this time, I might end up taking some legal action. So they took trials and started work. The steering assembly was replaced under warranty. The RHS swing arm was changed out of warranty(it was damaged in about 6 months time). After everything was done, we went out for trial. Steering noise had vanished but there is some khat khat sound still persisting so they again tried to find it. In all probability its one of the engine mounts. Due to lack of time, I could not pursue the matter. Will send it for repairs later. Another thing that was found that the coil inside the steering (airbag module?) was broken due to incorrect fitting on previous attempt at correcting the centering of steering. As its not available, a demand order was put for it. I have categorically ruled out paying a penny for it as it was not my fault for breaking it. They said they'll look into it. I hope things get resolved soon. My trust with Maruti is going down. Moreover, as pointed out in another thread, service is not cheap. But reason is not costly spare parts rather parts that do not last. A swing arm not lasting for about 6months (2500KMS) doesn't inspire confidence.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th January 2015 at 08:43.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:00   #563
BHPian

Why... why the blue thingy? who came up with that and that blue eyed boy campaign? and how does a blue go with a red color, or a beige? if you had to stick colors there, at least give options! Although I didn't choose the Waggy, I still have a soft corner for it. But seriously! Blue? I mean.. how!
Old 10th March 2015, 18:15   #564
Senior - BHPian

Okay, not many people would be interested in a drive I had in a Wagon R as most you guys must have driven it, but this was my first time for such a long distance driving a Wagon R from Mumbai to Lonavala, it was a 2013 LXI Petrol version of it. I had driven one before but it was in city traffic from Andheri to Autocar's office in Parel in heavy traffic, so never got a chance to understand the car.

NVH is fantastic. I was driving on the expressway many a times touching a 15-20 kilometers north of 3 digit speeds and absolutely no engine noise at all. Not the right comparison but in the Swift D you can hear the engine quite evidently at these speeds. Was quite impressed with how controlled NVH was

You can easily cruise north of 100 all day long, the tough part comes when you slow down and have to pickup speed again. A gear or two downshift is in order, but still once meat of the power band (3000 rpm plus), it accelerates quite well. I am guessing the engine rpm here as there was no tachometer.

Space is ample for 4 people, AC is quite good too. For a small family who hits the highway occasionally, this is perfect.

The headlight was F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. Superb throw, illuminates the road quite well. My Swift's headlight is not even half as good. The Wagon R I was driving was running on stock bulbs. If it had 90/100's, there would be daylight in front of the car.

Gearshifts were okay too, they are not precise as a Swift's but they are not very vague too. You can get used to it in no time.

For Tall people, the headroom is phenomenal, also you will never feel claustrophobic in a Wagon R. There is ample glass area.

Interiors are all right. They are functional. The car had 42 thousand kilometers on it and there were no rattles. This is a lady driven car and she is not that careful over potholes, still it was holding up well.

Negatives:

Tyres are too puny for the speeds this thing is capable of. An upgrade is a must.

Handling is very very edgy. Fun for the city, but at highway speeds like the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, you need to be constantly attentive. The Tall boy designs attracts a lot of cross wind directional changes too. Also, I realized, a Wagon R does not have a stabilizer bar nor an Anti Roll bar in the front. I guess this makes the handling too sensitive at high speeds as there is nothing except the steering damper to hold you back.

Should have an adjustable steering, I know I know that's asking for too much in a car of this range, but I am 5.8 tall and still I found the steering too below my hand kinds. I would have liked it a bit up, 6 feet plus people will have to get used to a different steering position while driving in this one.

Looks, not a fan of the boxy design, no offensive to Wagon R owners but I am a 28 year old guy and looks of a car do hold a high mark in my criteria, I would probably prefer a Celerio when it came to looks.

Would I recommend someone to buy one ?: Yes definitely, before I was surprised how does Maruti manage to sell so many thousands a month of these, now I know. Its definitely a good buy.

Last edited by humyum : 10th March 2015 at 18:17.
humyum is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 21:21   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
NVH is fantastic. I was driving on the expressway many a times touching a 15-20 kilometers north of 3 digit speeds and absolutely no engine noise at all. Not the right comparison but in the Swift D you can hear the engine quite evidently at these speeds. Was quite impressed with how controlled NVH was
NVH is horrible for a petrol motor. Its almost at par with my ex M800 which again was a 3 pot motor.

Quote:
Negatives:

Should have an adjustable steering, I know I know that's asking for too much in a car of this range, but I am 5.8 tall and still I found the steering too below my hand kinds. I would have liked it a bit up, 6 feet plus people will have to get used to a different steering position while driving in this one.
Vxi comes with tilt steering .ie. can be adjusted for rake but not for reach.

Quote:
Would I recommend someone to buy one ?: Yes definitely, before I was surprised how does Maruti manage to sell so many thousands a month of these, now I know. Its definitely a good buy.
WagonR is a real VFM buy.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 21:42   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the K10 is quite refined, but I did not get a chance to drive my rental WagonR over 90 kmph on Goa roads. But the F10 that I own does not score well on the NVH front at triple digit speeds.

Quote:
You can easily cruise north of 100 all day long, the tough part comes when you slow down and have to pickup speed again. A gear or two downshift is in order, but still once meat of the power band (3000 rpm plus), it accelerates quite well. I am guessing the engine rpm here as there was no tachometer.
Yes, the K10 sucks at low RPMs, unlke the F10. But the K10 excels at higher RPMs.

Quote:
Gearshifts were okay too, they are not precise as a Swift's but they are not very vague too. You can get used to it in no time.
The gearshift is miles ahead of the F10's. The old Waggie had the worst gear-shift among all cars from the Maruti stable.

BTW, I agree with all the negatives .
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 08:38   #567
BHPian

Well. I just tranported a huge washing machine in a 2005 model wagon R. This thing is incredibly practical. I wish Maruti launches a similar vehicle in a larger size with bigger captain seats.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 12:33   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Well. I just tranported a huge washing machine in a 2005 model wagon R. This thing is incredibly practical. I wish Maruti launches a similar vehicle in a larger size with bigger captain seats.
Agree 100%.
I managed to squeeze in a 4-seater dining table (after removing the glass top) plus 4 chairs!
That is the level of flexibility & practicality this car offers. And the reason why I dont feel like selling it off after 8.5 years of ownership.
Old 11th March 2015, 17:12   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
NVH is horrible for a petrol motor. Its almost at par with my ex M800 which again was a 3 pot motor.
Hey, I somehow liked the NVH of the Wagon R. As in for a 3 pot, yes I was expecting a little vibrations at idle from the gear lever and a little feeler from the floor, but that was about it. The NVH of this car I could live with forever. Maybe I had my expectations set no so high.
Old 31st March 2015, 23:31   #570
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone installed a fender mirror (like that on the Fortuner) on your WagonR. Judging the left side is a bit tricky thanks to the short sloping bonnet. On my M800, I knew where every square inch of the car stood. Not so with the Waggy.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-frontfendermirror.jpg  

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2015 at 23:37.

Most Viewed