Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 13:38   #1

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.

Hi,

I bought my Ritz Zxi (Silver colour) in October 2009 after a lot of discussion and after reading through the suggestions and advice on this site. I have not regretted the decision. I opted for the silver colour as I wanted the shape to stand out. Darker colours mask the shape completely.

Why did I buy Ritz??

1. Being my first car and a new driver, I wanted to buy car from the Maruti stable as the servicing costs in case of any problem would be less.
2. The maruti service station is just 5 min drive from my house.
3. I wanted a fanily car with a tall boy look.
So, I had to chose from Wagon R, Ritz and Santro.
4. Santro and Wagon R are old models and I wanted something new and eye catching. Ritz does turn some heads on the road even if they are for the kickin hatchback.
5. I am a firm believer in techonlogy which also says Newer is better! so Ritz fitted the bill.
6. The test drive did not yield any good decision making points as being a new driver I could not make a lots of conclusions about body roll, feedback from the engine etc.
7. Though maruti is known for its low quality plastic interiors, the Ritz defied that rule.
8. I loved the shape of the Ritz.

Ownership review: 8000 kms till now

The car is excellent VFM.
Its travelled more than 8000 kms in the last 7 months.
The interiors are roomy and excellent for a family of 4-5.
The suspension is good .
The space for baggage in the rear is sufficient to accomodate 2 small suitcases or one large one.
The reardoor (hatch) does open towards your face and so one needs to stay at a arms length while opening the hatch.
A pillars significantly mask your side vision.
Being a tall boy car, the level of the passenger seating is almost at the same level as passengers in Honda CRv or Innova.
The Best part of the car is the Engine. Its super silent.
In fact one does not hear any engine noise. Its the tyre and the AC fan noise which is audible.
There is evident body roll which can be scary at times for a new passenger but one does get used to it eventually.
Its travelled 8000 kms without any problems.
The mileage I get on the highway is around 12.5-13 km/L (sometimes higher) and 11 kms/L in bumper to bumper traffic. I think the mileage would be even better as I get better in driving.
The pick up is great except that one needs to go in gear 3 to have faster picks on ascents.

The only bad point of the car is that the body of the car around the tyres bulges out and so is prone for grazing with other cars especially on crowded roads.
I am pleased to see the number of Rtiz increasing on the road day by day.
Ameya
Old 26th April 2010, 14:30   #2
BHPian

Short and sweet review. Agree with all the points you mentioned in your review. Have you changed the tyres ? What all accessories have you added? Post some pics of your car please. Keep updating the thread with ownership experiences.
Wishing you many many Happy miles with your Ritz.

Enjoy, Drive safe .
Old 26th April 2010, 23:23   #3

HI,

No. I did not get the tyres changed as suggested on this site. I do feel that the tyre noise is more especially on rough roads. But thats not much of a problem for me. May change the tyres in the future.
I did not get any extra accessories except the mats, seat covers and reverse parking sensor. As mine was a ZXI version, most of the accessories were provided.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ameya .
yes Ritz surely is a good car to own, i also own a Ritz buts its DDIS.
Post some pictures .
Enjoy
Cheers
Old 26th June 2010, 13:19   #5

Pictures of my Ritz Zxi

Photos clicked with my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-001.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-005.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-007.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-008.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-017.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-018.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-019.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-022.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-picture-027.jpg  

Old 18th September 2010, 20:19   #6

11 month Ownership review

Hi,

Ritzie going great guns!
Its travelled around 15000 kms till date (in last 11 months). The FE is around 13-14 km/L and lesser in bumper to bumper traffic. The engine is still silent but there is some crackling from the doors though its minimal. Its has had minor scratches on the sides due to brushing with other beauties on the road.
The ride quality is still good.
Sai service delivers excellent service, though its not very cheap.
Its serviced now at 15k kms with an AMC for 2 years (costing Rs 10500/-). I get it serviced regularly so that its well maintained without any breakdowns..
Loading some photos when we went to Matheran. The ride to matheran was smooth and the car behaved beautifully in the ghats.
Bye
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5598.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5604.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5596.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5590_our-lovely-ritz.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5591.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5594.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5593.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5592.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5595.jpg  

Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now.-dscn5601.jpg  

Old 18th September 2010, 20:39   #7
BHPian

drameya, nice to see a well kept Ritz there. You are one proud Ritz owner. Have you experienced any rattling issues yet? Isn't a Mileage of 11/14 a bit on the lower side for Ritz? Have you tried polishing your car?
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:05   #8

I am just starting to get some rattle from the backdoors. The service guys fixed it up by doing some padding. Buts its very minimal.
The mileage varies on the traffic conditions in the city: ranges from 12 to 15kms/L. I am pretty happy with that considering the fact that some of my friends get 12-13 from the Desires. I guess its a lot to do with driving skills as well. Better drivers may derive better mileage.
I have not polished the car recently. I guess that photos look a bit dull as I had to reduce their pixels for uploading them (upper limit of 1MB on each jpg image). But I will get it polished in my next servicing of 20K.
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:23   #9
BHPian

I am interested in buying the Ritz. But the only thing that puts me off is the blue dashboard and fabrics. No offense to the owners, but it personally reminds me of railway seats.

I just wanted to know if there is an option (black,gray) for dashboard atleast across any variant?
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
I am interested in buying the Ritz. But the only thing that puts me off is the blue dashboard and fabrics. No offense to the owners, but it personally reminds me of railway seats.

I just wanted to know if there is an option (black,gray) for dashboard atleast across any variant?
The Lxi variant comes with a black grey combination. I too hate that blue grey combo on the Vxi and Zxi trims. You will have to live with the blue fabrics though, or else get a seat cover installed.
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post

Only white, blue, black and silver colored ZXi variants come with blue color dashboard. All the other colors (green, red, grey, chocolate) in all the variants (be it ZXi, VXi or LXi) come in your favorite combination of dashboard colors.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:06   #12
BHPian

Great reviews buddy. I echo the same opinions that you have shared, Ive just completed 7000 kms. Highways drives fetch me 18km and city drives give me 13-15km....

I had my tyres rotated during my second service. Any idea if this is followed across?. Also when should the next rotation / wheel alignment be done.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Great reviews buddy. I echo the same opinions that you have shared, Ive just completed 7000 kms. Highways drives fetch me 18km and city drives give me 13-15km....

I had my tyres rotated during my second service. Any idea if this is followed across?. Also when should the next rotation / wheel alignment be done.
Great,You are getting a very good FE. Tyres should be rotated every 5000km. Wheel alignment/balancing is usually done whenever you feel any drag/wobble.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Great,You are getting a very good FE. Tyres should be rotated every 5000km. Wheel alignment/balancing is usually done whenever you feel any drag/wobble.
I guess the usual practice is to rotate and do the balancing + alignment every 5k kms .
cheers
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Why is the ABS sticker missing on the hatch door(below ZXi decal)? Or is the sticker not visible because of the camera?

Most Viewed