Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 13:11   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
At the end, 256 kms with 17.23L of diesel giving 14.86kpl. A little disappointing!

I have not filled the tank after yesterday's mad drive!
what a coincidence. On my last tank fill i did around 470km on highway and 70 km in city. Around 300km odd on highway was done over the last week with sedate driving at speeds around 90. Some part was much faster with gear changes at uptp 3K rpm. After doing around 350 km the fuel needle was still above haft tank mark. But yesterday afternoon i got stuck in traffic at kollam city for around 45 min and had to reach my home at Haripad REAL FAST. Did that stretch is 30 min flat. RPM was constantly above 2500 mark some times even very close to the red line.

At night on my way back i drove into the Reliance Pump at Karunagappally and she took in 36.5 litres after doing 540 km on the trip meter. ie. 14.8 km/l nowhere close to what i was expecting. I guess its the last leg run that drank most of the diesel.

So my Figo gets her first fill of Reliance Diesel. It surely has a different smell than the normal BP one that i fill from the COCO pump. Lets see what else is in store.
Old 10th July 2010, 13:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I will continue from below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1975820

Well, to start the week was a harthal day - no school. But she did have tution in the morning. Since there could be trouble for using a car on that day, the Marina was used for the tution run which was thankfully uneventful.

To add to the differences, she did not have her morning tuition after Wednesday and neither did she have her entrance coaching classes on Saturday (today).

So only a total of 292km was run and the Figo drank 17.72L of diesel to give a 16.48kpl figure.

My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_241_242.jpg

So another calculation: the odometer 292 plus the DTE 468 is 760 which divided by 45 gives 16.88 and so is close.

For now I am stopping this pre planned controlled environment checking of fuel efficiency and reverting to normal checks.

Conclusion: The Figo could be a little less efficient comapred to Manza in town runs, but can match Manza in the other runs.

I forgot to check the DTE figures after the fillup. Will update later.
Old 19th July 2010, 18:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Forgot to update about the first service here.

05/06/2010 - Rs 1285. The washer fluid pouch was superfluous as the washer was not at all used until then.

Washer fluid pouch was Rs 51.62, the oil filter Rs 318.25 and the oil 4L @ Rs 192.67, vat 12.5%

I did not notice the 4L until I was back. Next time I have to fight to reduce the excess 0.2L charged to me.

Here goes:

My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-figofirstservicechecklist_medium.jpg

The bill given to me itself was poor. Scanning it and change of resolution worsened it.
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-figofirstserviceinvoice_medium.jpg

Customer lounge:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_161.jpg

Waiting for its turn:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_146.jpg

Inside the service area:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_147.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_149.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_154.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_156.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_159.jpg

Not my car:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_163.jpg

Oil before and after service (after 60kms):
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_145_186.jpg
Old 8th August 2010, 13:45   #94
Senior - BHPian

I really dont know how to put this in words...We all have lost trrk.

He passed away yesterday morning at his residence at Alleppey, Kerala.

Dr.T.R Rajesh Kumar, 52 was a Medical Doctor by profession but ended up handling his Garment Business in Alleppey. I personally knew him from PUG (Palio Users Group) where he was very active even though he never owned a FIAT car during the time he spent on the group. It was just his love for cars that had brought him to the group. Dr.trrk had been instrumental in distributing the PUG stickers to members all over India without accepting to take any recognition for the same. He always used to brush aside accolades and thanks by asking them to thank Late.Mr.Neeraj Paranjappe who had taken the initiative to design and distribute the very first lot of PUG stickers. A very humble man who really demonstrated the philosophy of PUG...the philosophy of "Selfless Giving".

His love for cars can be seen in his threads here on the City (the one he sold), the Marina, and recent Manza and Figo. I really dont think many of us out here take the pain to note down and share details so meticulously. I'm sure we all would miss all those updates that were supposed to come in on these threads.

There is this picture in my mind that would never be clicked in real. A picture of a brigade of Fiats with a Squeeze Figo and Colarodo Red Figo on both ends with the paddy fields in the background. This was a picture we had planned to take during the next Kerala PUG meet that was to be held sometime by the end of this month. This is a picture that would now never be taken. adieu friend. we would all miss you...forever.

May god bless your soul and give your family the strength the deal with the loss. Adieu.

EDIT: His obituary thread is here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2016548

Last edited by gemithomas : 8th August 2010 at 13:58.
Old 8th August 2010, 14:57   #95
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed