Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 17:54   #46
BHPian

Congrats on your new VW. How was your overall experience? Which dealership did you buy it from?

And last but not least, do post some nice pictures. Cheers!
Old 9th May 2010, 09:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Red Polo. Do post more pics.

By the way what was the waiting period when you got your car delivered. Have been reading a lot about production constraints/issues for VW.
Hey Krishna, will definitely do. Was getting all those accessories done for my car. Sun film, seat covers etc. Luckily, I can get an arm rest done as well. Have ordered for it, once it arrives will get the whole thing together and let the pics do the talking. Need 3-4 days for that.
Seems like there have been some issues in production. My VIN ends with 1545, so wondering if mine was 1545th car of polo's production. Not sure, but the supply does not match the demand for now. I waited close to 2+ months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
Hi Laxminarayan

Congrats. You've got a stunning looker there. It's amazing in the red shade.

A quick question. I heard that the Polo's rear legroom is nothing to write home about. I saw that you had turned down Swift only due to it's poor legroom. Is the Polo's rear legroom better than Swift? Would like to get the feel from someone who uses the vehicle.

How noisy is the 3pot, does it have a nice exhaust note or does it sound like a clatter?
Like I've written in the review as well, the polo's legroom is not great, but it's just sufficient. I'm 6ft tall and I can seat at the back as well at the driving position. So it's just ok. But for sure, much better than the swift.
The 3 pot engine is definitely noisy when compared to the K series, kappas and the honda's. Initially when you start it definitely sounds like diesel, but after a while it feels it doesn't sound much (may be u get used to it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Congratulations! It sure looks attractive.
Hey Thanks :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Congrats on your new VW. How was your overall experience? Which dealership did you buy it from?

And last but not least, do post some nice pictures. Cheers!
I got it from VW downtown. Have put my dealer experience in the review.
Like I said, next time when I post, will have more pictures of interiors and accessories.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 9th May 2010, 10:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations once again Lakshmi! Waiting for the details on MID.
I also stay in Bannerghatta road near Arekere gate. Hope to see your Polo passing by - some time!

Keen to have a look at the arm rest. Please go through the following attachment. Looks interesting - UK Polo has great options.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf polo-v-brochure - UK.pdf (2.78 MB, 868 views)
Old 10th May 2010, 21:42   #49
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
. My VIN ends with 1545, so wondering if mine was 1545th car of polo's production. Not sure, but the supply does not match the demand for now. I waited close to 2+ months.
AFAIK it is the running serial number of the cars built this year in the plant. So you can say it is the 1545th VW car built in the Chakan plant this year.
Old 10th May 2010, 21:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
AFAIK it is the running serial number of the cars built this year in the plant. So you can say it is the 1545th VW car built in the Chakan plant this year.
Indeed your car is 1545th VW polo built at chakan. Mine in 1000th.
Old 11th May 2010, 10:21   #51
BHPian

hey anyone has any idea about when are they gonna launch the 1.6 petrol version?

the 17" 5 spoke alloys are awesome but the size of tyre is 215/40 R17 (something like that) i am not expert in tyres but i think this will significantly affect ride quality?
Old 11th May 2010, 17:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
hey anyone has any idea about when are they gonna launch the 1.6 petrol version?

the 17" 5 spoke alloys are awesome but the size of tyre is 215/40 R17 (something like that) i am not expert in tyres but i think this will significantly affect ride quality?
I doubt they would currently release 1.6 petrol version with the hatch. I think they would release it with their sedan version.
17 inch 5 spoke alloy for a sedan or a hatch is a dream in India. That's the european version. I'm happy that I got 15 inch 185/60 where in a lot of sedans and comparable hatches still give a 14 inch and 175/65
Old 11th May 2010, 19:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Laxmi, Any feedback on Polo's ground clearance on Bangalore humps.
Old 12th May 2010, 10:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

Indian 1.6 Petrol version will have R15 size wheels as in other Polo highline in India. IMO R17 with thin tyres will not be good for our roads. May be launched in the 4th quarter.

You can get details on the VW official Indian website.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 12th May 2010 at 11:00.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the POLO!
The fit and finish seems miles ahead the competition.
Drive safe
Old 13th May 2010, 15:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Congrats on getting the POLO!
The fit and finish seems miles ahead the competition.
Drive safe
Thanks, yes, you can indeed sense the quality & Fit and Finish when you just get into the car :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Laxmi, Any feedback on Polo's ground clearance on Bangalore humps.
I'm happy to say that I've driven on most of the roads possible in Bangalore and a little bit on the outskirts, the car has never scraped any road humps (unlike my previous city) even with 4 people in the car. So, the 168 mm of GC is pretty good enough.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Excellent. Feels relieved to hear this. Nothing more heart breaking for me than a new car scrapping the bottom .The Figo I test drove was literally hugging the road with 5 people on board. Luckily no major humps on the road where I test drove.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:05   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Luckily, I can get an arm rest done as well. Have ordered for it, once it arrives will get the whole thing together and let the pics do the talking. Need 3-4 days for that.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Hey

Any luck on the arm rest?
Also wanted to check if this is something you're getting from the company or from outside? And of course the $$ involved, if possible.

Thanks
Siddharth

Last edited by Sidkapur30 : 13th May 2010 at 19:07. Reason: incorperating another question
Old 13th May 2010, 19:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hey Laxmi,
Saw your red hot polo parked @ campus' parking lot couple of days back.
Looks sweeeet!!
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 12th June 2010, 17:44   #60
BHPian

I wonder where are the POLO owners, its been ages to get reply from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks