Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:56   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Laxmi, How do you find the seating comfort of the driver. I found my left leg slightly brushing with the dash. Also accelerator was slipping below my feet. The road visibility also is poor compared to Figo.
I find the seating comfort to be ok. What is missing is probably the "Arm rest" on the left. Otherwise, I drive with adjusting the driver seat height adjustment to "High". With this, I'm fine and there's no problem. I'm 6 ft tall.
I drove around for 150kms yesterday and after having driven the city ZX vtec, I had mixed feelings in this car. This is not as smooth as honda, but feels really planted on the road. (Probably Punto would be much more better). But I liked the drive and was happy about it. The rear view (visibility) is a problem and hence removed the head rests of the rear seats. Now it feels a bit better. Otherwise, I was revving between 1500-3000 rpm and was easily doing 80-100kph. The avg fuel consumption was in the range of 17-18 kmpl. For now, I'm happy, but still need to learn on those MID. Unfortunately the sales guy was not able to help here, will try and figure it out and mention the details here later.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:24   #32
@ri
BHPian

Me got to drive the car and just loved it specially the front air dam looks menacing! Want to drive it again after it has crossed the 1K mark as well.
I'm surprised though on the lack of Aux!!! 'cmon the others are plocking in USB with iPOD connectivity as well! VW should have done better in this!

abt the Throaty ness... I actually like it. Good to make yourself heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
OT: Do you perchance work in the organization in EPIP, whitefield where the transport shuttle timings are 5 & 7 in the evening?
hehe.. looks like many know the shuttle timings
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:38   #33
BHPian

Hey laxmi how is the music system ? Do u find it better than the Figo's ? And also do u find a contrast between the red lights on the instrument panel and the blue light on the music system ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Me got to drive the car and just loved it specially the front air dam looks menacing! Want to drive it again after it has crossed the 1K mark as well.
I'm surprised though on the lack of Aux!!! 'cmon the others are plocking in USB with iPOD connectivity as well! VW should have done better in this!

abt the Throaty ness... I actually like it. Good to make yourself heard.

hehe.. looks like many know the shuttle timings
Yup, you can definitely figure it out after 1K. About the shuttle timings, it's kind of unique and people can get to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Hey laxmi how is the music system ? Do u find it better than the Figo's ? And also do u find a contrast between the red lights on the instrument panel and the blue light on the music system ?
Music system is average. Didn't know the blue light on the music system. Will check, other wise the red lights on the instrument panel really looks cool.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:12   #35

Hey Lakshmi

Congrats on your purchase!!! The car looks awesome especially in Red.
The VW Polo has got a tremendous response.
I was recently in Dehradun, VW has opened up a new showroom there and already they have got about 65 bookings.

Though it is still very early to gauge the after salmes service, how was you over all buying experience?
I read in some forums that it is not that good as it should be, might be one of case.

Thanks,
Raman
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

The mileage is extraordinary. 17-18Kmpl avg is diesel territory. The 3 pot engine showing the true colors there.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:47   #37
BHPian

wooohoooohooohoooo(intel advert style)sweeeeeeet!!!!! i hope i get sorta economy from my to be polo.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Laxminarayan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
No my dear friend !! no mistake at all, In the current market cars priced less than 14lacs i think Polo looks the best and second would be the Punto.

Honda City looks good except the front portion. If that can be fixed may be it will climb to second position in my sub 14 lacs list. Beyond 14 lacs i guess nothing comes close to a Civic. To be more specific Civic with a Mugen-Si kit this is the one i am talking about Honda Civic - Car Photo Gallery

Dude, no offence meant, looks are highly subjective.
No offense, but I never though that looks will be so subjective

I thought Highline has the chrome strip like the one seen in pic below.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, the red beauty comes home, yes, it’s a VW Polo - Highline-1.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 15:53   #39
BHPian

Saw your car today in the campus parking lot. It has a head-turning presence and a lot of people were having a second look at your car . My car was parked in the opposite row

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 6th May 2010 at 15:54.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:18   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Red Polo. Do post more pics.

By the way what was the waiting period when you got your car delivered. Have been reading a lot about production constraints/issues for VW.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The mileage is extraordinary. 17-18Kmpl avg is diesel territory. The 3 pot engine showing the true colors there.
Yes. 3 pots are supposed to be more fuel efficient.

In fact I loved the harshness and the exhaust noise/music. You feel like you are driving something manly. The Honda's are too silent, don't give me the kick. Here's a link on how other auto majors too are working on 3pots.

Breaking News: Mercedes-Benz and Bmw working on three-cylinder petrol engines
Old 7th May 2010, 16:02   #42
BHPian

Hi Laxminarayan

Congrats. You've got a stunning looker there. It's amazing in the red shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post

1)Suzuki Swift:- Basically I love the Suzuki swift VDI. But I somehow don’t like the rear legroom. It feels like cramped. This was the sole reason to dump this.
A quick question. I heard that the Polo's rear legroom is nothing to write home about. I saw that you had turned down Swift only due to it's poor legroom. Is the Polo's rear legroom better than Swift? Would like to get the feel from someone who uses the vehicle.

How noisy is the 3pot, does it have a nice exhaust note or does it sound like a clatter?
Old 8th May 2010, 01:56   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congratulations! It sure looks attractive.
Old 8th May 2010, 02:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Great Car & a good read mate, all the very best & drive safe

I like this car & I dont like this car. I have driven the 1.6 & its fab, you know for me its a mixed feeling! I feel Polo looks like a Palio, I know its just me...

Congrats!

my friend also said the same damn thing. . but i like the no nonsense look! this is a true hot hatch in my view!
Old 8th May 2010, 15:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Congrats Laxminarayan.

No offense, but I never though that looks will be so subjective

I thought Highline has the chrome strip like the one seen in pic below.

that there in the international one...not in the indian one.

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks