Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:34   #16
BHPian

@hiren959: Congrats on the car.
Please remove the wooden block. Jugaad enhancements like this could pose safety issues at times.It's not worth the risk.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Excatly, If it gets stuck below the brakes for some reason, the results will be disastrous. Stay away from jugaad enhancements.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Utilising the Sunday, added a "Dead Pedal" to my Figo using a wooden piece and some plastic waste.
More pics coming later on..
Interesting. Lookig forward to the 'more' pictures!

Please close that flap which covers the OBDII port.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:16   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the safety tips, but I will use it on everyday basis after proper fixation.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:55   #20
BHPian

the car looks amazing...even im plannin to go for the WHITE with black dash

one suggestion..its really not a good idea to have a fitment like this...that too to a place where u cant reach while driving.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:27   #21
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hiren. Happy Motoring. White is always the best..
Old 6th May 2010, 16:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Utilising the Sunday, added a "Dead Pedal" to my Figo using a wooden piece and some plastic waste. Trust me it's worth doing so, felt extremely comfortable on a long stretch of ride.
More pics coming later on..
Not such a good idea; it could obstruct use of the clutch and brake pedal!
And dead pedal is needed on the right side I think, as you are frequently pressing the gas pedal on the long highway drives, and right foot gets tired more.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:17   #23
BHPian

Now the Figo is due for its first service as it has reached 2480km today so within few days I have to go to the service station as Ford dealer dont provide pick up and drop for their cars.
Strange but I have all the service done for my Indica and ANHC with driver pick up and drop from the dealer.

The car is really fun to drive and after this service I will be having a trip to Rajasthan so I hope there will be more fun to come.

After driving my Figo I feel that my ANHC is far behind in the ride and handling area.
Though I am very happy with the performance from both my cars as for petrol the best driver's car is ANHC and for diesel it is the Figo.

I have not calculated the fuel efficiency so accurately but it is coming in between 13 to 18 depending on the city driving or highway.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:21   #24
BHPian

The car is back with its first service done on 22 of this month. Engine oil, oil filter and some rubber gasket were replaced and the amount charged for that was Rs.1300/-

Now the engine feels lot more refined, there are no more jerks felt in the second and sometimes in third gear. I feel that frequent gear changes in the city driving are now somewhat educed after the service. Its really fun to drive now!!
Old 27th July 2010, 13:38   #25
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Not such a good idea; it could obstruct use of the clutch and brake pedal!
And dead pedal is needed on the right side I think, as you are frequently pressing the gas pedal on the long highway drives, and right foot gets tired more.
do you take your foot off the gas on the highways?
Old 27th July 2010, 16:48   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

* Frequent gear change is required in city driving, second gear feels gerky at some times and sometimes it feels a bullock cart in same gear

I guess that this would be because you still have to get used to the engine and its torque curve.

* AC has no chilling effect(may be felt that because of the un-bearable heat in Ahmedabad), blower is too noisy after two position

The Figo actually has one of the best A.C's in its class. Do check with another Figo, and if there is a problem with the cooling, take it up with Ford.

* Ride is somewhat bouncy on bumps

Apart from the stiffer suspension that is tuned more for handling, the other reason's could be - air pressure, MRF tyres. However, it should improve with speed.
Congrats on the car!
Hope to see regular updates on this thread.
Please see my replies in bold above.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:12   #27
BHPian

@lamborghini

Thanks for your reply and as you said there were all initial hiccups with the car but now I am vey used to these problems.
Now there is no problem with any gears, AC is super cool and ride and handling is marvelous, I am just lovin it!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks