Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 15:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Dolly, Mahesh. The K12B is certainly a delight to drive. BTW, Any mods planed for your Dolly??
thanks and no mods planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Congratulations Man! Atta Gaadi Ghevun Khoi Vataa? Bengaluraak Yo Mhure (In Goan Konkani: Where are you going now, come to Bangalore)? Put some more pictures please.

All the very best and drive safely. Dont forget to fasten up your seat belts.
Atta na magir kenna tari (not now sometimes later)

Here, one more.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Dzire - (Dolphin) arrived.-5.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 17:35   #17
BHPian

good to see review on Dzire after a long gap. And i think this is the first review on K-series Dzire. I am waiting for this for a long time, So please write your experience in details about your "DOLPHINE"
Old 25th May 2010, 11:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the beautiful car!

Quote:
I thought a three box sedan definately gives better comfort than any premium hatchback any given day
Wrong assumption. Get a ride in a Punto's back seat.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:00   #19
BHPian

Today i took dolphin for her first service, scratch on the bonnet is gone, Aryaman service people did a nice job there.
Normal servicing is done.
No oil change, said, will change at 10000 km, but better 5000km and thereafter regular intervals of 10000km.
Car has run 900 plus km, was due for service on 27th of May, was late by a week.
Free steering cover was fitted as promised, car has a better feel while driving because of the grip.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:34   #20
BHPian

Good to hear that the 1.2l engine does the duty well in a sedan too. In the run-in period it is imperative to be in the correct rev range, speeds may vary accordingly.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Good to hear that the 1.2l engine does the duty well in a sedan too. In the run-in period it is imperative to be in the correct rev range, speeds may vary accordingly.
It does indeed, very well, Utopian., it feels tuned for more power then in Ritz, I have driven both extensively to reach this conclusion.

I have not checked the FE, but crude calculations say it is not less than 14 kml.
Old 10th June 2010, 08:56   #22
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Dzire with K Series

Hi Folks
A friend is looking to buy the Kseries Dezire petrol, he is looking at some feedback from owners. Did not find many posts on the new engine, could the owners please post some feedback on basically the performance of the engine, especially in city and with 4-5 people seated?
Old 10th June 2010, 10:45   #23
BHPian

You bet, whether u drive in city or highways with 4 people, it is good for both, better for city drives though.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:51   #24
BHPian

@mkh
You bet, dzire k series is good for both highway and city drives, better for city, though.
(considering 4 people)
Old 10th June 2010, 18:38   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, you got it really early
Old 14th June 2010, 08:48   #26
BHPian

i want to do under body treatment for my Dzire, my friendly neighbourhood Authorised Maruti Service centre charges 1600 for 3M antirust.
He says car needs to be kept all night for drying, (How much time does drying takes place)
I am called around 4 pm in the evening.
Please suggest if i should go for it??
Old 14th June 2010, 09:23   #27
BHPian

Can you tell us why you chose the Dzire over the Manza?
Old 14th June 2010, 09:51   #28
BHPian

Congrats for your new set of wheels, i back your decision to buy Dzire over Manza.tough i am not a maruti fan but Dzire and swift leave no choice when it comes for VFM. Tata cars are suited for taxi only.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:06   #29
BHPian

@kalpesh
When I had been for Test driving a Manza no one seemed interested in giving one or even calling me for one even after calling them repeatedly.
Maruti Dealers in Goa are far more professional and that gives a assuring touch, i own a Maruti 800 as well and had a reasonably good experience from them.
I liked Manza as a Car, (sans interior quality) but the advantage of space at the rear was not my priority.
As far Dzire is concerned, it was my choice for a long time, but was awaiting K Series one.(after td'ing Ritz petrol, Way back in May 2009, and liking it very much as also understanding that dzire will have one) i used to like the awesome bangle design of the boot which looked better than most premium cars (my opinion).
Given a choice between a Saffire and K-Series engine again it was a no brainer to me.
Last but not the least Manza launch did create a confusion in me, but finally the overall package of Dzire won the day for me. (Read : better quality interiors and plastic)
Old 14th June 2010, 10:16   #30
BHPian

But you had no qualms about the Manza apart from the plastics right? What according to you was the distinct advantage of the Manza (excluding the interior space)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks