Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 16:42   #61
lsp
BHPian

Its coming out beautifully Rickyji. One thing that I absolutely adore about this thread is that without asking you are posting all the pics and keep us abreast with the progress on your car. Keep up the good work and am sure your car would turn out to be a keeper.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
Congrats to get a E250 as, I was seeing your pictures. I want to suggest you to get a overall check of your engine. As, I also have a E220 (P). Few days just got changed my Mercedes main crank shaft seal. One of your picture showing same symptoms as was mine. These beauties need to be get checked in routine or else they will cause a great blunder in the end making a big hole in your pocket.

The car has been checked thoroughly & all oil seals which were suspect have been changed. (If you notice the pics of the car on the lift), it was up there for 2-3 days getting all the seals & little things attended to. Infact we started out with the mechanicals.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
umm no. its a simple compliment. i also edited one of the pictures. added tints and blackened the b-pillar.
OK I did notice the B pillar, but not the tints. If I go for tints they would be just to keep the heat out, very very light coloured ones if at all..

varun m hey ricky , congrats. Shes beautiful. I know you were finding one since a long time. I remember when you came to see my w124 almost 3 years back. I didnt sell it finally. It works the same way, no problems what so ever. By the way, just added a new member to my car family ;-), a 2001 CLK 230 KOMPRESSOR.

@varun m

I don't think it's been 3 years, but yes I remember seeing your car. This one has better power & ride though.

Nice to know of your latest CLK 230 !

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th May 2010 at 16:59.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Its coming out beautifully Rickyji. One thing that I absolutely adore about this thread is that without asking you are posting all the pics and keep us abreast with the progress on your car. Keep up the good work and am sure your car would turn out to be a keeper.

Thanks lsp, glad you like it ! Ya the picture bit - it's always nice to document things as they happen lest one forgets or turns lazy & misses many anoppurtunity to chronicle progress..

Cheers
Old 15th May 2010, 15:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Fittings started

The car has got all its rear end fittings in place. For some reason the pictures are not loading. Will try again later.

New Yokohama V550's have been ordered. 195/65/15 (stock size)

So far so good. The engine will be started today and the oil changes should happen today or Monday. After that it is the windshield glass replacement. Headlight bulb upgrade etc etc.

The work is on & I should have my car by Friday or Saturday

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th May 2010 at 15:50.
Old 15th May 2010, 16:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

The pics !

Was finally able to upload some pictures of the nearly completed rear end of the car.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-fitting-002.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-fitting-003.jpg  

Old 15th May 2010, 16:23   #66
BHPian

Amazing work being done on one of my all time favorite cars. Im very excited to see the end result.
Old 16th May 2010, 16:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Amazing work being done on one of my all time favorite cars. Im very excited to see the end result.

Thank you Sir, I hope the final result is upto the mark, as I find a lot of fellow members are keen to see the final product (rightly so)..so far it is only the journey, let's hope we reach the destination & feel good about it !!

Guys I am just as curious as the rest of you to see the final completed car drive out of the workshop.

Cheers
Old 16th May 2010, 18:20   #68
BHPian

Dear all

I have seen one E280D silver color run about 62000kms automatic transmission single owner company maintained how much can be offered for it.

thanks in advance

its 2006 model s

Last edited by ajmat : 16th May 2010 at 19:19.
Old 16th May 2010, 19:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags View Post
Dear all

I have seen one E280D silver color run about 62000kms automatic transmission single owner company maintained how much can be offered for it.

thanks in advance

its 2006 model s

But none the less, the car you described should be around 25, a friend recently bought one which has done 42k in mint condition.

Let's try to stick to the thread topic please.

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th May 2010 at 19:41.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful work Ricky!!! The vehicle is coming out really nice, great infact!!!
The W124 E250 happens to be my all time favorite too, just do not have the extra moolah to spend right now. But surely one day I too will realise my dream and own one of these timeless beauties!!!

BTW the workmanship of the workshop is amazing, really top notch. Where is this workshop in Delhi or Gurgaon. Do you mind sharing the name?
Also considering the total amount spent I would say that slightly more but if one gets complete piece of mind then its entirely worth it. Atleast whenever I buy one (seems like a dream at present), I would like to get the job done the same way you are getting it done.
And the way that the workshop people are executing their job, I believe that this will give you years and years of trouble free service.
Best of luck buddy,
Cheers
Old 17th May 2010, 10:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Wonderful work Ricky!!! The vehicle is coming out really nice, great infact!!!
The W124 E250 happens to be my all time favorite too, just do not have the extra moolah to spend right now. But surely one day I too will realise my dream and own one of these timeless beauties!!!

BTW the workmanship of the workshop is amazing, really top notch. Where is this workshop in Delhi or Gurgaon. Do you mind sharing the name?
Also considering the total amount spent I would say that slightly more but if one gets complete piece of mind then its entirely worth it. Atleast whenever I buy one (seems like a dream at present), I would like to get the job done the same way you are getting it done.
And the way that the workshop people are executing their job, I believe that this will give you years and years of trouble free service.
Best of luck buddy,
Cheers

Thanks Harjeev,

Glad to know you like the way the car is shaping up !! It is being done at a Mercedes workshop. Patel Auto. The way they work with a car, one can tell they are doing it right. The smallest detail is looked into. Which is a professional approach & also the main reason I gave it there.

Also it is important that the workshop has all requisite tools which are needed, instead of doing "jugaad-baazi"

So far so good

Cheers
Old 17th May 2010, 11:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Ricky - great outcome, and its not even finished yet. I got a feeling, why restore such a mint condition car (before pics) - but anyways, pics dont reveal a lot, may be it needed a overhaul anyways...
Old 17th May 2010, 11:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks Harjeev,

It is being done at a Mercedes workshop. Patel Auto. The way they work with a car, one can tell they are doing it right. The smallest detail is looked into. Which is a professional approach & also the main reason I gave it there.
You know when I read that you are geting i t done at a Merc authorised workshop the name of the first workshop that pop'ed up in my mind was patel auto. Not that I know them but I have been watching their workshop (from outside) for the past 33 years. Yes I live in Patel Nagar and the workshop is near my home.
Would be great to meet up next when you are coming this side of town. Give me a buzz and Ill like to pop in and have a looksey,
Cheers

just pm'ed you my mobile number
Old 17th May 2010, 21:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Ricky - great outcome, and its not even finished yet. I got a feeling, why restore such a mint condition car (before pics) - but anyways, pics dont reveal a lot, may be it needed a overhaul anyways...

Hi

Thanks for liking the outcome even before the outcome actually happened !!
BTW the car did not need an "overhaul" changing oil seals or some bushes, does not qualify to be called that.

If you've read the whole thread - I said the car did not need too much work, but it did - if one wants it in showroom / OE condition

Get the drift ??

Cheers
Old 17th May 2010, 21:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
You know when I read that you are geting i t done at a Merc authorised workshop the name of the first workshop that pop'ed up in my mind was patel auto. Not that I know them but I have been watching their workshop (from outside) for the past 33 years. Yes I live in Patel Nagar and the workshop is near my home.
Would be great to meet up next when you are coming this side of town. Give me a buzz and Ill like to pop in and have a looksey,
Cheers

just pm'ed you my mobile number

Thanks Harjeev.

Would love to see the collection of your jeeps !! BUT this is being done at Gurgaon, sorry to disappoint.

Been busy today - (out of office) just saw your post - sorry for the late reply

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks