Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 11:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Boy! that was quick to get the "blue eyed boy" , isn't !.
Great man,with a history of Wagon R, i guess you made the right decision for going with the new one.
Cheers
Njoy
Old 5th May 2010, 11:26   #17

Hi Kamesh

Congratulations for the new car!
I would say its is a very good and sensible buying decision on your part.
Happy motoring.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good choice!! Congrats on your purchase. This is easily one of the best cars to buy when all you need is reliability, peace of mind and lots of space at a budget.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Neat Review and an Ideal Choice Kamesh.

Happy Revvin' and Drive Safe
Old 5th May 2010, 11:57   #20
BHPian

Congrats Kamlesh on the sensible buy.

Drive safe and happy revving..

Also can you give the insights of the drive with its 3 cylinder engine.
How is ride quality on the highways.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:00   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy. It certainly is VFM car.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice very long write up dude
I think this is first Blue eyed boy here.Neat interiors

congrats dude! drive safe.
Old 5th May 2010, 19:52   #23
BHPian

aditya116, don_carmaster, Viju, fiery enzyme, drrajasaravanan, amikacin, rjstyles69, NOTORIOUS, mnhegde, aargee, nkrishnap, quadmaniac, longhorn, DCEite, Schoudhury, raman.,
SPARKled, Vik0728, <Badguy>, Gene & recshenoy

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
congrats on the sensible buy.how is the rear space compared to dzire?
I felt the Dzire's rear sear little short on the knee room this could be because of the seating position. The classic case where you sit high in a tall boy with the knees fully bent which gives you a feeling of more space. Long distance criusers might not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Being a WagonR owner myself i can understand your love for this car.

The car is an absolute VFM. Do post your experience with the ride and engine performance with 4 adults and A C on.
It appears that the boot space has been severly compromised to increase leg room and this is gonna be problematic for some.
We are a small family but over the weekend there was an opportunity to pack people in the new car for a party. The engine did not show any stress when pulling along with the AC on. I understand terms like 'pulled along freely' are too loose and vague, which could be interpreted differently if it is not substantiated with figures. So I wish to share with you my test of torque. Keep watching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
kamesh first off congratulations on the new acquisition,looks like the 1st on tbhp. Surprising that you were able to easily move back to a hatchback though the decision was made for a sedan.

Well am pretty sure they wouldn't let you down. Here's me wishing you a many miles of happy motoring with the tallboy.
Thanks rjstyles69. How I wish I do not reply with clichés like 'life is full of uncertainty'. But then as I said we shuffled our priorities and settled for a hatchback and reserved the dough for other important ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
congrats on a new car sirji .why your car has done 92 klmts in showroom , is the dealer yard far away ???
Hi NOTORIOUS. We covered those kms over the past 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Congratulations Kamesh. I think you're the first one to own this car in TBHP. Such a beautiful car & interiors & IMO, its a true VFM. I'm sure you're going to enjoy the good times with this car. Just one question - being a WagonR owner myself, how about the interiors for holding coffee, water bottles & snacks? Have they improved? If you can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.
Its by no means a Ritz or Jazz when it comes to cubbyholes. The glovebox is big and the cupholder could easily fit a medium coffee cup. Water bottles and snacks must be sent back to the rear parcel tray, coz the door pockets are slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Congrats on the no-nonsense car!

It might not look like a million bucks, will not make "heads turn on" the road. will not give "exclusivity" - but what this car promises is a totally satisfying ownership , a car that goes on its job silently without making a fuss - and making the ownership experience a happy one. .

Happy motoring in India's favourite tall boy car!

P.S. I also have a 6 year old WR and whenever i change - probably in next 2-3 years, it will most probably be another WR - unless and until something better is available in the market.
I agree its not a head turner but then as righfully said, a practical car.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review sir! Congrats on your new boy Really taking the initiative to explain the car's performance.
Hats off to you.
Old 6th May 2010, 01:47   #25
BHPian

Congrats Kamesh. Even i saw the new Wagon-R recently and feel that it is a better packaged vehicle than the Ritz.
As far as leg room is concerned, many times people get misled by 'mm' numbers. However, as you correctly pointed out it depends on the seat position. The tall boy design means that your knees & legs are in a 'chair' position which indirectly translates into more space (in your case as compared to sedans like Dzire & Accent).
Enjoy driving!!
Old 6th May 2010, 13:07   #26
BHPian

Congrats Kamesh for the blue eyed boy. Looks better than the outgoing model. It seems all the manufacturers have bid adieu to the traditional temperature and fuel level indicators.
That incline explanation was nice. Take it to the hills and you will be able to judge its clout in a better fashion. Keep us posted.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:49   #27
BHPian

Kamesh ji, you have a very neat way with the words. In the sense your review is detailed well with simple words.
A good attempt with MS Paint. I liked the changes made to the new WagorR. Maruti sure has read the pulse of the people well. Their products offer just what is needed and not what is dreamed of, which is good for a guy like me. Function over form!
Old 6th May 2010, 16:56   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. I too have booked a VXI model after first considering a sedan. I think this car offers the best combination of features and the one thing it lacks, is looks, which was a compromise i was willing to make.
Old 7th May 2010, 07:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Awesome review sir! Congrats on your new boy Really taking the initiative to explain the car's performance.
Hats off to you.
Thanks for the compliments SchumiFan. It gets me going!

I felt for some reason, people seem to have the idea that Maruti short changed them by plonking a 3 cylinder motor in this car. While in my opinion the tuning for this car is great for everyday driving. Its by no means an enthusiasts car, but would atleast not make that journey from point A to B a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats Kamesh for the blue eyed boy. Looks better than the outgoing model. It seems all the manufacturers have bid adieu to the traditional temperature and fuel level indicators.
That incline explanation was nice. Take it to the hills and you will be able to judge its clout in a better fashion. Keep us posted.
Sure. Taking it to the hills might take some time. Meanwhile I'm eager to hear TD's done by our friends in hills too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Kamesh ji, you have a very neat way with the words. In the sense your review is detailed well with simple words.
A good attempt with MS Paint. I liked the changes made to the new WagorR. Maruti sure has read the pulse of the people well. Their products offer just what is needed and not what is dreamed of, which is good for a guy like me. Function over form!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Congrats on the new car. I too have booked a VXI model after first considering a sedan. I think this car offers the best combination of features and the one thing it lacks, is looks, which was a compromise i was willing to make.
Thanks mTorque and -NUT-case.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase Kamesh. Years ago when I was scouting for a tall boy, the main contendors were santro and the wagon (bought the Santro). One of the biggest issues I had was with the interior styling and gear shift of the wagon R.

However, the interiors look wayyyyyy better than the previous model and I hear the gearshift has improved a lot too. A practical buy indeed.

Most Viewed