Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 21:54   #31
BHPian

Congratulations on your new 3 ! Wish you some great miles ahead !
Old 13th May 2010, 22:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contangoback View Post

I guess the tyres are fine. I would trust the BMW engineer for introducing them here. I am keeping the pressure 30-31 all around. Any suggestions here? Yes no compromise of the safety features, including the rear view mirror - I am just so happy to see little green globes instead of some puny car flashing incessantly behind me
Most of the manufacturers mention the pressure when tires are cold. Read from your earlier post that all tires where 40 when you checked. This can happen if the tires were filled to 30 when it was cold and you checked after spinning it for few kilometers. So better refer you Owners manual and fill accordingly.
Old 14th May 2010, 08:37   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thank you.the back seat comfort is great.although strictly a four seater.no central arm rest. leg space is fine (nothing like the Accord though - which was my previous choice to buy) - the legs feel great when they drive - even the front passenger seat is great.
Good to know that... yeah the front seats should be definitely great
Do post some more interior shots!
Old 14th May 2010, 18:49   #34
BHPian

Excellent thread contangoback

I read that the dealer provided you with first year BMW Secure FOC? Would you be able to share the deal on the forum or via PM? I am really looking to book one in the next couple of weeks, and this info would be really helpful for the extra vitamin-M I can save.
Old 15th May 2010, 01:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
first of all congratulations!

the car is a head turner for sure!

but i would like to say this, if i had the money i would have added a few extra's like the xenon lamps! (lights package - dunno if you can add it or not on the Corp ED) with white LED chroma rings! believe me this one thing is worth the money!

one day i was crossing the street and i came across a new white 730LD with those white LED chroma rings /angel eyes on. it was evening. the car slowed down for me. i quickly got of its ways. but i still remember the "halo" effect! the Audi's have their beautiful LED DRLs but these rings define a BMW! i hope people understand what i am trying to convey. my point is people have not bought this car for just daily commuting they buy this baby for the car itself.!

also another thing worth addition are these alloys! they just scream sporty! the CE alloys are great but some people have commented that they look like an aftermarket fitment! i don't believe so! and yes i know these additions may not be practical. but my thought behind this is when you can spend 28 lacs why not a 1-2 lacs more! eh??
would strongly detract you from getting those style 189 star spoke alloys in that picture. I have them on my 335i and to be honest with RFTs they can be a menace on a bad road surface offering resounding thuds and a lot of road noise. Would not recommend it for indian roads.

Also, the yellow corona rings are just regular lights, but the white ones are LEDs, hence much brighter.
Old 15th May 2010, 11:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
would strongly detract you from getting those style 189 star spoke alloys in that picture. I have them on my 335i and to be honest with RFTs they can be a menace on a bad road surface offering resounding thuds and a lot of road noise. Would not recommend it for indian roads.

Also, the yellow corona rings are just regular lights, but the white ones are LEDs, hence much brighter.
yes i know the yellow corona rings are regular. thats why i like those white LED rings. they take my breath away everytime. they are "angelic"
Old 15th May 2010, 13:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
thanks all once again...I am putting up a few snaps from the PDI after resizing them using the Ctrl+W function...thanks for this Team BHP..years of frustration for uploading spaps on various sites remains solved now
congrats chief and happy motoring...
Old 17th May 2010, 13:13   #38
BHPian

Congrats Sir,
Awesome car, and sweet deal from BMW.
Called them up yesterday and have scheduled a TD coming weekend, This is making me sell my TPi off .....
Old 17th May 2010, 16:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition!
Just a question on one of the pics? What is a blue Wagon R doing in the wash area of Beemers. Sorry, but couldn't resist the question
And how about some interior pics?
Thanks!Now that you mentioned it, I noticed it too. If you notice closely, there is new white 5 series next to me, which was fully covered in dust. I was appalled at the sight. But I guess they only clean once a car is sold. The wagon r was some visitor I guess who drove all the way in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Damn, that 320 plate looks so perfect, I'm a little jealous Btw I got my plates remade because I did not want "Infinity" on them, the dealership was more than happy to do so. Somehow in the pics, my car looks black too, although it's Monaco Blue. Hey, up for a photoshoot?
I know. The black/blue look the same in the snaps and even at night. guess you got the best of both. Yes, I am definitely up for a photoshoot. PM me your handphone number. We will co-ordinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Congratulations on your new 3 ! Wish you some great miles ahead !
Thank you Repsol. Am on 1930 kms today

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Excellent thread contangoback

I read that the dealer provided you with first year BMW Secure FOC? Would you be able to share the deal on the forum or via PM? I am really looking to book one in the next couple of weeks, and this info would be really helpful for the extra vitamin-M I can save.
Sure, I got Secure FOC for the 1st year + 50pct off on the insurance + the discount on the car. It was a sweet deal, unlikely to be repeated but PM me I can share the exact details

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
congrats chief and happy motoring...
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Congrats Sir,
Awesome car, and sweet deal from BMW.
Called them up yesterday and have scheduled a TD coming weekend, This is making me sell my TPi off .....
take my words for it. Once you TD it, you will ask for a quote immediately. Does Pune have a seperate dealer or is it serviced by Bombay?
Old 17th May 2010, 18:39   #40
BHPian

@ contangoback : Congrats on the Beemer! Car's a looker.
Old 18th May 2010, 09:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know. The black/blue look the same in the snaps and even at night. guess you got the best of both. Yes, I am definitely up for a photoshoot. PM me your handphone number. We will co-ordinate.
good ! that makes it 5 to 6 of us who are ok with it ! 2 to 3 Beemer's and 2 Audis for sure ! dont know if anyone else is interested for the Photoshoot & across city drive. Flyingspur you listening ? any updates ?
Old 18th May 2010, 10:14   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
good ! that makes it 5 to 6 of us who are ok with it ! 2 to 3 Beemer's and 2 Audis for sure ! dont know if anyone else is interested for the Photoshoot & across city drive. Flyingspur you listening ? any updates ?
im in if you guys dont mind a little 3.0 v6 along with you.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im in if you guys dont mind a little 3.0 v6 along with you.

" Little" 3.0 V6 !!! yea right ! When on earth did THAT happen ???
Old 18th May 2010, 13:24   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
" Little" 3.0 V6 !!! yea right ! When on earth did THAT happen ???
. just kidding. but let me know if you dont mind an accord along with your bimmers and audis. it will be right on your tails
Old 18th May 2010, 15:09   #45
BHPian

" Does Pune have a seperate dealer or is it serviced by Bombay?"

Yeah Pune has its own Dealer and Service Center.
Bavaria Motors or something its called....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks