Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 17:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT

Let me introduce myself first I am "a driver" since my age 13 with my father's car FIAT - Premier Padmini. Since then I have driven lot of my family cars like M-800, Matiz, Versa, Accent, Optra, Fiat - 1100(My love), Gypsy, Verna and now Beat...

After a long time we have bought a Small segment car which I loved the most to drive because of driving condition in Mumbai. Everywhere there is so much traffic small car is the best option to opt for (Only thing I wished, it was a diesel).

Bank Loan: - I choose SBI because of a simple reason, they offer Loan on 8% first year and 10% for rest 2 years. I was sure I will need a loan for only 3 years. SBI proved to be 100% government approach bank. Working is slow. They took approx 20 days to complete all the formality of paper work. I should be telling one thing for sure that I was not at all in a hurry to get my new car. People who need their car fast after the down payment should not go for SBI for sure.

I loved the look's of Beat which is the most sexy, Aggressive, dynamic and attractive in this segment. Since I am to use this car with AC all the time and will have dark films on glasses it does not feel "claustrophobic" in the back seat. I didn't choose with ABS model because this car will be driven only in Mumbai as this is my secondary car. I am not going to take this car on long routes as I have Diesel Verna for those drives then why to take Petrol car? These are some of the reasons why I went in for this car and not any other car.

Let me start writing my car experience.....

Test Drive: - I had test driven the vehicle before buying but frankly could not understood much of problem on that ride as that car was driven for more than 9,000 K.m. (In past same problem with testing cars, Fabia was driven for 38000 KM) but one thing I will point here is I came to know one thing AC is working very good, I was testing the car in afternoon at 1 pm. Cool's the cabin Very fast.

Design: - I like the design inside the cabin which is compact crisp & neat. Staring wheel panel is unique as far as this Indian market is concern; I have never seen anything like this in past. I wish if it had only one more feature, which shows how much more K.M. still this car can be driven with the amount of petrol it has in the tank. (My second car is Verna which has this feature which is very useful.)

Space: - There is lot of small and large space in the car. Like on the door you can keep 1.5L bottle + some more space (May be a news paper's or CD's) One more pocket on the door below the power window button which is small but still useful. There are two more pockets in the reach of driver and co-passenger. One is small which is above the AC blower in the center of the panel which can be used for keeping the cell phones or something. Second pocket is below the music system which is big one but not clearly visible. One more pocket to keep the coins on the right hand side to driver near a headlight setting button.

Family: - Everyone in the family is happy that we have a small car. My wife was searching the door handle while sitting behind the car. They like the rare seat as it is bigger than the expectation. Comfortable sitting for two but for smaller distance even three can sit. Some of the car which they know cannot fit three at all. (Like New Zen and A-Star)

Startup: - I can bet with all the persons who are driving the diesel car that you can't find that the car's engine is on or off when you are standing in the parking mode, it is that much silent inside. I keep on rechecking it again and again.

Music: - Music system is good which has almost all the features FM, ACD, MP3 and USB. USB is a very economical feature as you can change the music as fast as you wish as per your mood but they should have given the bigger USB option in place of small connector. I don't know how many of other user's have notice that if you increase the sound the FM is not very good still I will recheck this option.

My changes: - I am thinking to install a good quality rare view mirror as the company fitted is too small. I am planning to install a sun film which is approved by RTO. I am not sure what I will be doing on the windshield. (Sun film or no sun film) I am not thing to spend any more amounts on the car fittings as of now. No seat covers as well because I want to use the current one which looks good with the car.

In my next post you will find the Insurance details where I paid Rs. 15500+. Why? How? What?

My car's first photo.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-20100505181520.jpg

Look's from behind.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-20100505181612.jpg

First night of her.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-20100505210010.jpg

Day time side looks.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0716.jpg

I am sure because of this, this car will not have a fire problem.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0718.jpg

Side looks along with full antenna.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0719.jpg

Entire side glass.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0724.jpg

Front-Half looks.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0729.jpg

Side front-half
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0727.jpg

Eyes.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0728.jpg

Rare Eye.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0725.jpg

The place where I understand the least.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0717.jpg

Good space.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0720.jpg

Good place to keep small things.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0723.jpg

Very important for me.
Royal Small Black Beauty - Chevrolet Beat LT - Report-img_0721.jpg

I will post more information on Car, Bank - SBI, Insurance - Cholamandalam Etc.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th May 2010 at 17:38. Reason: Merging to have your report in the first post itself
Old 6th May 2010, 18:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate you - Beat in black looks GREAT!

I did not really get that fire problem thing - could you please elaborate?

Any mods planned? Alloys? tires?
Old 6th May 2010, 18:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Beat. Black looks good on the car! It will look meaner after you get the tints!

And, even I did not get the "Fire Problem" picture
Old 6th May 2010, 21:40   #4
BHPian

Black Beat - looks awesome. Congrats rjvora!

Waiting for your feedback on the ride, features etc :-)
Old 6th May 2010, 21:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Indeed a black beauty.

About the SBI, yes. Public bank will mostly be like that. But patience does pays, right?

Happy driving. Now time to look for a short and sweet travelogue of you with this lady?
Old 6th May 2010, 21:57   #6
BHPian

Congrats rjvora..
Welcome to Beat Club
Nice pics.
Expecting more detailed review and feedback from you.
Wish you a safe and wonderful driving experience with Beat.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:16   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Sir.

Nice pics there.

Somehow feel the tyres provided seem to be skinny for the design. What is the stock specification of the wheels/tires?
Old 6th May 2010, 23:25   #8
BHPian

nice choice there,perfect car for a youngster.
Old 7th May 2010, 09:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you - Beat in black looks GREAT!

I did not really get that fire problem thing - could you please elaborate?

Any mods planned? Alloys? tires?
Let me be the first to.... "Thank you my Friend."

I was just kidding with the Nano problem. As I loved Nano very much. In feature when I have Rs. 10,00,000/- I will buy that car and will spend on that car...

I don't like to Mod. the car and no, I am not thinking to change the tires for at-list 3 year's. Only if the change is must then only change will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Congrats on the Beat. Black looks good on the car! It will look meaner after you get the tints!
Thank you sirji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Black Beat - looks awesome. Congrats rjvora!
Waiting for your feedback on the ride, features etc :-)
Feedback on ride will come in a day or two. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats. Indeed a black beauty.
About the SBI, yes. Public bank will mostly be like that. But patience does pays, right?
I will post the entire experience of SBI on paper....sorry on the thread. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Welcome to Beat Club
Expecting more detailed review and feedback from you.
I hope I make you happy with my review. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Sir.
Nice pics there.
Thank you Sirji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
nice choice there,perfect car for a youngster.
I just realized that I am only 27. Thank you very much.

More details on the ride to come...
Old 7th May 2010, 17:35   #10
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Beat family, may you have thousands of happy smiles and safe miles in your black beauty!
Old 8th May 2010, 12:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Beat family,
Thank you sirji.

Insurance is a big subject as far as I am concern...

After a lot of thoughts there were two options which I had to choose from and I hope my "Paying High" theory will help me in claims.

The option I didn't choose: - Chola and Bajaj both offering me an ordinary comprehensive policy at 55% discount which was costing around Rs. 8K+ reason for higher discount was my good relationship with both but still I choose not take those plans as I need something else as well.

My thoughts: - My wife will start driving school next week or so, she will be driving on both the car what we have, there will be accidents in that case where in I will have to pay to garage a lot of amount. I wanted a policy where in I don't have to pay for plastic parts (bumper being most important) and other metal parts as well.

Who can help: - I have always said good for Bajaj and I still say they are no. 1 for me, as far as claims and other services is concern but, I still didn't choose them because I think they are overpriced and offering less benefits so, the war was won by Chola. As I believe they have the best product in the market according to me for, comprehensive insurance policy with add-ons.

Chola plan details: - I choose the plan called Elite there are two parts of benefits under this plan.
This plan can be take only for first four years of car's age.
Part One: -
1. Depreciation waiver: Waiver of reduction in depreciation for partial losses.
100% waiver - Less than 2 year's (For first two year's)
75% waiver - More than 2 but less than 3 year's (For 3rd year)
50% waiver - More than 3 but less than 4 year's (For 4th year)

2. Daily allowance if car is under repair: Rs. 1000/per day maximum up to 5 days. (Excluding first 24 Hrs.) Multiple claims also possible in this. Eg. There is an accident and my car is in service station for 4 days. I will get Rs. 3000/-. If there is a loss again and my car is in garage for 3 days I will get Rs. 2000/- Maximum Rs. 5000/- in a year.

3. Personal belonging loss benefit: Rs. 10,000/- per claim per policy period maximum two claims per policy period. Excluding Cell phone, Laptop, Camera Etc. (I can get more details if someone needs it.)

4. Duplicate Key: Reimbursement of duplicate key cost if the ignition key is lost, Max. Rs. 1,000/-, only one claim is payable. (I need to check what is the cost of new set of keys but I think it will be too high.)

5. License loss cover: Compensation of Rs. 500/- Only one claim per year.

Part Two: -
Care Executive plan: -
There are total 12 small benefits under this plan details for which is as follows.

Name:  CCI08052010_00000.bmp
Views: 8512
Size:  847.6 KB

Disclaimer: - Please don't treat this as an advertisement of Chola's product, (Which I have never done it in past as well) I am just justifying why I paid extra premium against what benefits.

My next post will be on Bank - SBI.
Old 9th May 2010, 12:45   #12
BHPian

Congrats for a new BEAT in your life.

Did you buy it from SC motors in Thane, what was the onroad cost for the MH03 number.

Drive safe and Enjoy the Drive
Old 10th May 2010, 09:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post
Congrats for a new BEAT in your life.

Did you buy it from SC motors in Thane, what was the onroad cost for the MH03 number.

Drive safe and Enjoy the Drive
Thank you.
Yes I bought it from there. On road cost is 4.70.
Old 18th May 2010, 09:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

I need to ask experts (Beat club members) that have you change the headlight bulbs to 100/110?
Old 14th June 2010, 21:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I need to ask experts (Beat club members) that have you change the headlight bulbs to 100/110?
@rjvora_2000 The Pics are simply superb and Black Color suits well for Chevy Beat.

Most Viewed