Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 10:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

Nice. I can imagine how butter-smooth that S-tronic is. It would go some way in improving fuel efficiency.
Not that i am complaining though.
Have just crossed the 10k mark and, The Monster is providing me with respectable and sometimes astonishing fe figures if i am light on the pedal.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:29   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Nice. I can imagine how butter-smooth that S-tronic is. It would go some way in improving fuel efficiency.
Not that i am complaining though.
Have just crossed the 10k mark and, The Monster is providing me with respectable and sometimes astonishing fe figures if i am light on the pedal.
What FE are you getting?
Old 8th October 2010, 11:33   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What FE are you getting?

On an average , a combined FE (city + Hhighway) of around 11 -12 kmpl.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:04   #124
Senior - BHPian

What FE (combined) do you regularly get with the Beemer Sahil ? Am curious if there has been any deterioration over the 3 odd years
Old 9th October 2010, 12:26   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What FE (combined) do you regularly get with the Beemer Sahil ? Am curious if there has been any deterioration over the 3 odd years
I get about 8kmpl in city and 11-12 on Highway. Could get about 13.5 on highway with a light foot.

Don't think the FE has deteriorated, maybe by .5kmpl if at all max. But FE is more related to driving style,condition and weather. December-Jan gets me the best FE, above 9kmpl in city.

The beamer AC is a real chiller ! Especially after the last service, even in this heat its super cold inside.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't think the FE has deteriorated, maybe by .5kmpl if at all max. But FE is more related to driving style,condition and weather. December-Jan gets me the best FE, above 9kmpl in city.

The beamer AC is a real chiller ! Especially after the last service, even in this heat its super cold inside.
Yup, had expected the car to give me the best FE between end of december and a few days in Jan 11.
The A/C...I see what you mean since i have the Audi with me. I have never really needed to go below 20 degs in climate control even in the worst of conditions. Just a few notches higher in fan speed and we have an Alaska inside !
Old 9th October 2010, 16:31   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, had expected the car to give me the best FE between end of december and a few days in Jan 11.
The A/C...I see what you mean since i have the Audi with me. I have never really needed to go below 20 degs in climate control even in the worst of conditions. Just a few notches higher in fan speed and we have an Alaska inside !
This is Alaska at 26c which is the warmest temp possible
Old 9th October 2010, 16:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is Alaska at 26c which is the warmest temp possible

wo...wait ! you mean you dont ever NEED to go BELOW 26c ????? I just got a chill down my spine man.
Rather, i am sure you mean 26c is the highest attainable temperature on your climate control right ?
Old 9th October 2010, 18:15   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
wo...wait ! you mean you dont ever NEED to go BELOW 26c ?????
That's right. Seldom do I put it on min18 just for 5mins if the car has been in the sun for hours. Then back to 26c.
Old 10th October 2010, 16:17   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's right. Seldom do I put it on min18 just for 5mins if the car has been in the sun for hours. Then back to 26c.

Impressive if it has always been that good and consistent. What about the cooling in the rear? As quick and hassle-free ? To be honest i have always wondered how credible is it to have just those vents at the back unless one doesn't have a separate climate control system for the rear.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 10th October 2010 at 16:18.
Old 17th October 2010, 01:53   #131

Hello people! This is my first post on this website, even though I have been following up with few topics regularly, but just been a little lazy to post a reply.

I must say this is a very impressive ownership thread. I have to agree that the A4 3.0TDi is undoubtedly one the sweetest recipe Audi could make under 40 lacs. I have driven just about every car in this segment. Even though I am a hardcore Bimmer fanatic, i have to agree that the ingolstadt people are moving very quickly.

By the way the Audi A4 was available here in Delhi from 2009 mid onwards. I know a couple of people who picked them. This is when the lamps in the rear were not given the LED treatment. So the people from the Mumbai dealership didn't tell you the correct story.
Old 17th October 2010, 11:04   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokshe View Post
Hello people! This is my first post on this website, even though I have been following up with few topics regularly, but just been a little lazy to post a reply.

I must say this is a very impressive ownership thread. I have to agree that the A4 3.0TDi is undoubtedly one the sweetest recipe Audi could make under 40 lacs. I have driven just about every car in this segment. Even though I am a hardcore Bimmer fanatic, i have to agree that the ingolstadt people are moving very quickly.

By the way the Audi A4 was available here in Delhi from 2009 mid onwards. I know a couple of people who picked them. This is when the lamps in the rear were not given the LED treatment. So the people from the Mumbai dealership didn't tell you the correct story.
If you say it was "available" then it cant be only in Delhi, it has to be at places where ever Audi had its dealerships in 2009 and most DEFINITELY in Mumbai. Im not sure how much truth existed in what they said but i do know this....The Audi A4 3.0 TDI drive reports started coming out in Auto mags across India and also on Auto shows on the tube a few months post the Delhi Auto Expo in Jan 2010. I remember seeing many different shows and mags showcasing the 3.0 TDI in the April-May 2010 period.
That apart, my dad who visits Delhi often also spotted what was unmistakably an A4 3.0 TDi in Delhi in July this year. So my guess is, until last year, it wasnt officially on sale and i got 1 as i was lucky with the Expo Import and as of now, its officially available and bought down on order. ( i assume) I have heard of some politician from New Bombay who had ordered for an A4 3.0 tdi around 3months back and his car would be arriving early 2011.
Old 17th October 2010, 14:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
I have heard of some politician from New Bombay who had ordered for an A4 3.0 tdi around 3months back and his car would be arriving early 2011.
His car has been delivered to him today.....
Old 17th October 2010, 17:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
His car has been delivered to him today.....

He has got a white one too if im not mistaken ?
1 update on his vehicle would be the new gearbox ! NICE
Old 18th October 2010, 11:14   #135
BHPian

Munich vs Ingolstadt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokshe View Post

I have driven just about every car in this segment. Even though I am a hardcore Bimmer fanatic, i have to agree that the ingolstadt people are moving very quickly.
>>>
mokshe,

As you have driven both the Bimmers and the Audis, can you tell us,

i. Is the Audi A4 as capable as the Bimmers (the 3 and the 5 Series) w.r.t handling, especially on corners?
ii. Which is more controlled in corners, the A4 3.0 TDI or the 530 d ( choose either the E60 or the F10 or both for the comparo)?
Which has the better grip and gives better steering feedback?

I have the feeling that Bimmers are better balanced since their entire weight is 'inside'/'between' the four wheels and that the front engine rear drive arrangement is best for handling.

Your feedabck will be very insightful.

Regards, drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks