Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 23:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Oh Man! What a car!
Guys just one question.

How much I need to earn per annum to afford a car like this?
Lol ,as Mclaren rulez said,a LOT ! specifically, my dad would know a lot better

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Simple: A lot!!

Congrats on the car and the lovely interiors. Its rare to see cars with such sporty shades at these price levels.
Thanks a lot dude
Old 9th May 2010, 04:40   #47
BHPian

One hell of a car you've got there!
Congratulations and enoy your ride.
Old 9th May 2010, 09:20   #48
BHPian

That car with that aero kit deserves these rims>>>> OZ matt black superturismo

http://www.albertocarshop.com/phppag...matt_black.jpg

Last edited by Ash_vtec : 9th May 2010 at 09:22.
Old 9th May 2010, 11:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
One hell of a car you've got there!
Congratulations and enoy your ride.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
That car with that aero kit deserves these rims>>>> OZ matt black superturismo

http://www.albertocarshop.com/phppag...matt_black.jpg

The stock 17s would be replaced by 18s sometime in future. If you have read the entire thread, you will notice that even i wanted to go for bigger ,smarter 18s but had to settle with 17s as my dad and a few other people were opposed to the idea of replacing these.
As of now, my biggest fear of these 17s looking relatively small and lack lustre on this car has been proved wrong ,thankfully enough. They look good enough. Nothing extraordinary but yea, they fit in well so i aint complaining
Old 9th May 2010, 13:25   #50
BHPian

Skimmed thru' just the first page and the pics.

The stock wheels under no circumstance look bad

Keep her well detailed, and you're lucky white car with black (mostly) interiors are relatively easy to maintain. Black car with beige interiors is the equivalent of harakiri in this country

Last edited by Ash_vtec : 9th May 2010 at 13:25. Reason: smiley rule
Old 9th May 2010, 13:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Lol ,as Mclaren rulez said,a LOT ! specifically, my dad would know a lot better
I have no choice now. IPL/Politics here I come.
Old 9th May 2010, 14:30   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats

Hey..Congrats on owning a first of a kind beauty! Just wanted to check with you on the service front! Will there be an issue for service as this is not even launched here? I doubt whether the Service team are already trained on it?

Could you post close up pics of the car with & without the LED lights on? I love this car for the LEDs alone! I think with the quattro, it should have got the combination of "fun to drive" & "great to be driven around". I always loved the BMW for the driver centric reviews and Audi A4 for the looks. But I used to think will we ever have a combination of both -- looks like this question is answered.

Have you driven a BMW 3 / 5 series? any comparisons possible with the BMW & this quattro model?
Old 9th May 2010, 14:37   #53
BHPian

I think service should not be an issue, since Q7 has the same engine and is already available in India.
I could be wrong though.
Old 9th May 2010, 15:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Black car with beige interiors is the equivalent of harakiri in this country
true true !

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I have no choice now. IPL/Politics here I come.
LOLZ !

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hey..Congrats on owning a first of a kind beauty! Just wanted to check with you on the service front! Will there be an issue for service as this is not even launched here? I doubt whether the Service team are already trained on it?

Could you post close up pics of the car with & without the LED lights on? I love this car for the LEDs alone! I think with the quattro, it should have got the combination of "fun to drive" & "great to be driven around". I always loved the BMW for the driver centric reviews and Audi A4 for the looks. But I used to think will we ever have a combination of both -- looks like this question is answered.

Have you driven a BMW 3 / 5 series? any comparisons possible with the BMW & this quattro model?
This was 1 of our 1st questions to them, since its a CBU, will there be service issues. Well thankfully no there wont be any, they have it all covered & as Sumit said, the same engine shared with the Q7 just helps the cause.No i havnt driven either of the Beemers, we were first going to buy the f10 bmw 530d that launched on 2nd may 2010, but we opted for Audi since we got such a sexy and unique catch !
As far as pics are concerned, the pics on the 1st page were taken by 1 of the people at Audi itself. I dont have a decent camera at present to capture good quality night pics with the LEDs on. I would have them clicked and posted in about 5 to 6 days time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I think service should not be an issue, since Q7 has the same engine and is already available in India.
I could be wrong though.
Nope you are spot on. There wont be any service issues thankfully

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 9th May 2010 at 16:00.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Such a pleasure to see the Audi getting it's due on "this forum" - when I got mine in 2008 it was another story. But I can tell you this - This is the car for exclusivity & performance & ride comfort - rolled into one package.

I still think the 2.0 TDi is a great buy. Ofcourse once you cross over to the 3.0 IT IS ANOTHER LEAGUE...

Enjoy the car & don't go overboard with the tyre upsize. If you have 17's you are home if you have 18's you're on the borderline over that "is over the top"

Cheers
Old 10th May 2010, 00:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Such a pleasure to see the Audi getting it's due on "this forum" - when I got mine in 2008 it was another story. But I can tell you this - This is the car for exclusivity & performance & ride comfort - rolled into one package.

I still think the 2.0 TDi is a great buy. Ofcourse once you cross over to the 3.0 IT IS ANOTHER LEAGUE...

Enjoy the car & don't go overboard with the tyre upsize. If you have 17's you are home if you have 18's you're on the borderline over that "is over the top" Cheers

upsize is surely not anytime soon. i am absoutely satisfied with the 17s. thanks a lot anyways ! cheers
Old 10th May 2010, 09:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

Oh by the way, to all Mumbai fellas who can help, i need to put nice DARK black window tints on the Audi. IF NOT FROM AUDI MUMBAI WEST, where can i get it done from and for what price approximately ??? Incase Audi gets it done, no issues what so ever. But incase i have to do it from elsewhere , where can i get it done from ? I dont like the way some people put on the window films with their knees on the cars rear seat. No way in the world would i let anyone do the in the Audi.
So yes, where can i get it done from if NOT FROM AUDI WEST & at what rate estimated? For reference, i live at Andheri so for people who know, it might get easier for them to tell me a place somewhere in the suburbs near by .thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 11:03   #58
BHPian

Superb Purchase. I can just imagine the sheer performance the 3.0 engine gives the baby Audi. I drive the 2.0 TDI Audi and the engine was a pure letdown for the car. Now they have 2 extremes, a sedate 2.0L and an insane 3.0L

Why would you want the sun film at when you have the sun blinds? I found that very effective as well. The AC is good enough to cool the entire cabin even without Sun films.

Last edited by krish3 : 10th May 2010 at 11:04.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Superb Purchase. I can just imagine the sheer performance the 3.0 engine gives the baby Audi. I drive the 2.0 TDI Audi and the engine was a pure letdown for the car. Now they have 2 extremes, a sedate 2.0L and an insane 3.0L

Why would you want the sun film at when you have the sun blinds? I found that very effective as well. The AC is good enough to cool the entire cabin even without Sun films.

firstly, the sun blinds are only for the rear windows. When it comes to expressway drives (this car would be primarily used for highway drives) ,though the AC is superb, sun films go a long way in blocking the suns rays when driving through the midday sun. People who travel on the Mumbai-Pune expressway or alike in afternoons would probably know what am i talking about. So the 1 major reason is, inspite of good ac and sun blinds on rear windows, the tints would STILL HELP to a great extent. Another small reason being, after a certain period of time ,people ogling away at the car with their palms on the window glass starts getting into the nerves. Tints to a certain extent ,help in providing a certain sense of privacy. Last and most kiddy reason, black tints on white car = KOOL
Old 10th May 2010, 11:44   #60
BHPian

wonderful acquisition platz. This is a dream car to own. Definitely on my wish list!
wishing you and your car miles and miles of happiness, driving pleasure and reliability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks