Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 00:25   #46
BHPian

First of all congrats even though I am a bit late for that now but still since the cars surprises you with new features regularly and I am sure you must be getting more and more attached to your car as the time passes.. and I must say that I really enjoyed reading your review and your posts of new discoveries as and when you made them. Your approach to the review was in very layman terms which was fun reading. as sometimes it happens that even a good reviewer who has driven/drives more high end cars have a different perspective as they have experienced better and are not easily impressed as much as a layman. So a detailed layman review is always a good read.

The minute details you covered were nice. Now I have this new found respect for this amazing car!

Enjoy the beauty for many more thousands of miles.
Old 13th December 2010, 14:25   #47
BHPian

Re: My silver steed is here -- Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI A/T

Thank you Magikrider for your kind words.

Meanwhile, I began to use the triptronic feature yesterday. Until then, I did not know that it had any day-to-day use, thinking it to be some kind of a technical thing. Its so easy to use. Simply tilt the gear lever to the left and start shfting gears manually all to the number seven. The gears are real smooth. Also, started using the paddle shifts. A great feature.

I haven't driven much -- 3700 k.m. in 29 weeks -- but driving this car is a joy. Really! I don't think I would have liked the BMW 320D C, which I had shortlisted for buying, as the Superb's almost endless features makes a huge difference day-to-day.

I was wondering if some can tell me if the SD card Class 10 can be used with the Superb's Bolero entertainment system. I am using a Class 4 now but want to improve the transfer speed.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 13th December 2010 at 14:27.
Old 13th December 2010, 18:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
First of all congrats even though I am a bit late for that now but still since the cars surprises you with new features regularly and I am sure you must be getting more and more attached to your car as the time passes.. and I must say that I really enjoyed reading your review and your posts of new discoveries as and when you made them. Your approach to the review was in very layman terms which was fun reading. as sometimes it happens that even a good reviewer who has driven/drives more high end cars have a different perspective as they have experienced better and are not easily impressed as much as a layman. So a detailed layman review is always a good read.

The minute details you covered were nice. Now I have this new found respect for this amazing car!

Enjoy the beauty for many more thousands of miles.
I totally agree what you have said above plus i love the layman approach towards the car which is sure to give more pleasure day by day discovering new surprises instead finding all in one go. I have marked this car as my next one in future
Old 18th December 2010, 08:53   #49
BHPian

Since I had read somewhere, probabaly on this Forum, that the engine oil of a new Superb 1.8 TFSI needs topping up after a few thousand kilometres, I took it to the dealer for a check-up. And indeed, just under half a litre had to be added, which the dealer did not charge me for. While at the dealership, test drove the Yeti Elegance. Believe me, after the Superb, it cannot come up to one's expectations. What with only a M/T!
Old 18th December 2010, 09:27   #50
BHPian

Note from Mod : You have way too many spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other members / guests.

You are hereby instructed to proof-read your posts prior to hitting the "submit" button. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2011 at 23:05.
zipzapzoom is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th January 2011, 10:03   #51
Maddy

hi IVar, great post. i am an old BHPian from my palio 1.6 days. Been using a fiesta for 4 years now, believe me not a single trouble. locked in on a skoda superb 1.8TSI AT. i looked at your insurance quotes and got surprised. My dealer in hyderabad is quoting 95000 Rupees for the insurance + warranty. i do have my corporate insurance company that does everything from my company to my staff. they have not yet given a quote. will the dealer force me to buy his insurance? there is more than 45000 Rs difference !! Also does any one know if the 2011 Superb will come with bluetooth? the VW dealer said he can add it for 28K INR. i am assuming the superb should also have the same option.

Old 17th January 2011, 13:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

The superb now comes with bluetooth standard.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:34   #53
BHPian

hi!!

i just took the test drive of the superb 1.8 a/t and i was just blown away. I went to see the accord first and accord does not stand a chance infront of superb.

my quote -22.56 (on road) Delhi registration.

my only question is which dealer should i buy it from and has the A.S.S improved over time.

Please help.
Old 11th February 2011, 12:59   #54
BHPian

Finally got the skoda superb 1.8 auto, will be posting the buying experience and other details shortly.

thanks ivar1951 for your help.
Old 26th June 2011, 15:48   #55
BHPian

Oops! I somehow missed that the first service period for the Superb was 15000 k.m. or one year, whichever comes first. Luckily, came to know of it by chance. Got it done yesterday; cost Rs. 7300. Hassle-free job by Krishna Auto, Chandigarh.

The car has given me no trouble at all though, I must admit, it has done only 7000 k.m. in just under 14 months.

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2011, 16:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The superb now comes with bluetooth standard.
This is news to me. Any idea whether earlier models can get this feature?
Old 26th June 2011, 16:17   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
This is news to me. Any idea whether earlier models can get this feature?
Its just a module that has to be installed, and then programmed by vag-com. Very much possible. But get your dealership to agree.
Old 26th June 2011, 16:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its just a module that has to be installed, and then programmed by vag-com. Very much possible. But get your dealership to agree.
Thanks. I agree that it can be easily installed but, yes, its best to get the dealer to do it so that warranty issues do not crop up later.
Old 26th June 2011, 21:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Oops! I somehow missed that the first service period for the Superb was 15000 k.m. or one year, whichever comes first. Luckily, came to know of it by chance. Got it done yesterday; cost Rs. 7300.

Cheers!
Thats great , I was expecting it to be on the higher side of 10k.
can you please put up a detailed bill of your first service.
Old 1st July 2011, 16:35   #60
BHPian

[quote=akshay1234;2406308]Its just a module that has to be installed, and then programmed by vag-com. Very much possible. But get your dealership to agree.[/qu

The dealer says they cannot install the blue tooth device. In the news cars, they have changed the ICE to incorporate the blue tooth feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks