Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 15:11   #16
BHPian

Congrats for the Civic. The dashboard design is still unmatched. Stunning pics.
Loved you profile pic. Cute doggie.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car ShuvC. I remember losing my heart to a relative's Civic I drove around Salt Lake. The aircraft like dash, the click-click of the gearshift, the competent handling - bliss!

Wish you many many happy miles in it.

Just one word. You should have given the Cruze a bit of a consideration. Recently I've been lucky to give it a test, and now its my D-segment favourite.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:09   #18
BHPian

that is the perfect upgrade from baleno.congrats.
Old 9th May 2010, 20:36   #19
BHPian

Congrats Shuvc!! The car looks lovely in white. When's the treat?
Old 9th May 2010, 21:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

The car looks pristine in white, matches your T-shirt. Congrats.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:05   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Civic is a great car. I have loved this car ever since it was launched. I can't buy it though, my usage is on higher side.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:08   #22
BANNED

Heartiest congratulations bro!
Great color choice as well! White is the best color in civic.
I immediately fell in love with this car when i TD'ed it. We Couldn't buy it due to some constraints, but this is a priority on our agenda and you'll see my initial ownership report soon in near future. Love the pics!
Old 10th May 2010, 09:07   #23
BHPian

Civic in white is a beaut.Congrats man.Drive safe.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Initial Day 1 observations:
- The suspension does seem firm. And can hear it negotiating the rough patches.
A bit unnerving isn't it? You start hearing all kinds clunks and pops as you become in tune with the car. And then you start worrying about it; dealership dudes can't hear any of these noises. Welcome to petrolhead-dom :P

Quote:
- Engine snarl sounds nice. Haven't gone beyond 3K rpm. Ok ok, mebbe 4kish once !!
You haven't heard anything yet Sirjee. 3k+ RPM is where the fun is at. Keep it below 2.5 - 3K until 1000KMs. There are some run in instructions in the manual.

Quote:
- Black plastic at the base of the front quarter panels dont have a snug fit. They don't rattle. But ...
So it's not just my car then...

Quote:
- A faint droning noise. Not sure yet if it's part of the normal engine sound or some belt noise or the tyres (Michelin MXV8) or my imagination !
My engine has a slight tappety note to it and there's some transmission whine in the lower gears... or so I think. Everyone else thinks its whisper quiet.

Quote:
- Gearshift (2nd to 3rd) slots in with an audible thunk. Need to get used to it I guess.
It will free up as you rack up the miles.

Quote:
- Alignment and balancing seems to be a bit off. Will anyway get it done outside. Tyre pressure from dealership was at 32psi. I checked at my regular place. Have retained 32 for now.
- Tanked up with normal unleaded from BP. Auto cut-off at 42 odd litres. Dealer said they had given 5litres. Did they give more than that?
- First 70kms shows 8kmpl FE. This includes quite a bit of idling with AC on and 2nd/3rd gear traffic.
- Yet to find the ideal driving position. Getting a bit of neck and lumbar strain. Or maybe I'm still a tad tense driving it.
Rear cannot be aligned. Fronts can be. Get it done outside - dealership won't do jack.

Quote:
- Spare key does not have remote locking buttons. So in case the main key battery fails, one needs to call Honda?
Spare key functions as good as the other key except for remote locking and unlocking. If you lock by remote and the battery runs down, you can simply put the key in the driver's door barrel and twist. It'll unlock. Twist the other way and it'll central-lock. The immobilizer function works without any battery too. So a run down battery will only slightly inconvenience you, nothing more.

'gratz on the new car! Don't forget to post your experiences in the Civic thread in the long term ownership forums.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

@dinu2506, @subrata, @ragz, @utopian, @predator, @procircuit, @saurabh, @1100, @anshuman, @thorpe, @octane - Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Ages gracefully, absolutely no rattles, the engine continues to be a gem,
Referred to your thread many times too. It's these 'long term' factors that did have a significant influence on the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratamondal View Post
You know how happy we are
Yep ! Bothered you a lot too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
Party Time
As I said, lets plan a meet !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
OT Loved you profile pic. Cute doggie.
Geee ! Thanks. She's a darling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
You should have given the Cruze a bit of a consideration. Recently I've been lucky to give it a test, and now its my D-segment favourite.
Well I did. But it didn't meet the criteria as an overall package for my needs. Plus, I guess you are already a diesel convert, while I remain a petrol nut at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
that is the perfect upgrade from baleno
Right. This was also a criteria. And the Civic was the best fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
When's the treat?
Treat = meet !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The car looks pristine in white, matches your T-shirt
Wasn't planned though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I can't buy it though, my usage is on higher side.
My average run is around 15K annually. Borderline for a case for a diesel I guess. But loads of calculations later, I felt overall cost of running would be ok with the Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
but this is a priority on our agenda and you'll see my initial ownership report soon in near future
Congrats in advance !

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Civic in white is a beaut.Congrats man.Drive safe
Thought about a used RS and been tracking RS ads for a long time. But couldn't muster up the courage/guts to go for one.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:43   #26
BANNED

Congrats. The gearshift should ease out and become silky smooth is about 8000-10000km.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:53   #27
BHPian

Heartly congratulations on your purchase. White is a killer in CIVIC. Have fun
Old 10th May 2010, 11:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations, she looks great! Wasn't that a Civic that all of us had ripped around the airport when I was in Cal a few years back? So it finally translated into something good

Have fun with your new ride & that's a very nicely documented first post about the options & why you chose what you did. Well done
Old 10th May 2010, 11:58   #29
BHPian

good solid choice shuvc. You cant go wrong with the civic. It has got one hell of an engine and excellent interiors. Enjoy the ownership and do keep us updated.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

What a "jor ka jhatka"? i was like - aah! he must be playing a belated April fool on us. And here i am and what do i see? "Shuvc sitting in front of a Tafeta White Civic" - I am sure Ninja must be very happy to get her hands on the Jap. The first thing i did after seeing the mail, I called ETC and told her about the Shuvcivic (is that a name for your car?) and she was like, WOW!

Congratulations on the new car - When is the treat coming? i like Butter Nan & Panner Butter Masala (spicy).

Why am i so happy? - Wait, Shuvc wait! I am coming to get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks