Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 12:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Got Garware tints on the windows and rear. Medium Asphalt Grey if I recall correctly
Correction:
Wonder how I conjured up that name for the tints. The actual name is Dark Natural Ash !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
the more tempted I am ! .. very very tempted.
Give in to temptation maaan. It feels good to do so at times
Nice meeting up after a loooong time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
What is this Blue LED thing? Do you have a Pic of the same?
It's a tiny led in the cabin light console in front of the rear view mirror. Pretty difficult to get a shot, since one can make it out only if the surroundings are quite dark. Will try to though.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:09   #92
Senior - BHPian

I am also looking to change my OEM Goodyear tyres pretty soon. Getting fed up with high tyre noise. My comments below.

Quote:
Thanks !

2nd tank up today. The display read 10.2 and my calculations indicate 9.5. Last time my calculations were 10.8x vs 10.5 as per the display. All this with 100% AC and on both occasions with 3+ hrs of idling. Am extremely happy with the FE. My Baleno gives around 1kmpl more under the same circumstances.

Yesterday after getting the new tyres, I pushed her somewhat, shifting at 3 to 3.5K and went upto 130. At the end of 20kms of such driving, the on board reading showed an increase in FE - from 10.1 to 10.3 !!!

Some observations
# The armrest between the driver and passenger seat is perfectly located for resting the left hand.

Absolutely. And it is extendable as well.

# The rather thick A-pillar does tend to obstruct view at times while turning

I found it pretty ok.

# The stereo does not have an attenuator button. I just switch of the HU power instead.

Switching off is absolutely fine. When you switch it back on, it will start from where you left. And the most interesting thing is that it remembers the last track played even if you remove the USB drive and re-connect after a few days.

# The horn, although located at the centre of the wheel, is fairly easy to reach while maintaining the normal steering grip, due to the design of the wheel.

I found it a bit difficult to reach. However I dont use them often. So no complaints.

# The blue LED faintly lighting up the area around the gear knob looks lovely.

This is absolutely wonderful. I also like the welcome lighting of console and ability to control the brightness of console lights. In the dark, if you switch your parking lights on, the whole console lights up including the blue beam and adjusts to the set brightness along with other lights such as window and ORVM controls, gear position indicators, A/c controls etc.

# People checking out the Civic closely for the first time keep raving about how spacious it is.

It is really spacious. Only the boot could have been a bit bigger. ANHC has got a bigger boot.

# I'm not facing any issues due to the so called 'lack of low end grunt' in slow city driving.

I have an AT and never knew about such a problem.

Last edited by vasoo : 28th May 2010 at 12:12.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I am also looking to change my OEM Goodyear tyres pretty soon. Getting fed up with high tyre noise
Day 2 with the V550s were also quite satisfactory. Dry grip is good. Taking corners with confidence. Silent comfy ride.

Quote:
Absolutely. And it is extendable as well.
Extendable? How?

Quote:
I found it pretty ok.
I might be subconsciously drawing comparisons with the Baleno.

Quote:
I found it a bit difficult to reach. However I dont use them often. So no complaints.
It's not as easily reachable as in the Baleno. But am ok with it. I guess I have somewhat long fingers too. Gripping the 10 o'clock position with the left hand, it's ok to reach the centre of the wheel with the left thumb.

Last edited by shuvc : 28th May 2010 at 12:30.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Extendable? How?
Yoohoo ! Found out how to extend the armrest. Push the top from behind and it slides out in front. Wasn't aware of this. Cool !
Old 28th May 2010, 13:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

^ Dhaat! we have this option in all the chairs in our office. Does it have multi-direction adjustment of the driver's seat? BTW our office chairs are 5WD

you didn't get the pic of the Blue LED thingy?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 28th May 2010 at 13:39.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Drove over a 100kms today to complete 1000kms. And what do I do within the next 5 kms!?

6K, 188 .. mamma mia all the while thinking of @GTO's Italian ishtyle run-in !

Now for the first service. Should I wait till 8th June (1 month) or get it done asap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
you didn't get the pic of the Blue LED thingy?
Will try, but will be difficult for sure.

Last edited by shuvc : 29th May 2010 at 23:45.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yoohoo ! Found out how to extend the armrest. Push the top from behind and it slides out in front. Wasn't aware of this. Cool !
That's hilarious! but you are better off... I figured that out after a month, that too, from a friend who was riding along with me
Old 30th May 2010, 03:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Drove over a 100kms today to complete 1000kms. And what do I do within the next 5 kms!?

6K, 188 .. mamma mia all the while thinking of @GTO's Italian ishtyle run-in !

Now for the first service. Should I wait till 8th June (1 month) or get it done asap?

Will try, but will be difficult for sure.
Sir get the service done immediately as it is mentioned in the service booklet
1 month or 1000 Kilometers whichever is earlier.
The highest I have touched in my Civic Automatic is 199 kmph and it was just a whisker away from the redline!!
Sir a very sad thing happenned with me yesterday:-
As you know I had booked the Cruze automatic (Diamond white) and have been awaiting delivery.Registration taxes are increasing in Delhi from the 1st of june by 1lakh and I have been asking him to deliver my car since the first week of May; yesterday I thought that I should buy the manual model and went to the showroom to see which all colours were available in manual and was shocked to see a Cruze automatic (Diamond white Colour) parked at the showroom and getting ready for delivery and I presumed it was for me as they have been telling me that the next car they will be recieving from the factory will be for me but when I asked them I was shocked to hear NO.I simply asked them to show me the booking form of the person to whom that car was being delivered and if his booking date was prior to mine then I would not say anything but he did not show me the booking form.After arguments they told me the truth that my car is being delivered to a Traffic Commissioner and I knew that now nothing can be done and I saw another person take away my car in front of me and I immediately after giving them a good piece of my mind cancelled my booking and came back home frustrated.
Today I contacted another dealer and he is giving me two choices:-
1.He has manual LTZ model in Pure White/Diamond white/black colours
2.He has only 1 automatic cruze readily available but that is in Atlantis blue colour.
What do I do shall I go for the colour I like or do I go for the automatic transmission as I love automatics?
Is Atlantis blue a good colour?
Its not a question of 1 lakh rupees as I am buying a 15 lakh rupee car so it doesnt matter to me much but what is annoying me is the fact that I booked it in april and have to pay over 1lakh rupees extra for no fault of mine.

As far as the dealer namely "Regent Auto" with whom I had previously booked my car is concerned I have decided to take strict action against him and I am from a family of lawyers so I am aware of how to tacke such frauds and unethical people!!!

I request all members of this forum to advice me in making my choice between the above 2 choices (viz automatic atlantis blue or manual white) immediately as I have no time left as only if I make the payment by Sunday afternoon will I get the car's delivery in time and get it registered on Monday before the prices hike on tuesday.Kindly respond quickly
Thanks alot
really appreciate
Old 30th May 2010, 11:09   #99
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2010 at 17:31.
np23 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th May 2010, 11:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

Well it's upto to you to decide the priority. I see 3 things from which you need to choose.

1. Is saving 1L rupees worth driving a 'blue' 'auto' ? Is the White colour worth that extra 1L to you? If so, wait ....
2. Is the White colour more of a need than an Auto? If so, buy a white manual
3. Is the Auto and 1L more important than the colour? If so, buy the Blue auto.

NB - This being a Civic thread, most members may not be viewing it for Cruze related info. You'd have had more chances of getting responses if you had created a new thread in the What Car? section.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2010 at 17:31. Reason: Quoted post is being deleted
Old 30th May 2010, 12:30   #101
BHPian

Thank you Sir,
I am leaving for the showroom right now and I have decided on the blue auto as I always love automatics but I will just have 1 last look at the diamnd white aswell!!
I prefere autos because I have to commute in daily Delhi traffic
Thank you I will just post the same in the whatcar section I posted it over here as I had already told you about me booking the cruze so thought you might advice me and you did very well Thank you
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

1st Service done today @1213 clicks. Crossed 1000kms on Sunday - 3 weeks since delivery.

Nothing of significance to report. There was some confusion about no slot having been booked for service, but it was taken care of by the customer rep soon.

They took 3 hours overall. I guess they just did some basic checks and washed the car. Having driven through wet roads last night, the car was a mess - with mud spray all over. So it was good to get her back clean.

4K rpm and 120 is being breached quite often now ! Though for my daily commute, going upto 3K is quick enough.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:08   #103
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2010 at 11:16.
babhishek is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th June 2010, 00:58   #104
Team-BHP Support

OK I'm unable to figure it out even with your explanation, shuvc. How do I extend the armrest again?

"Push the top from behind" - take a picture of that please!
Old 6th June 2010, 01:45   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
OK I'm unable to figure it out even with your explanation, shuvc. How do I extend the armrest again?

"Push the top from behind" - take a picture of that please!
Here you go.

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-armrest-slide-_-1.jpg

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-armrest-slide-_-2.jpg

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-armrest-slide-_-3.jpg

And a couple of 'dry weather' snaps of the V550 Yoko's

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-avs-db-v550-_-1.jpg
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-avs-db-v550-_-2.jpg

Last edited by shuvc : 6th June 2010 at 01:49.

Most Viewed