Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 12:21   #31
BHPian

Congratulations shuvc!! The Civic has and will always look brilliant in white.
Is it just me or is the instument cluster pic really showing 2.1 kmpl??
Old 10th May 2010, 12:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thank you @ImmortalZ, @sgiitk, @suman, @ashish22, @planet_rocker, @MARCUS_520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
And then you start worrying about it; dealership dudes can't hear any of these noises.

You haven't heard anything yet Sirjee. 3k+ RPM is where the fun is at. Keep it below 2.5 - 3K until 1000KMs. There are some run in instructions in the manual.
Was thinking the same. Would be pointless asking the dealership about those faint noises. Maybe it's just me. After the Baleno, most newer cars are so quiet, then faint sounds get amplified.

And the snarl - ah well, did hear/experience it earlier in other cars and has been one of the attractions !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The gearshift should ease out and become silky smooth is about 8000-10000km.
Am hoping so too. That's what all the long term reviews indicate. It's still absolutely smooth. Just the thunk. It could be me. The Baleno shift requires more effort, so maybe I'm pushing it a bit too hard.

Looking forward to your soon to begin ownership experience too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heartiest Congratulations, she looks great! Wasn't that a Civic that all of us had ripped around the airport when I was in Cal a few years back? So it finally translated into something good

Have fun with your new ride & that's a very nicely documented first post about the options & why you chose what you did. Well done
Yes it was ! And I recall we concluded that given a choice, we'd take a RS over it ! From a car to car comparo pov.

I was actually keenly following your upgrade thread too. Often wishing you'd take the plunge before me so that I could have some reference points around the decision making process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Enjoy the ownership and do keep us updated.
Will do surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I am sure Ninja must be very happy to get her hands on the Jap. The first thing i did after seeing the mail, I called ETC and told her about the Shuvcivic (is that a name for your car?) and she was like, WOW!
Unfortunately Ninja is out of town. Should be in next weekend.
shuvCivic - just something I came up with when posting the thread. You are the car-name guy. Feel free to suggest alternatives !

Quote:
When is the treat coming? i like Butter Nan & Panner Butter Masala (spicy).
Arrange a drive+meet to Azad Hind and thy will shall be done !

Quote:
Why am i so happy? - Wait, Shuvc wait! I am coming to get it
Haha - not happening. 'It' stays with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Is it just me or is the instument cluster pic really showing 2.1 kmpl??
It is showing 2.1kmpl. This is at the showroom @5kms odo reading. I guess they had the engine on idle for a while, hence the low average. It's crept upto 8.3kmpl now after 80kms.

Last edited by shuvc : 10th May 2010 at 12:41.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I was actually keenly following your upgrade thread too. Often wishing you'd take the plunge before me so that I could have some reference points around the decision making process!
LOL! I decided to go-slow on the upgrade because of the following sedan launches in 2010-11 (hopefully) -
  • Vento
  • "New" Fiesta
  • "New" Lancer (the regular, not the Evo)
Have reluctantly shelved the idea of a Cedia for more or less the same reason as you (imagine a new Lancer next year & one's stuck with the "old" looks of the Cedia).

If none of the above happen by Q1 of next year (the Vento will definitely happen but need to check out what they'll offer at what price & also if the rear legroom is good), I may very well go the same way as you have
Old 10th May 2010, 13:04   #34
BHPian

@shuvc - congrats on the car!!
Old 10th May 2010, 13:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @babhishek !

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
[*]Vento[*]"New" Fiesta[*]"New" Lancer (the regular, not the Evo)
I wonder if the Vento will have engine options to your liking.

Other than the so-so Mitsu situation in Calcutta, another factor that played on my mind wrt the New Lancer was spare prices. IIRC, the Cedia when launched had pretty high parts prices (imported parts I guess) and then it came down after a couple of years. The New Lancer parts prices would surely have the same trend.

Since 12-13L (new lancer would probably be in this range too) was stretching a lot for me, I wanted to take the safer and relatively cheaper cost of ownership option.

Last edited by shuvc : 10th May 2010 at 13:07.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arrange a drive+meet to Azad Hind and thy will shall be done !
I am stuck till 7th June - Very Busy! & Then bankruptcy sets in (RT + Insurance) + Planet's new home just got expensive - I am not arranging any meets soon - will the pool-side type do? or may be a house-meet. lets see, kya hota hai!

Quote:
Haha - not happening. 'It' stays with me!
Hahaha! wait and watch! - for the time being enjoy "IT"

I will try and be at your place soon

Quote:
Feel free to suggest alternatives !
I think ShuvCivic is perfect!

Last edited by planet_rocker : 10th May 2010 at 13:31.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. Many sleepless nights, endless scenario calculations, pros/cons, costs:benefits, microcalculations.... and now this
Somehow once you said no to the Cedia, I knew you would go in for a Civic eventually. White looks sexy. When's the ICE upgrade happening?

Congrats again! Super buy, will stand you in good stead over the next few years. Treat, drive due when I am in Cal
Old 10th May 2010, 14:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on buying a great car ! Welcome aboard the Civic club !

Quote:
Test drives - my opinions

ANHC
Yeah its fast - but - it lacks soul. Did not feel connected.
I can relate to you. I test drove the ANHC immediately after test driving the Civic and honestly, I was not impressed.

Quote:
Black plastic at the base of the front quarter panels dont have a snug fit. They don't rattle. But ...
Its there in my car and my gripe as well.

Quote:
- Gearshift (2nd to 3rd) slots in with an audible thunk. Need to get used to it I guess.
It will get smoother with usage. The gearshift in my car is very good. Have not had any issues with it till now.

Quote:
Auto cut-off at 42 odd litres. Dealer said they had given 5litres. Did they give more than that?
My dealer gave me 10 lts of fuel.

Quote:
- First 70kms shows 8kmpl FE. This includes quite a bit of idling with AC on and 2nd/3rd gear traffic.
You will see the FE numbers climb up as you add more miles to your car.

Quote:
- Yet to find the ideal driving position. Getting a bit of neck and lumbar strain. Or maybe I'm still a tad tense driving it.
Tell me about it. I found mine only yesterday (almost after a month and half of buying the car)

Quote:
- Glove compartment does not have a lock. Would have liked one, what with an inquisitive kid on-board !
Agree with you. Even my good old Esteem has a lock for the glove compartment.

Quote:
- Spare key does not have remote locking buttons. So in case the main key battery fails, one needs to call Honda?
I was very disappointed here. For a car thats worth 14 plus lacs, Honda does not give a second remote transmitter.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Peninsular was feeling especially generous the day I got my car I think. I had nearly half a tank of fuel as I drove out of the dealership.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:15   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Thought about a used RS and been tracking RS ads for a long time. But couldn't muster up the courage/guts to go for one.
The civic suits your requirements to a T.It's the long standing favourite of petrol-heads in the D-segment and with good reason too.Any tyre upgrades planned??

P.s.:I don't do a lot of daily driving, so I went the RS way.It's everything that the Civic is not.

Last edited by octane1002 : 10th May 2010 at 15:26.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats shuvc. Your FE figures will surely rise as you gather more miles. Mine seems to have settled at about 11.6 kmpl for the last few weeks. White was one of my favorite colors. But Red it had to be
Old 10th May 2010, 16:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thank you @rr_zen, @razor, @vasoo

@gaurav_chopra04, didn't really pay attention to whether the lumbar support felt less or more. Must have been a wrong driving position. Haven't driven much yesterday and today since am down with a viral. Should be able to put in some mileage tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
And I must mention this...you lucky chap....the V is 16.16 in Banglore (as of 2 weeks ago)......almost 2.4 difference
Your post probably came in a bit late after the mods approved it.
2.4 L ! Wow ! And to think it's probably even cheaper in Delhi/Chandigarh ! So the V A/T is nearly 17 ??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
When's the ICE upgrade happening?
ICE - gotta speak to Karan. And do it phase by phase. Else there'll be too much strain on the pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
My dealer gave me 10 lts of fuel.
Fuel tank is 50L, right? When I took delivery, not a single fuel indicator bar was glowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
The civic suits your requirements to a T.
Any tyre upgrades planned??
Yep, that it does.

Still thinking of a tyre upgrade. The MXV8s are decent, I understand.

Btw, saw a new S beside mine, and that had Bridgestone B250s. Does the S and V have different tyres? Then again, the TD V vehicle had B250s. I had requested for Michelins. Not sure if that had any effect. I doubt it.

Last edited by shuvc : 10th May 2010 at 16:39.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Many congratulations for a great car with a great color.

Another car added to owners pride and reader's envy
Old 10th May 2010, 17:27   #44
Team-BHP Support

Wow! So you are now a proud Civic owner. I remember the ride in your high revving Baleno rocket some years back. I wonder what will you do with a low slung car like the Civic. Watch out world...
Old 10th May 2010, 22:14   #45
BHPian

Shuvojoy da massive massive congrats to you. Great buy. Looks fav in white color.

Most Viewed