Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 23:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @mobike008, @zappo, @sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Initial Day 1 observations:
- Alignment and balancing seems to be a bit off
Drove some more today. Might have felt an alignment issue due to a slight road camber. Was not that evident today. Need to observe a bit more.

Balancing .. was more observant today. Not sure whether it's the firm suspension throwing up the wee wee vibrations or due to improper balancing. Again, need to observe a bit more. Anyway, it's not that evident below 100kph. And intermittently, slightly above that speed.

Lumbar and neck strain issues were non-existent today. So I guess it was due to a combination of me being a tad tense and seat position set at the lowest. Have raised it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I wonder what will you do with a low slung car like the Civic. Watch out world...
Time for another trip with the gang !

# The windshield water spray is like a fine mist. Quite a change from the Baleno's 'robust' spray.

# The security system locks and unlocks silently. Is there any mode to enable any sound/notification? I like it this way, but wanted to know if there is an option. Must say am yet to go through the manual.

Last edited by shuvc : 10th May 2010 at 23:04.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:18   #47
BHPian

Let me congratulate you first on the global forum, and then will do so on the Kolkata forum ! Saw the flurry of mails on Saturday and before I knew, the big Baleno fan got converted !!

Best wishes for miles and miles on your ride.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, saw a new S beside mine, and that had Bridgestone B250s. Does the S and V have different tyres? Then again, the TD V vehicle had B250s. I had requested for Michelins. Not sure if that had any effect. I doubt it.
It's the luck of draw actually. The Civic comes with Bridgestones, Goodyear NCT5 or Michelins.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:03   #49
BHPian

Congrats shuvc on the fantastic purchase. Civic in white is absolutely stunning.
Enjoy the ride. I also went in to buy Civic but finally bought City VMT as low GC of Civic was an issue with me.
@Immortalz - I waited for 3 days to get myslef a City -VMT with Michelins.
So i guess you can ask the dealer about the choice of tyre make.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:36   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your new high-revving machine! What can I say, the Civic indeed looks best in white

I see the Civic as a perfect upgrade to the C segment sedans of yesteryear. I upgraded from the OHC, you from the Baleno. The Civic retains the fun-to-drive factor & no-nonsense ownership experience, and then offers safety standards / highway behaviour / interior space in tune with the current times. I totally agree with your POV on stretching the budget & buying a better car to start off with; this will eventually make you hold on to the car for longer, and of course keep you more satisfied as well.

Shuvc : Want to start modifying our Civics together?
Old 12th May 2010, 12:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Is the stomac still upset because you are not playing with the new toy? When is the tyre upgrade coming up? which brand? get the alloys painted black.

Is the engine bay still clean without dusts?
Old 12th May 2010, 13:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @Hells Bells, @GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
the big Baleno fan got converted !!
Am still a Baleno fan ! Baleno stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What can I say, the Civic indeed looks best in white
Ogled at all white Civic threads including yours! And as you had indicated, I too prefer the current model lamps and front bumper but like the earlier version of the round rear lamps.

Quote:
The Civic retains the fun-to-drive factor & no-nonsense ownership experience, and then offers safety standards / highway behaviour / interior space in tune with the current times.
Excellent summarising of the key strengths.

Quote:
Want to start modifying our Civics together?
Ah well. You see, I paid close 5.5+ L more than you, for the car and would be paying interest too on top of that. My mod budget is severely constrained

The Baleno has just had a dose of ICE, Tyres and Tints all these years. I guess the Civic would end up with the same at the most - over a phased manner.

But I wish I were in Bombay. Love those tweeter mounts Ajay has crafted for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Is the stomac still upset because you are not playing with the new toy? When is the tyre upgrade coming up? which brand? get the alloys painted black.

Is the engine bay still clean without dusts?
Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-1/2 of Wed and still <100kms on the odo :( Letme start clocking some kms first - baki later. It's so hot and humid too this week.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
# The security system locks and unlocks silently. Is there any mode to enable any sound/notification? I like it this way, but wanted to know if there is an option. Must say am yet to go through the manual.
I am not sure it supports sound.. so far, I could not get it to work.. I frequently have to peek behind to see the indicator flashing to be assured its locked... but a sound notification would have been nice.

Quote:
The Civic retains the fun-to-drive factor & no-nonsense ownership experience, and then offers safety standards / highway behaviour / interior space in tune with the current times.
Also not to forget, that little but subtle ergonomic designs such as the mobile placement undulation, the dual use (retractable fins) of the cup holders compartment, short V shaped hand brake, flat floor etc etc..

Last edited by iTNerd : 12th May 2010 at 14:31.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I am not sure it supports sound.. so far, I could not get it to work.. I frequently have to peek behind to see the indicator flashing to be assured its locked... but a sound notification would have been nice.
+1 to that. I am so used to my Esteem's chirp that I sorely miss it on the Civic. However, the Honda website talksabout a Keyless entry with a Security Answerback - not sure what this refers to.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:48   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Baleno has just had a dose of ICE
Wouldn't be a bad idea to transfer the Baleno's ICE (if its good) to the Civic. From your opening post, I presume only the driver is going to be driving the Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Also not to forget, that little but subtle ergonomic designs such as the mobile placement undulation, the dual use (retractable fins) of the cup holders compartment, short V shaped hand brake, flat floor etc etc..
So true. There's a lot of little touches in the car that impress, stuff you get to know only after living with the car. What I like most about the Civic is the packaging. Interiors are surprisingly roomy and the ergonomics are spot on. A great car to have as a daily driver.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sunfilm done

Got Garware tints on the windows and rear. Medium Asphalt Grey if I recall correctly. My car does not normally bear the brunt of direct sunlight when parked, since I have covered parking both at office and home. Hence just wanted decent tints and wasn't too bothered about the level of heat rejection.

Installed at Glix Salt Lake. Karan (@ace6120) and Samik, thanks a ton. I got a fair T-BHP discount hence won't disclose the price here, unless Karan is ok with it.

Here's Srikesh Chauhan, the Garware trained installer. Did a pretty competent job.
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-glixsrikesh.jpg

Some more snaps
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-sunfilm1.jpg
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-sunfilm2.jpg
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-sunfilm3.jpg

And a couple of SUN-film shots
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-sunfilm5.jpg
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-sunfilm6.jpg
Old 14th May 2010, 13:58   #57
BHPian

Tints are a clean install.Looking good.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:56   #58
BHPian

wow, looks stunning, Everytime I see a CIVIC, my heart says Could've I stretched my ANHC-VMT budget? On the consoling side I say to my self "Naah, too expensive"
Old 14th May 2010, 15:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

what is wrong with the bumper in the 5th pic?

Looking good already - i guess you are right about the clean / polished bootlid without a spoiler spoiling the clean look - but may be it is just me waiting to see it with a small boot spoiler (OH not the mugen // type R spoiler)

Let it spoil more with ICE and Tyres. Hope to see it soon in person.

EDIT: get those HSRP look-a-like-a-looker registration plates.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 14th May 2010 at 15:05.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
what is wrong with the bumper in the 5th pic?
A slight irregularity in the bumper in the 5th pic.

Anyways, nice and clean installation of tints. The car would look a stunner with a bit more darker tints. But unfortunately, COPS !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks