Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 22:58   #61
BHPian

The tints make the car look even more stunning. Snaps are so drooling. It is a pleasure for you and envy for others.
Old 15th May 2010, 01:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SHUVC

This is the only car I wish to own after my Ford Ikon. Though poles apart the Civic was one car that gave me the feel of driving a true drivers car. Its just stunning and it was only after I drove a Civic did I realize & understand Honda's philosophy behind building a performance car. There is simply nothing quite like it for the money. I can buy a Ford Fiesta S and have the same amount of fun but its nowhere close to the owner ship and feel of owning a Honda. After driving the previous generation City and the existing Civic a fair bit (Friends cars) I now understand how Honda got their once famous ad line so right; "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" justifies every aspect of owning a Honda automobile.
Old 15th May 2010, 01:27   #63
BHPian

Congratulation ShuvC. Civic looks great in White.

I think you stay in New town Action Area -I, as most of the pictures background are from that area.

Regarding sun films, how effective is Garware as in last days weather was quite hot ?
Old 15th May 2010, 06:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, @jayanth, @repsol, @utopian, @sandeep, @ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wouldn't be a bad idea to transfer the Baleno's ICE (if its good) to the Civic. From your opening post, I presume only the driver is going to be driving the Baleno.
Yes it'll be primarily driver driven, but given a choice I'd keep the ICE there, since I'm sure I'll still drive it at times. Wifey has warned not to mete out any step-fatherly treatment to the Baleno! In fact the Baleno is in the workshop for some TLC for 2 days now - routine service plus small niggles for which I'm giving them adequate time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
what is wrong with the bumper in the 5th pic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
A slight irregularity in the bumper in the 5th pic.
Hmm .. you're right, got to check the bumper.

Quote:
Looking good already - i guess you are right about the clean / polished bootlid without a spoiler spoiling the clean look - but may be it is just me waiting to see it with a small boot spoiler (OH not the mugen // type R spoiler)

EDIT: get those HSRP look-a-like-a-looker registration plates.
No spoiler of any type at all for me !

I quite like the font of the lettering in the number plate they gave. You'll see when we meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
The car would look a stunner with a bit more darker tints. But unfortunately, COPS !!!
Yes the black ones are a bit too much. This medium shade goes pretty well with the smoked headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
I think you stay in New town Action Area -I, as most of the pictures background are from that area.

Regarding sun films, how effective is Garware as in last days weather was quite hot ?
I stay near the Airport. New Town offers some peaceful and deserted areas to shoot snaps, hence ...

My Baleno also has had Garware for a year or so. I think it has Light Ashpalt Grey, ie a shade lighter than this. Have been happy with it. But as I said earlier, I've got covered parking at office and home and hence the car rarely gets cooked. AC tends to chill quickly. Also both the Baleno and Civic have excellent ACs.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:05   #65
BHPian

Hi,
Congrats on ur newest purchase. Civic really looks good. I am contemplating on buying a Civic but the budget needs to be stretched. I have yet to look at an Altis but it seems to have more on offer than at a lesser price. Anyway will write more about my experience in another thread. By the way does your variant of the Civic have climate Control ?
Old 16th May 2010, 11:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

The Civic has Automatic Climate Control on both S and V variants.
Old 16th May 2010, 18:31   #67
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2010 at 13:50. Reason: SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for
Old 17th May 2010, 16:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congratulations first of all. Its a cool car for sure. White is cool but i like black more in Civic.

BTW, did you try to get any second hand civic for some great deal like GTO got? Less used & in immaculate condition? Just asking ... DOnt mind
Old 17th May 2010, 16:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

The first post had this...

Quote:
Either the Baleno or whatever I buy now. Handing over a new car to a driver was even more painful, I thought. Yes, I've been following the used car threads but selling the concept to wifey did not yield a favourable response. So new it had to be. Either small car for the driver or a new car for me.
@ Shuvc - Ninja is back? Does she know that you have already bought the car?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 17th May 2010 at 16:57.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @ambivalent, @M00m, @aniketi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Hmm .. you're right, got to check the bumper.
Checked another Civic in the apartment complex. It seemed to have a similar bend in the bumper. It's Misty Violet and hence not at all visible, unless one is looking for it. Wonder if this is part of the aerodynamics package

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
By the way does your variant of the Civic have climate Control ?
I think only the Civic E (now discontinued) lacked Climate Control.

@aniketi, Planet has answered your query. Also I had to buy with a huge loan. And used car loans make no sense.

Quote:
@ Shuvc - Ninja is back? Does she know that you have already bought the car?
Yep. She's back and was (understandably) the only person with full details about the purchase process.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:16   #71
BHPian

She looks beautiful C, congrats once again.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:46   #72

Good stuff ShuvC , Congratulations on your purchase
Old 19th May 2010, 11:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@aniketi, Planet has answered your query. Also I had to buy with a huge loan. And used car loans make no sense.
I also wanted to buy a good, well maintained powerful car in resale for about 5 Lacs. I seen some few good cars as well. But my wify was not ready for that. She said we will buy Santro also but new one. No resale car :(

So i did buy new Dzire only. Cant go against Wify else have to drive alone . Anyways i am very happy nowwith my new Dzire. No issue at all.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

ICE Installed

Thank you @toiingg and @jehangir

Installed ICE. Read about it here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...imple-ice.html

Got my first fuel top-up. FE of 10.86kmpl with 100% AC and at least 3-4 hours of idling. The dash display was indicating 10.5kmpl.

Quote:
Checked another Civic in the apartment complex. It seemed to have a similar bend in the bumper. It's Misty Violet and hence not at all visible, unless one is looking for it. Wonder if this is part of the aerodynamics package
I checked another Civic. And it had the same 'wavy' edge on the left of bumper. Must be a standard 'deformity' then.

Last edited by shuvc : 21st May 2010 at 01:21.
Old 21st May 2010, 04:03   #75
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Shuvc. Civic looks stunning even after quite a few years on the road. A few days back, saw a white civic with a black hood and i was drooling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks