Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 19:41   #31
BHPian

Superb selection i had posted my reviews after i test drove it twice once in bangalore and chennai, i am yet to book it , decided on the shadow blue looked very upclass
beige interiors appealed to me ( though difficult to maintain)
The bluetooth comes as a accessory the salesman told me it would cost 35k to be installed even for the comfortline.
yes the seats are difficult to get out but lumbar support is great especially if you are suffering from back pain.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Music play, thats amazing !! How's the quality ?

Why can't Skoda just offer this accessory !
I was terribly mistaken. The audio also works off the accessory only. The audio system is compatible with the accessory that is all. If I do not buy that accessory which is 28K incl installation, I cannot use bluetooth audio, the call button on the steering wheel and related features on the audio system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Have a blast mate , and do update us on Jetta's highway manners & how easily the CR engine goes above 100kmph speeds.
Did 800km on a single tank. Chennai-Yercaud-Chennai with some sight seeing in Yercaud as well. Average was 15kpl. Average speed was around 100-120kmph. Topped at 170kmph. Could cruise at 130-140 without pressing the pedal any harder than a slight touch. 165kmph at 3K rpm. Rock solid. I was holding the wheel as slightly as possible and still there was not an iota of drop of confidence levels. Didn't push the vehicle harder than that since the heavy vehicle traffic was a lot and also the cuts in the median were in hundreds. I was just being cautious and drove a little sanely throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Superb selection i had posted my reviews after i test drove it twice once in bangalore and chennai, i am yet to book it , decided on the shadow blue looked very upclass
beige interiors appealed to me ( though difficult to maintain)
The bluetooth comes as a accessory the salesman told me it would cost 35k to be installed even for the comfortline.
yes the seats are difficult to get out but lumbar support is great especially if you are suffering from back pain.
I was told the same thing would cost 28k incl installation. The seats are definitely great. I have driven 400km today and am at work and don't feel a thing.
Attached Thumbnails
My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*-p102082.jpg  

Last edited by deepakchan : 17th May 2010 at 18:13. Reason: Added a picture
Old 17th May 2010, 18:16   #33
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post

Did 800km on a single tank. Chennai-Yercaud-Chennai with some sight seeing in Yercaud as well. Average was 15kpl. Average speed was around 100-120kmph. Topped at 170kmph. Could cruise at 130-140 without pressing the pedal any harder than a slight touch. 165kmph at 3K rpm. Rock solid. I was holding the wheel as slightly as possible and still there was not an iota of drop of confidence levels. Didn't push the vehicle harder than that since the heavy vehicle traffic was a lot and also the cuts in the median were in hundreds. I was just being cautious and drove a little sanely throughout.
165 kmph @ 3000rpm - that's awesome man. Is it a 5 gear or 6 gear config?

It would have been a blast to drive on the highways at that speed with a solid & well built car like Jetta

How did you find the drive while climbing up the mountain? Any turbolag noticed??
Old 17th May 2010, 18:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
165 kmph @ 3000rpm - that's awesome man. Is it a 5 gear or 6 gear config?

It would have been a blast to drive on the highways at that speed with a solid & well built car like Jetta

How did you find the drive while climbing up the mountain? Any turbolag noticed??
It is a 5 gear config. Only the Passat is 6 gears.
Yes I really enjoyed the drive.
The turbolag was very minimal. I took almost all the hairpin bends with ease in 2nd gear. Was driving up the hill at 60kmph in 3rd gear and my wife thought I was very fast.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Average was 15kpl.
The display says 5.1L per 100kms which translates to 19.61 kpl!
Old 17th May 2010, 21:24   #36
oss
BHPian

Just one word - Awesome

And you've saved yourself about a lakh, now that the roadtax is going to be 15% from 1st June.

Enjoy your ride mate
Old 17th May 2010, 21:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

the display shows the fuel consumption at that particular time. not the average consumption over the trip.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:37   #38
BHPian

@deepakchan: sweet car good choice! love the colour. nice write up as well!
OT: hosanna? brilliant song as well!

drive safe!
Old 18th May 2010, 07:50   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the new car,, how about some pics of the engine bay and the boot to complete the collection ??
Old 18th May 2010, 12:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the display shows the fuel consumption at that particular time. not the average consumption over the trip.
Thanks for that. I was curious as to how accurate these high end cars are with the trip computer thing.
Old 19th May 2010, 11:08   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Yes it does. It is for that particular trip which I started in the morning and completed in the afternoon. The previous trip it was 12.1L per 100km.

Quote:
Just one word - Awesome

And you've saved yourself about a lakh, now that the roadtax is going to be 15% from 1st June.

Enjoy your ride mate
Thank you. Yes I read about the increase in road tax especially for those vehicles costing above Rs.10 lakh. If my wait was any longer for the colour I would've had to pay that extra.

Quote:
It IS the average consumption over the trip. If it had been the fuel consumption at that time, it would show 0.8L per 100km when idling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@deepakchan: sweet car good choice! love the colour. nice write up as well!
OT: hosanna? brilliant song as well!

drive safe!
Thanks jagxf. I am driving safely which I can't believe myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Congrats on the new car,, how about some pics of the engine bay and the boot to complete the collection ??
I sure would do that this week. Its been raining cats and dogs today.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Yes it does. It is for that particular trip which I started in the morning and completed in the afternoon. The previous trip it was 12.1L per 100km.
Sorry to be persistent. I was wondering about the average shown for the trip where you got 15kpl. 12.1L per 100km translates to just 8.26kpl.

Simply put, is the display close to the actual that you get?
Old 19th May 2010, 13:49   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It IS the average consumption over the trip. If it had been the fuel consumption at that time, it would show 0.8L per 100km when idling.
does it have a setting as in when to start calculating and when to stop? or does it just adjust itself after some kms of driving?
Old 19th May 2010, 14:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

congrats on TBHP too
Old 20th May 2010, 11:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry to be persistent. I was wondering about the average shown for the trip where you got 15kpl. 12.1L per 100km translates to just 8.26kpl.

Simply put, is the display close to the actual that you get?
Yes. The 8.26kpl was on the trip to ride up the Yercaud hill on 2nd and 3rd gear. The combination of all trips from tankful to tankful was calculated by self to be 15kpl. I actually have a feeling the average consumption for a trip shown by the MFD close to the actuals. I think I should take an average of all the average consumption figures shown for each trip and match it with my manual tankful to tankful calculation to confirm that.

Quote:
does it have a setting as in when to start calculating and when to stop? or does it just adjust itself after some kms of driving?
It resets after a few hours of stopping the vehicle. Suppose if I say go do some shopping and return in an hour or two it doesn't reset, but when parked overnight or when I am at work and take my car out only at the end of the day, the trip resets. I can also manually reset the trip and make it a new route. There is a manual trip meter which is under my control anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
congrats on TBHP too
Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks