Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 11:12   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol (moondust silver)

After almost 3 months of searching in the hatchback segment, testing the Palio's, Vista's, Swifts, Beat's decided on the Figo immediate after the test drive. The Maruti 800 i used to drive was an absolute charm and it was only because of going for a better and technologically advanced car made me upgrade..Well about my Figo..

I walked into Lathangi Ford on the 18th April with my wife and kids and booked the car, got delivery on the 28th April.

Accessories:
Getting the sun film done today and gsport seats this weekend. Got delayed as i have been travelling on business and vacation. Just found time from the past couple of days to be with the car!

Wanted a USB cable extension and was told it is out of stock. Wonder why this is not standard fitting??

Engine:
I drove around 220km yesterday and did not feel a bit tired and one thing to mention is that at times felt the throttle needed more pumping with the AC on specially at low speeds...At 100km speed at times i felt vibrations however chose to ignore as it disappeared later. Did not want to push it beyond 100..Thought it heats up quite fast, probably it was dead in the afternoon..

Suspension:
Appeared to be a bit hard however was comfortable

Transmission:
Butter is the word!

Aircon: i must admit this is very powerful, specially during the evenings the inside becomes very cold and you are forced to shut it for some time though..

Handling:
Returning from Maddur there was very heavy rains with high wind speeds and trust me the car was extremely easy to handle in those conditions..Did not really want to take a chance and pulled up till the rains subsided...

Did notice that while breaking there is some sound, wonder if it is due to ABS?

Dislikes:
Child lock appears clumsy, could have done with a switch with the driver..
The security system should have been at par with the standard autocops, i miss that one...

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00380.jpg  

Old 11th May 2010, 12:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

COngrats. Looking forward for more updates on the new 1.2 in town.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:37   #3
BHPian

congratulations and drive safe
Old 11th May 2010, 12:59   #4
BANNED

Congrats, Do throw me a PM if you have any issues with your car.

Drive safe & have loads of fun!
Old 11th May 2010, 13:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Nice choice of color. Which variant did you buy?
It would nice if you can elaborate on the buying experience and the total cost, etc.
I agree the AC is a chiller. Myself and some of my colleagues went for a TD at 2:00 in the afternoon and the rear seat passengers were very comfortable.

And more pictures please!
Old 11th May 2010, 13:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
The security system should have been at par with the standard autocops, i miss that one...
Do you mean the alarm part here?
Old 11th May 2010, 13:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Do you mean the alarm part here?
yes the alarm and the rest of the features that come with it...
Old 11th May 2010, 14:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol (moondust silver)

After almost 3 months of searching in the hatchback segment, testing the Palio's, Vista's, Swifts, Beat's decided on the Figo immediate after the test drive. The Maruti 800 i used to drive was an absolute charm and it was only because of going for a better and technologically advanced car made me upgrade..Well about my Figo..

I walked into Lathangi Ford on the 18th April with my wife and kids and booked the car, got delivery on the 28th April.

Accessories:
Getting the sun film done today and gsport seats this weekend. Got delayed as i have been travelling on business and vacation. Just found time from the past couple of days to be with the car!

Wanted a USB cable extension and was told it is out of stock. Wonder why this is not standard fitting??

Engine:
I drove around 220km yesterday and did not feel a bit tired and one thing to mention is that at times felt the throttle needed more pumping with the AC on specially at low speeds...At 100km speed at times i felt vibrations however chose to ignore as it disappeared later. Did not want to push it beyond 100..Thought it heats up quite fast, probably it was dead in the afternoon..

Suspension:
Appeared to be a bit hard however was comfortable

Transmission:
Butter is the word!

Aircon: i must admit this is very powerful, specially during the evenings the inside becomes very cold and you are forced to shut it for some time though..

Handling:
Returning from Maddur there was very heavy rains with high wind speeds and trust me the car was extremely easy to handle in those conditions..Did not really want to take a chance and pulled up till the rains subsided...

Did notice that while breaking there is some sound, wonder if it is due to ABS?

Dislikes:
Child lock appears clumsy, could have done with a switch with the driver..

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
This is the Titanium with the coral dash. It will take a while to get used to the coral but once it sinks in you will love it.

On road was 5.3L and it was quite a pleasant buying experience for me. The SP was OK, not the typical one however I was able to talk my way into getting delivery quickly 9 days to be precise. I am told there is a wait period of almost 2 months!!

They absolutely do not budge on prices or offer any discount. The only discount i got was a corporate discount of 3.5k. I still feel the ford dealership has to come a long way to match the Maruti's and Hyundai's...
Old 11th May 2010, 14:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

FIGO is the buzz word for hatches at the moment. Off late have been spotting many FIGOs on road.

Congrats!. Do enjoy many more miles on the FIGO
Old 11th May 2010, 15:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sumathindra on your new car, you seems to be enjoying your new possession.

You got your Figo in 10 days ! looks like petrol Figo’s don’t have much waiting unlike diesel.

Do let us know about your dealer experience ! and what kind of fuel efficiency you are getting on your Figo ?

Last edited by tj123 : 11th May 2010 at 15:47. Reason: typo
Old 11th May 2010, 19:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
yes the alarm and the rest of the features that come with it...
Well, do you get separate boot opening in the Autocop?
Old 11th May 2010, 22:30   #12
BHPian

Good review but, dude, you missed the million dollar question. And that is ...What is the F.E?
Old 12th May 2010, 09:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Good review but, dude, you missed the million dollar question. And that is ...What is the F.E?
Sumanthindra has been into Figo ownership for less than a month hence asking him for its fuel effeciency is bit pre-mature. Though I must admit that I am also looking forward to hear about it.

I am sure once Suman does a decent mileage, he shall be in a better position to report the same.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Petrol Figo. Finally Im not the only one with the petrol donkey
Do update us on your FE and running.

Drive safe
Old 12th May 2010, 12:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Got some info and a review of 1.2 petrol Figo. In there test drive they claimed to got a mileage of 13.5KMPL which is quite decent, not sure if this is a city/highway figure.

Read the full review on Ford Figo 1.2 petrol road test, Ford Figo Duratec petrol technical specifications and price | DWS Auto India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks