Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 22:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota FORTUNER Ownership report.

Let me add my two paise here (Anshuman, sorry for butting in): standard service costs are minimal. A general checkup takes 350-400 Rupees, including basic clean-up. I got that done before my roadtrip. A wiper blade replacement costs Rs. 350.

My major expenditure has been on changing engine oil + oil filter every 5000 km (a personal choice). The other costs were minimal. The labour costs were at par with other Toyota vehicles'.

The major parts will obviously be expensive. But I am hoping that the Fortuner lives upto its reputation, and that I have 'nothing major to report' even when I touch 100000 km.

In my 15000 km till now, everything is fine. And I love the reliability/dependability - last weekend I had to do mild offroading and cross a shallow stream to reach my resort - alone - at midnight. It was elephant country - there were two tuskers roaming around. You know that you can depend on the Fortuner in such situations. During my recent roadtrip, I could drive fast on unknown roads in MP in the night - soaking up potholes and bad bumps - because I knew that the vehicle could handle whatever the road could throw at it. Huge potholes, horrible bumps at speed. The only issue was a minor wheel misalignment that got sorted out in the 15000 servicing after the trip. Believe me, many other vehicles would have limped to the service centre after going over what the Fortuner went over, and got me stranded in the middle of a trip.

The brakes, ride quality, utilitarian feel are obviously compromises - but one gets use to them. And the pros outweigh the cons significantly, to bring out a winner in terms of weighted average.

I spent Rs. 4000 for 15000 km servicing, including oil + oil filter change, and wheel alignment/balancing. And I am about to spend 13K on my 2003 Indica that is refusing to start properly.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks